• {Styled Shoot} Whimsical Red Hearts Love Shoot

Red has never been one of my favorite colors, but when done right it can be so fun.  That is why I love this styled shoot, which I think can be great inspiration for an engagement session, a dinner party, or a fun casual wedding.  This shoot is one part vintage, one part Alice in Wonderland, mixed with a little Valentine’s Day, and it totally works!

Caterer:  Cookie Crafters
    Event Designer:  Elbee Designs
    Floral Designer:  Violet Opus
    Makeup Artist:  Jen Blushi

1. Posted Jul 21 at 8:55 am | Permalink

UM… I seriously LOVE this shoot. But I’m admittedly a red girl at heart. It’s incredibly charming. I’m off to pin this :)

The Perfect Palette

2. Posted Jul 21 at 11:03 am | Permalink

Her dress, those pearls, her hair – I love this shoot! I happen to love red too and would totally have one of those amazing red washer and dryers, but that’s a whole different subject!

3. Posted Jul 21 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

Aww, but red is such a lovely, striking colour! The way they used it in this shoot really shows it off and spices things up!

4. Posted Jul 21 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

That shoot was so fun. Thanks for the feature! It looks just lovely on Oh Lovely Day ; )

5. Posted Jul 21 at 5:13 pm | Permalink

That is an awesome oak tree! Red really pops for sure. It’s not one of my most favorite wedding colors but one of my bride’s did have some red tied into her dress and it looked surprisingly great.

6. Posted Jul 23 at 6:19 am | Permalink

I just love that flirty dress :) And it looks like it was sewn especially for her :)

7. Posted Jul 24 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

So totally playful and fun! Gorgeous!

• follow oh lovely day on pinterest
    • Topics

Archives

• mens wearhouse
    • Sugarplum Lane Baby
    • Minted Wedding Stationery
    • Gilded Rentals

My Favorite Things

Shop For Your Honeymoon

Baby Must-Haves

• Our Wedding
    • Bloggers Wedding Advice
    • Lovely Ever After
    • oh lovely day on instagram
    •  Calvin and I went with the boys to drop Charlie off at his last day of school for this year. One of his teachers is retiring and I wanted to give her a hug and a box of @milkjarcookies myself, and let her peek at the baby. Charlie was so proud to show off his baby brother to his teachers
       #tbt to one week ago. At 38.5 weeks, my water broke at 1:30 am (can you believe that my water broke with Charlie at 39 weeks at 2:30 am!?) A long and sometimes difficult pregnancy was followed by a much shorter and easier labor & delivery - pretty much the opposite experience than my first time around. At 9:50 am, Calvin Michael was born. I'll share his full birth story eventually because it was such a different and enjoyable experience. I loved that I got to have Calvin on me right away (complications didn't allow that with Charlie but I literally pulled Cal out of me and laid him on my chest). I was so emotional and completely happy and in love. Happy 1 week Calvin. I so love being your momma.
    • Wedding Paper Divas Save the Date Card Sale