• {Inspiration Board} My Wedding Inspiration: Vintage California-Chic

Since I’ll be posting all about my wedding and sharing my photos with you next week, today I wanted to share the board that I made WAY back in late 2008 (I think) as the inspiration for my wedding.  And I still love the board.  It is the exact same one I’d use if I got married now.  Wouldn’t change a thing!

inspiration board | DIY + paper details | vintage california chic wedding of Oh Lovely Day | Photo by Jennifer Roper
    {top row: beverage dispensers, mojitos & groom, mason lanterns / middle row: table number, melissa sweet fern gown, Maybelle calligraphy & key / bottom row: lovebirds, lemons, cupcakes, bouquet}

{inspiration} vintage california chic
    {colors} canary, avocado, ocean, bisque

I knew I was getting married at a beautiful outdoor venue overlooking the Santa Monica Bay, so I wanted to incorporate nature into my color palette and decor.  At the same time I wanted the style to reflect me and the vintage things I love.  What resulted is the vintage California chic style above.  And you can go here to how it translated in my own wedding photos.

1. Posted Aug 26 at 7:37 am | Permalink

So pretty! Can’t wait to see how everything came together. I love getting a peek into blogger’s own big days 🙂

2. Posted Aug 26 at 7:59 am | Permalink

Fun colors! I look forward to seeing your wedding photos! 🙂

3. Posted Aug 26 at 8:35 am | Permalink

So excited to see the pictures I bet you were beautiful x love the colour palette

4. Posted Aug 26 at 10:12 am | Permalink

super pretty 🙂

xoxo, chrissy
      The Perfect Palette

5. Posted Aug 26 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

Excellent colors – and it DOES remind me of Santa Monica!

6. Posted Aug 26 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

I love this color palette!

7. Posted Aug 26 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

beautiful! can’t wait to see how it all came together!

8. Posted Aug 6 at 11:41 pm | Permalink

Fantastic color combination, all details are very nice and so spectacular.

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  If my gym were this cute I'd go more often. (Or at least I'd *think* about going more often )  After a few nights with frequent wake ups after his first long stretch of sleep, I decided to try having Quincy sleep in his bassinet instead of the rock-n-play he has always slept in to help with his reflux. He usually sleeps from 7:30 or 8 pm to 1:30, then eats and goes back to sleep, waking every 1-2 hrs till 7-8 am. Well, last night I put him down in his rock-n-play (since he nurses right before bed and I was worried his reflux would flare if I laid him flat) and when I went to bed 2 hours later I moved him to his bassinet. He didn't wake up and slept until -- wait for it -- 4:15 am! Then he nursed and was back to sleep by 5am and slept till 8! What a huge difference! I got 6 straight hours of sleep and 8 total. It's like a new world today ✨ So night sleep in the @dockatot placed in our @thelandofnod bassinet is our new thang  #quincysmilestones #quincyrhys
       These ranunculus are still going strong and the yellow is just so beautiful. One of my favorite flowers for sure   How we survive kid birthday parties: Ergo + beer FTW. (Quincy's first time in the Ergo and he loooooved it) #quincyrhys #quincysmilestones