• {Inspiration Board} My Wedding Inspiration: Vintage California-Chic

Since I’ll be posting all about my wedding and sharing my photos with you next week, today I wanted to share the board that I made WAY back in late 2008 (I think) as the inspiration for my wedding.  And I still love the board.  It is the exact same one I’d use if I got married now.  Wouldn’t change a thing!

inspiration board | DIY + paper details | vintage california chic wedding of Oh Lovely Day | Photo by Jennifer Roper
    {top row: beverage dispensers, mojitos & groom, mason lanterns / middle row: table number, melissa sweet fern gown, Maybelle calligraphy & key / bottom row: lovebirds, lemons, cupcakes, bouquet}

{inspiration} vintage california chic
    {colors} canary, avocado, ocean, bisque

I knew I was getting married at a beautiful outdoor venue overlooking the Santa Monica Bay, so I wanted to incorporate nature into my color palette and decor.  At the same time I wanted the style to reflect me and the vintage things I love.  What resulted is the vintage California chic style above.  And you can go here to how it translated in my own wedding photos.

1. Posted Aug 26 at 7:37 am | Permalink

So pretty! Can’t wait to see how everything came together. I love getting a peek into blogger’s own big days :)

2. Posted Aug 26 at 7:59 am | Permalink

Fun colors! I look forward to seeing your wedding photos! :)

3. Posted Aug 26 at 8:35 am | Permalink

So excited to see the pictures I bet you were beautiful x love the colour palette

4. Posted Aug 26 at 10:12 am | Permalink

super pretty :)

xoxo, chrissy
      The Perfect Palette

5. Posted Aug 26 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

Excellent colors – and it DOES remind me of Santa Monica!

6. Posted Aug 26 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

I love this color palette!

7. Posted Aug 26 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

beautiful! can’t wait to see how it all came together!

8. Posted Aug 6 at 11:41 pm | Permalink

Fantastic color combination, all details are very nice and so spectacular.

• follow oh lovely day on pinterest
    • Topics

Archives

• mens wearhouse
    • Sugarplum Lane Baby
    • Minted Wedding Stationery
    • Gilded Rentals

My Favorite Things

Shop For Your Honeymoon

Baby Must-Haves

• Our Wedding
    • Bloggers Wedding Advice
    • Lovely Ever After
    • oh lovely day on instagram
    •  Fall is babywearing weather and Cal is my best accessory.
       Conquered my first weekend alone with two kids . To celebrate, Charlie and I had an ice cream + Trader Joes date when my husband got back from Big Bear. We haven't done this since before Calvin was born, unless you count one visit to Target. I've missed him. He's the sweetest, most loving, funniest kid I know. ❤️
    • Wedding Paper Divas Save the Date Card Sale