• {Inspiration Board} My Wedding Inspiration: Vintage California-Chic

Since I’ll be posting all about my wedding and sharing my photos with you next week, today I wanted to share the board that I made WAY back in late 2008 (I think) as the inspiration for my wedding.  And I still love the board.  It is the exact same one I’d use if I got married now.  Wouldn’t change a thing!

inspiration board | DIY + paper details | vintage california chic wedding of Oh Lovely Day | Photo by Jennifer Roper
    {top row: beverage dispensers, mojitos & groom, mason lanterns / middle row: table number, melissa sweet fern gown, Maybelle calligraphy & key / bottom row: lovebirds, lemons, cupcakes, bouquet}

{inspiration} vintage california chic
    {colors} canary, avocado, ocean, bisque

I knew I was getting married at a beautiful outdoor venue overlooking the Santa Monica Bay, so I wanted to incorporate nature into my color palette and decor.  At the same time I wanted the style to reflect me and the vintage things I love.  What resulted is the vintage California chic style above.  And you can go here to how it translated in my own wedding photos.

1. Posted Aug 26 at 7:37 am | Permalink

So pretty! Can’t wait to see how everything came together. I love getting a peek into blogger’s own big days 🙂

2. Posted Aug 26 at 7:59 am | Permalink

Fun colors! I look forward to seeing your wedding photos! 🙂

3. Posted Aug 26 at 8:35 am | Permalink

So excited to see the pictures I bet you were beautiful x love the colour palette

4. Posted Aug 26 at 10:12 am | Permalink

super pretty 🙂

xoxo, chrissy
      The Perfect Palette

5. Posted Aug 26 at 1:09 pm | Permalink

Excellent colors – and it DOES remind me of Santa Monica!

6. Posted Aug 26 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

I love this color palette!

7. Posted Aug 26 at 4:43 pm | Permalink

beautiful! can’t wait to see how it all came together!

8. Posted Aug 6 at 11:41 pm | Permalink

Fantastic color combination, all details are very nice and so spectacular.

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Watching these three interact with each other over breakfast makes me flash forward to seeing them doing the same thing as big boys and teenagers and it makes me smile and shed a little tear at the same time. And then I think about how much cereal and milk I'm gonna have to buy  #thefredrickboys  It's been one of those days (weeks, months, years) where everything is going wrong. Been up since 4:45 since I couldn't get Quincy back to sleep after a feeding. Calvin fell asleep in the stroller on a walk at 10:30 (something he hasn't done since he was like 5 months old!) so his normal nap (my break to eat/shower/work/rest or only have one child to care for for a couple hours) is gone for the day. Quincy pooped all over himself so bad that we were both literally covered in . And he's already woken up from his afternoon nap after only 45 very short minutes. And I'm supposed to have a date with my husband tonight except I'm exhausted and covered in  and have no time to do anything about either one. Oh, and I fell down the stairs (sore but not hurt). Motherhood: somedays you win, somedays you lose. But on all the days you are, to some extent in this season of motherhood, covered in shit.  Here's hoping the weekend is less shitty, in all the ways. #beerme #battlefieldmotherhood
       If I got to take two naps a day I'd be this happy too.  And for all of you who have asked me about this playmat, I blogged all about it today -- link in profile. #OLDfavefinds #quincyrhys  Obligatory first day of fall photo to formally introduce the season of everything pumpkin, for better or worse. I'm a pumpkin pancakes-waffles-bread-rolls lover but not into it in allthethings. I'm gonna make a fall family bucket list to celebrate my favorite season. What's your favorite fall tradition? And are you into pumpkin everything? Yay or no way