• {It’s in the Details} Guestbook Alternative: Jenga, Anyone?

I love seeing cool and different alternatives to the traditional wedding guestbook, and I think this idea would be so fun for a couple that loves games….a Jenga guestbook.  You stack the pieces, let guests take a piece out, write a message on it, and then replace it.  When you play the game throughout your married lives, you have a special reminder of your day.

Photos by Jennifer Roper

1. Posted Jul 1 at 4:48 am | Permalink

This idea is genius! The couple can read the messages and can be reminded of their happy day 🙂

2. Posted Mar 16 at 10:46 pm | Permalink

such an awesome idea! LOVE couples that think outside the box!

3. Posted Jun 3 at 8:41 pm | Permalink

Found you from be different act normal. wow what a great idea! I am going to tell everyone about it.

4. Posted Jun 5 at 8:18 am | Permalink

Inventive idea. I am going to suggest to some couples that I know are getting married soon. I am here from be different act normal.

5. Posted Mar 27 at 8:23 pm | Permalink

Seriously loving this idea a lot. So clever! xo

6. Posted Jun 19 at 3:51 am | Permalink

Brilliant Wedding Guestbook Idea!

7. Posted Jun 23 at 11:19 am | Permalink

One could also have date night ideas for the couple.

8. Sarah
      Posted Aug 18 at 7:23 am | Permalink

Friends threw us an engagement party &’did this for us! So fun & cute!!! They had everyone write a piece of advice for us,

•  This week was a rough one. I feel like I say that every week but this one really was. Today alone had me at my breaking point. All three of my kids seemed hell bent on driving me crazy. Quincy literally wouldn't let me put him down or leave the room without a major scream-cry fest. He rode around on the fuss bus allllll day. Tropical storm Calvin left destruction in his wake everywhere he went (if you follow me on snap/stories you got a little sampling but that was nowhere near the extent of it). At one point I went into a room away from my kids and sat in a chair and cried. Within three minutes one of them found me (of course) gave me a hug, and we were all better (except Calvin -- I think this is his permanent state ). This photo is my version of thinking happy thoughts. Bougainvillea vibes ✌️️✨  And just like that, summer is back  Take me back to the fall weather of two days ago! Also, take me back to when this kid slept past 5 am and took naps. For a week now, between 4:30-5:30 am this kid climbs up on our bed over top of me and proceeds to squrim, poke, and annoy me till I get up. Quincy's sleeping till 6 or later FINALLY and now Calvin is waking me up!? And he refused to nap today (again) too. Seriously you guys, he's killin' me. He looks real cute in rain gear but if he does it again tonight he's headed to toddler military school. #sotiredineedanewwordfortired #calvins3rdyear #battlefieldmotherhood
       You know what is a great motivator? Not wanting to be outdone by your big bro. Cause look who's pulling himself up, so he can keep up  #quincysmilestones #calvinandquincy #lawdhelpme #charlieandcalsroomredo  There were very few baby things I hadn't yet tried by the time I had Quincy but I hadn't really used a sling before. I got my first sling when I was still pregnant with Q and tried it with Calvin, but once Cal was walking he never wanted to be carried. He's far too busy for all that. So Quincy is the first baby I've used a sling with, and I feel like I really missed out with the other two. I had and loved other carriers with them (and still do) but there is just something about the sling that is magical and it is my carrier of choice right now. It is convenient (you can keep it threaded and just throw it on), it is cozy, it doesn't tightly wrap behind my back which always makes me sweaty, and I can nurse while Quincy is in it which has been a lifesaver. I'm actually nursing him in this photo! I'm sharing photos from our recent visit to the pumpkin patch and how I got to do all the things with my family while wearing Quincy in the sling because I didn't have to stay with him in the stroller or go find a place to nurse him. He chilled, ate, and napped in my sling. And because I love it so much I'm teaming up with @mywildbird to give one reader a sling of their choice! Head to my blog to enter (link in profile) and tell your friends  #OLDfavefinds #babywearing #mywildbird #giveaway #fredrickfamfallfun