• {Inspiration Board} My Wedding Inspiration: Vintage California-Chic

Since I’ll be posting all about my wedding and sharing my photos with you next week, today I wanted to share the board that I made WAY back in late 2008 (I think) as the inspiration for my wedding.  And I still love the board.  It is the exact same one I’d use if I got married now.  Wouldn’t change a thing!

inspiration board | DIY + paper details | vintage california chic wedding of Oh Lovely Day | Photo by Jennifer Roper
    {top row: beverage dispensers, mojitos & groom, mason lanterns / middle row: table number, melissa sweet fern gown, Maybelle calligraphy & key / bottom row: lovebirds, lemons, cupcakes, bouquet}

{inspiration} vintage california chic
    {colors} canary, avocado, ocean, bisque

I knew I was getting married at a beautiful outdoor venue overlooking the Santa Monica Bay, so I wanted to incorporate nature into my color palette and decor.  At the same time I wanted the style to reflect me and the vintage things I love.  What resulted is the vintage California chic style above.  And you can go here to how it translated in my own wedding photos.

1. Posted Aug 26 at 7:37 am | Permalink

So pretty! Can’t wait to see how everything came together. I love getting a peek into blogger’s own big days 🙂

2. Posted Aug 26 at 7:59 am | Permalink

Fun colors! I look forward to seeing your wedding photos! 🙂

3. Posted Aug 26 at 8:35 am | Permalink

So excited to see the pictures I bet you were beautiful x love the colour palette

4. Posted Aug 26 at 10:12 am | Permalink

super pretty 🙂

xoxo, chrissy
      The Perfect Palette

5. Posted Aug 26 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

Excellent colors – and it DOES remind me of Santa Monica!

6. Posted Aug 26 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

I love this color palette!

7. Posted Aug 26 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

beautiful! can’t wait to see how it all came together!

8. Posted Aug 6 at 11:41 pm | Permalink

Fantastic color combination, all details are very nice and so spectacular.

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  We didn't remember to take his 4 month photos today (we'll just pretend the 26th is tomorrow ) but we did manage a photo for #rednoseday. Don't forget to donate! @rednosedayusa ❣#doitforthekids  Kind of obsessed with this invitation suite from @minted for a desert wedding. It's the kind of stationery suite that you could design an entire wedding around and it would be  #mintedweddings
       Talking about embracing our postpartum bodies on the blog today with photos from my shoot with @sollybabywrap when I was 10 days postpartum. Let's start a movement of embracing our real postpartum mom bods - haven't we earned it after pregnancy, labor, delivery, sleep deprivation, nursing, and everything else we put our bodies through? Head to the blog to read my thoughts on the subject - link in profile or ohlovelyday.com. And share your own postpartum photos proudly with #embraceyourmombod #battlefieldmotherhood  @maxwanger #quincyrhys #sollybaby  Can I freeze time and keep him a yummy baby forever?  #quincyrhys