• {Real Wedding} Heather & Michael: Sunny Sonoma Vineyard Wedding

I fell in love with this wedding as soon as it arrived in my inbox!  From the bright yellow palette to the DIY elements and homemade treats, this wedding is so full of pretty I can’t pick my favorite thing.

sunny sonoma vineyard wedding via oh lovely day | photo by Hendrickson Photography
    How much do you LOVE those shoes!?
    And these bridesmaid dresses…
    Adorable and so accessorized!
    I love a wedding with lawn games
    Hair Stylist:  Belle of the Ball
    Caterer:  kitchen gretchen
    Reception Venue:  Private Residence
    Invitation Designer:  Paper Source
    Heirlooms and extras:  Handel & Spout
    Ceremony Location Casa Vecchia

Some details from the bride:

From the beginning, we knew that we wanted our wedding to be comfortable.  Most of our guests had never been to wine country and we wanted our wedding to showcase the rustic beauty of the area. One of the focal points of our wedding was the involvement of our friends and family to create the perfect day.  From the collection of over 1,000 glass jars to provide a candlelight backdrop for the reception, to the handmade bouquets created by the bridal party, our wedding was truly a community effort.  In the months leading up to the wedding, we posted huge pieces of craft paper on our apartment walls to list out all of the details that needed to be taken care of.   The morning prior to the wedding, a few of my bridesmaids and I took a trip to the San Francisco Flower Market and purchased locally grown flowers that were used in the bouquets and boutonnieres for the wedding party as well as a few centerpieces placed in mason jars on the tables.  My mom and a close family friend sewed the table runners using washed burlap embroidered with a delicate scalloped border.

A close friend that was ordained for the occasion married us under a magnificent oak tree surrounded by vineyards.  His personal words as well as the vows that we wrote to each other helped add to the intimate feeling for the entire evening. At the cocktail hour, we served a signature drink created with fresh-squeezed lemon juice, rosemary simple syrup, cointreau and vodka complemented with drink sticks tied with ribbon and yellow cocktail napkins stamped with our monogram.  The personal chef that we hired put in an incredible amount of time in sourcing the ingredients.  The figs for the appetizers were hand picked and the squash for the orzo salad had been grown especially for our wedding.   All of the other organic produce was from a local sustainable farm.  Many of our guests remarked that it was the best food that they had ever had at a wedding.
    Our guests danced all evening on the patio under the café string lights, played a pick-up game of bocce and mixed and mingled in the functioning wine barn.  For dessert, in lieu of a traditional wedding cake we asked a few family and friends to bring special treats for a dessert bar.  One of the bridesmaids made our wedding cake, a delicious vanilla cake with a coconut custard filling and coconut buttercream frosting. Others brought homemade desserts including French macaroons, white chocolate cake balls, cheesecake, and chocolate dipped rice crispy treats. The mother of the groom brought cakes that were a favorite from his childhood in Philadelphia. The contributions that our family and friends made to our wedding provided a personal and loving feeling for a day that we will never forget.

How much do you love this wedding!?

1. Posted Jul 13 at 6:18 am | Permalink

Where is the brides dress from? I LOVE it!

2. Posted Jul 13 at 7:03 am | Permalink

What a beautiful location! We absolutely love how the ceremony was centered around that stunning tree! It is so pretty!

3. Posted Jul 13 at 10:05 am | Permalink

what a gorgeous wedding! LOVE the yellow!

4. Posted Jul 13 at 10:38 am | Permalink

This looks great, I love the way you paired the images! Heather and Michael were so much fun to work with, and we had perfect weather. Thank you, Corey

5. Posted Jul 13 at 11:05 am | Permalink

I’m in love with this color palette, the fact that it’s in sonoma {one of my favorite locales}, and I love those great paper lanterns!!

Too cute, Chandra!

xoxo, chrissy from the perfect palette.

6. Posted Jul 13 at 11:52 am | Permalink

thanks for the kind words! The reception was also held at Casa Vecchia.
      @ashley, the dress is by Monique Lhuillier and was purchased second hand from OnceWed.

7. Posted Jul 14 at 9:01 am | Permalink

What a bright, sunny, and cheerful wedding! Lovely couple and colors!

8. Posted Jul 14 at 10:09 am | Permalink

Wow, I love everything about this wedding! And the description of all the personal and local touches is refreshing and spot on. I love everything Sonoma, and that dress is stunning. Very well done!

9. Posted Jul 15 at 4:40 am | Permalink

This is beautiful! Her dress is AMAZING! I love the color combo and all of the details. Thanks for sharing!

10. Posted Jul 28 at 5:47 pm | Permalink

Goodness, this is a pretty wedding! The yellow is such a happy touch and her lace dress is a stunner! Love it! I also really like the yellow flags at the entrance and the hanging lanterns at night. Very beautiful.

11. Posted Aug 12 at 9:14 am | Permalink

is that a monique lluhlier dress??? wow. everything about this wedding is just right.

12. Posted Aug 12 at 9:44 am | Permalink

@ Ashley & @jacin, I checked and yes, it is Monique Lluhlier and was purchased from OnceWed! Isn’t it gorg?!

13. Posted Sep 11 at 2:06 pm | Permalink

GORGEOUS wedding 🙂

Would you ever be interested in reselling the dress?

And can I ask where you got the wine barrel(s)?

14. Posted Sep 11 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

GORGEOUS wedding 🙂

Would you ever be willing to sell your dress?

And can I ask where you got those wine barrel(s)?

15. Posted Mar 5 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

I’ve been looking all over for these bridesmaid dresses! I love them! Is there any way you can find out where they are from?? 🙂

16. Posted Jun 5 at 9:32 am | Permalink

Does your Monique Lluhlier dress have a specific name for the style, I’d love to find it somewhere!

17. Posted Jun 5 at 9:36 am | Permalink

What was the name of the specific Monique Lluhlier dress you wore? I’d love to find that same one somewhere but she seems to have different names for a bunch of the dresses.

18. Posted Jul 16 at 8:25 am | Permalink

I absolutely LOVE that wood-grain/tree-textured papers are coming into style!

19. Posted Jul 26 at 10:58 pm | Permalink

That lace wedding dress is breath taking, she looks gorgeous in it.

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Sunday morning mood. It's how getting tossed in the air by your pops (if you're Calvin) or 8 straight hours of sleep (if you are me) will make ya feel  #calvins3rdyear  7 months old today, but momma won't be taking your 7 month photo today (probably not tomorrow either) because I'm so tired from your sleeping more like a 7 week old than a 7 month old. Did you not get the 3rd baby memo? If you don't give me more sleep soon I'm going to pull a Lindsay Lohan and check myself into a nice facility due to my "exhaustion" (except in my case it really will be exhaustion). Then who will you wake up all night, huh? So can you try and just wake me up once a night? Instead of 3? Deal? DEAL!!!? #seriouslysotired #quincyrhys
       Apparently you wanted to sleep in your own room as well, because last night your brothers bunked up and you got the nursery all to yourself and slept like a champ. 7:30-3:30, quick feeding, then up at 6:30. Which means I got my first real night's sleep in 7 months. Encore encore!!!  #quincyrhys #quincysmilestones  I can hardly believe Quincy was ever this tiny. And now he's 7 months tomorrow. Since we are out of the infant baby gear/clothing phase, I'm selling it all at a deep discount now at @ohlovelydaysale (including this playmat!) and more this weekend if you are local. See the flyer a few posts back and head to my sale feed. Tag your expecting friends or the mom's of new babes that are in So Cal! #OLDsamplesale