• {Inspiration Board} My Wedding Inspiration: Vintage California-Chic

Since I’ll be posting all about my wedding and sharing my photos with you next week, today I wanted to share the board that I made WAY back in late 2008 (I think) as the inspiration for my wedding.  And I still love the board.  It is the exact same one I’d use if I got married now.  Wouldn’t change a thing!

inspiration board | DIY + paper details | vintage california chic wedding of Oh Lovely Day | Photo by Jennifer Roper
    {top row: beverage dispensers, mojitos & groom, mason lanterns / middle row: table number, melissa sweet fern gown, Maybelle calligraphy & key / bottom row: lovebirds, lemons, cupcakes, bouquet}

{inspiration} vintage california chic
    {colors} canary, avocado, ocean, bisque

I knew I was getting married at a beautiful outdoor venue overlooking the Santa Monica Bay, so I wanted to incorporate nature into my color palette and decor.  At the same time I wanted the style to reflect me and the vintage things I love.  What resulted is the vintage California chic style above.  And you can go here to how it translated in my own wedding photos.

1. Posted Aug 26 at 7:37 am | Permalink

So pretty! Can’t wait to see how everything came together. I love getting a peek into blogger’s own big days 🙂

2. Posted Aug 26 at 7:59 am | Permalink

Fun colors! I look forward to seeing your wedding photos! 🙂

3. Posted Aug 26 at 8:35 am | Permalink

So excited to see the pictures I bet you were beautiful x love the colour palette

4. Posted Aug 26 at 10:12 am | Permalink

super pretty 🙂

xoxo, chrissy
      The Perfect Palette

5. Posted Aug 26 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

Excellent colors – and it DOES remind me of Santa Monica!

6. Posted Aug 26 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

I love this color palette!

7. Posted Aug 26 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

beautiful! can’t wait to see how it all came together!

8. Posted Aug 6 at 11:41 pm | Permalink

Fantastic color combination, all details are very nice and so spectacular.

•  Three things: 1. You've got one day left to enter my @mywildbird sling giveaway, so head over to my blog (link in profile) and tag your friends. 2. I was featured on @loyal_hana blog as part of their motherhood series, so if you want to give it a read and hear about my typical (hot mess) day or how I (don't) balance work and mothering head to their profile to find the link to their site. I pretty much live in their nursing-friendly clothes and was honored to be featured. 3. Charlie took this picture (and basically directed me for the shot) and it makes me really really happy   Putting the finishing touches on the boys' bedroom and had to stop to admire the magic that the morning light and their @babyjives mobile was making. ✨☁️⭐️❤️✨#charlieandcalsroomredo
       Can a person be your happy place? Because I'm pretty certain that Quincy is mine ☺️✨ #quincyrhys #thatdimpletho  This week was a rough one. I feel like I say that every week but this one really was. Today alone had me at my breaking point. All three of my kids seemed hell bent on driving me crazy. Quincy literally wouldn't let me put him down or leave the room without a major scream-cry fest. He rode around on the fuss bus allllll day. Tropical storm Calvin left destruction in his wake everywhere he went (if you follow me on snap/stories you got a little sampling but that was nowhere near the extent of it). At one point I went into a room away from my kids and sat in a chair and cried. Within three minutes one of them found me (of course) gave me a hug, and we were all better (except Calvin -- I think this is his permanent state ). This photo is my version of thinking happy thoughts. Bougainvillea vibes ✌️️✨