• {It’s in the Details} Chicken Wire

Since we have long ago established that I love all things rustic, vintage, flea-markety (yes, that is a real adjective!), and country chic, I’m always looking for ways to incorporate that type of stuff into wedding and home decor.  Enter, chicken wire…

Photo 2 via GoRustic, Photo 9 via designfabulous, remaining photos from Country Living

I love the look of chicken wire – the graphic pattern of it.  I think it could look really cool on a wedding stationery suite for a rustic farm or barn wedding, with little chicken wire touches in the decor.  You could have the flower girl basket and bathroom goodies baskets made out of chicken wire, and maybe the escort cards displayed on a chicken wire board like the one above.  Someone please use it in their wedding and then share the pictures with me!

1. Posted Mar 29 at 6:15 am | Permalink

I just bought some chicken wire baskets for our wedding and I love them! Love all your examples 🙂

from one vintage loverd to another!

2. Posted Mar 29 at 6:49 am | Permalink

ooohh i haven’t thought about this before!! very cool!

3. Posted Mar 29 at 7:51 am | Permalink

Oh how funny ~ adore it!!! And just picked some up at home depot to fill a frame with for a small farm inspired homemade post ;-)))) Lots of fabulous finds!

4. Posted May 2 at 10:14 am | Permalink

that chicken wire cloche is fab!!

5. Posted May 3 at 8:18 am | Permalink

What a cute idea!

6. Posted May 3 at 8:26 am | Permalink

Great idea! And I’m sure it would be a really cost effective product to use throughout.

•  Three things: 1. You've got one day left to enter my @mywildbird sling giveaway, so head over to my blog (link in profile) and tag your friends. 2. I was featured on @loyal_hana blog as part of their motherhood series, so if you want to give it a read and hear about my typical (hot mess) day or how I (don't) balance work and mothering head to their profile to find the link to their site. I pretty much live in their nursing-friendly clothes and was honored to be featured. 3. Charlie took this picture (and basically directed me for the shot) and it makes me really really happy   Putting the finishing touches on the boys' bedroom and had to stop to admire the magic that the morning light and their @babyjives mobile was making. ✨☁️⭐️❤️✨#charlieandcalsroomredo
       Can a person be your happy place? Because I'm pretty certain that Quincy is mine ☺️✨ #quincyrhys #thatdimpletho  This week was a rough one. I feel like I say that every week but this one really was. Today alone had me at my breaking point. All three of my kids seemed hell bent on driving me crazy. Quincy literally wouldn't let me put him down or leave the room without a major scream-cry fest. He rode around on the fuss bus allllll day. Tropical storm Calvin left destruction in his wake everywhere he went (if you follow me on snap/stories you got a little sampling but that was nowhere near the extent of it). At one point I went into a room away from my kids and sat in a chair and cried. Within three minutes one of them found me (of course) gave me a hug, and we were all better (except Calvin -- I think this is his permanent state ). This photo is my version of thinking happy thoughts. Bougainvillea vibes ✌️️✨