• {Styled Shoot} Whimsical Red Hearts Love Shoot

Red has never been one of my favorite colors, but when done right it can be so fun.  That is why I love this styled shoot, which I think can be great inspiration for an engagement session, a dinner party, or a fun casual wedding.  This shoot is one part vintage, one part Alice in Wonderland, mixed with a little Valentine’s Day, and it totally works!

Caterer:  Cookie Crafters
    Event Designer:  Elbee Designs
    Floral Designer:  Violet Opus
    Makeup Artist:  Jen Blushi

1. Posted Jul 21 at 8:55 am | Permalink

UM… I seriously LOVE this shoot. But I’m admittedly a red girl at heart. It’s incredibly charming. I’m off to pin this 🙂

The Perfect Palette

2. Posted Jul 21 at 11:03 am | Permalink

Her dress, those pearls, her hair – I love this shoot! I happen to love red too and would totally have one of those amazing red washer and dryers, but that’s a whole different subject!

3. Posted Jul 21 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

Aww, but red is such a lovely, striking colour! The way they used it in this shoot really shows it off and spices things up!

4. Posted Jul 21 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

That shoot was so fun. Thanks for the feature! It looks just lovely on Oh Lovely Day ; )

5. Posted Jul 21 at 5:13 pm | Permalink

That is an awesome oak tree! Red really pops for sure. It’s not one of my most favorite wedding colors but one of my bride’s did have some red tied into her dress and it looked surprisingly great.

6. Posted Jul 23 at 6:19 am | Permalink

I just love that flirty dress 🙂 And it looks like it was sewn especially for her 🙂

7. Posted Jul 24 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

So totally playful and fun! Gorgeous!

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Quincy and I went to the #redCARpetsafety event today, which raises awareness for baby safety. Saw friends @uppababy @munchkin @ergobaby @babyganics & made some new ones like @thestep2company @showmeyourmumu as well. Quincy was making eyes at all the ladies, but he flirted the biggest with Caila with the good hair (which should totally be her hashtag). And all the new moms and moms-to-be were asking about this sling @mywildbird! Which made me think of a good #momtip: Taking Quincy on the go is so much easier thanks to babywearing and that @loyal_hana jumpsuit -- the hidden zippers make it so easy to nurse Quincy while wearing him in the sling. No one even knows I'm breastfeeding! Makes it so much easier to go places, especially with other little ones. I did a whole post on ohlovelyday.com about breastfeeding while babywearing if you want more tips! #OLDfavefinds #quincyrhys #babywearing #normalizebreastfeeding  If I got to take two naps a day I'd be this happy too.  And for all of you who have asked me about this playmat, I blogged all about it today -- link in profile. #OLDfavefinds #quincyrhys
       Watching these three interact with each other over breakfast makes me flash forward to seeing them doing the same thing as big boys and teenagers and it makes me smile and shed a little tear at the same time. And then I think about how much cereal and milk I'm gonna have to buy  #thefredrickboys #lifewithboys  It's been one of those days (weeks, months, years) where everything is going wrong. Been up since 4:45 since I couldn't get Quincy back to sleep after a feeding. Calvin fell asleep in the stroller on a walk at 10:30 (something he hasn't done since he was like 5 months old!) so his normal nap (my break to eat/shower/work/rest or only have one child to care for for a couple hours) is gone for the day. Quincy pooped all over himself so bad that we were both literally covered in . And he's already woken up from his afternoon nap after only 45 very short minutes. And I'm supposed to have a date with my husband tonight except I'm exhausted and covered in  and have no time to do anything about either one. Oh, and I fell down the stairs (sore but not hurt). Motherhood: somedays you win, somedays you lose. But on all the days you are, to some extent in this season of motherhood, covered in shit.  Here's hoping the weekend is less shitty, in all the ways. #beerme #battlefieldmotherhood