• {It’s in the Details} Mason Jar Lanterns

Ok, mason lovers!  Back by popular demand is my Lovely Masons Series.  We’ve covered mason jars as floral containers and 10 DIY mason jar wedding ideas.  Up today, mason jar luminaries and lanterns.

{hanging masons with candles}
     {aqua mason with floating candle + and an ocean view}
    {mason luminaries}
     {mason and candle centerpiece}
    {mark brooke photography via style me pretty}
    {collection of floating candle masons & a mason candle chandelier}

If you love the mason series and ideas but can’t find enough to bring your vision to life, come back next week for some ideas and sources for mason jars!  Hope you all have a lovely weekend.  xx

1. Posted Aug 19 at 6:54 am | Permalink

love this – my favorite is the floating candle in the mason jar {last pic on the left}. So pretty

2. Posted Aug 19 at 7:52 am | Permalink

it seems to me that DIY lanterns are very popular these days… and when I look at these photos, I’m not surprised at all by this fact.

3. Posted Aug 19 at 11:18 am | Permalink

I don’t think there’s anything a mason jar can’t do 😉 And these lanterns just prove it in the most gorgeous way!

4. Posted Aug 20 at 11:13 am | Permalink

Chandra – this post is full of so many heavenly photos!! Thanks for the beautiful inspiration :o)

5. Posted Aug 20 at 2:15 pm | Permalink

How can you not love them?!!?

6. Posted Aug 22 at 6:48 am | Permalink

These are ALL so gorgeous! I want to incorporate mason jar lanterns into my backyard somehow… thanks for the help 😉

7. Posted Jan 3 at 12:58 am | Permalink

I think these look so pretty. Great way to recycle too!

8. Posted Jan 4 at 10:40 am | Permalink

These are so beautiful! I love tea light candles and they look so pretty in those mason jars. Thank you for the inspiration!

9. Anonymous
      Posted Jun 2 at 5:54 pm | Permalink

Where do you get light blue mason jars?

• Posted Jul 24 at 12:33 pm | Permalink

You can search at flea markets and estate sales, ebay, or make your own! See my Make your own mason jar post under the mason jars label to the right.

10. Posted Jun 9 at 8:35 am | Permalink

Great idea and seems really simple

11. Posted Aug 20 at 4:59 am | Permalink

Love this idea, very easy and looks great!

12. Posted Sep 15 at 8:23 am | Permalink

I saw a similar idea to this recently at a Wedding here in the UK, the steps leading up to the hotel had different styles of jars / candles all the way up them. Very impressive.

13. Posted Nov 17 at 3:46 am | Permalink

I love candles. great idea and so pretty. Table number 6 is very cute.

•  Seriously cannot believe I'm saying this but, YOU ARE NINE MONTHS OLD! Your first 9 months of life sure did go by faster than your 9 months in my belly, and I didn't even know you were in there for the first 9 weeks! (Yep, I was totally that pregnant lady the third time around  but that's a story for another time...) You are feeding yourself, have still never had a bottle , are pulling up to standing, sprint crawling, finally cut your first tooth and are working on your second. You have regressed in sleep and the last week have been waking up 1-2 times a night but I know it's those teeth. You are not a good teether. You're babbling like crazy, mostly in this hilarious new demon voice, you often mimic sounds, and are always saying dadadada. How about a little mama, huh? I'm the one who has barely slept for 9 months through colic and reflux and nursing and night wakings and who carries you around on my person 90% of the time. I'm not bitter though. The smiles you save for me alone more than make up for it. #quincysmonthbymonth  Countdown to Halloween is on! Reminiscing about that time Charlie was @macklemore for Halloween, 2013. Kid was two weeks shy of three and played the part to a tee. What is your favorite costume you or your kids ever did? #isthatyourgrandmascoat #poppintags #charlieasmacklemore #babymacklemore #bornentertainer #charlesdashiell
       Continuing the Halloween theme today because I'm in a Halloween mood  Last year. My favorite movie as a kid became Charlie's favorite last year and he wanted to be Jareth so bad. I wasn't sure I could pull it off, but we did. Even down to dressing Calvin as Toby because he was the perfect age. I don't think it will ever get better than this for me. #dancemagicdance #babewiththepower #labyrinth  Motherhood is a constantly evolving state of total joy, exhausted agony, superhuman strength, and very human failures. As soon as you celebrate that superhuman successful day, it is replaced with new challenges. And just when you think you can't go one more day, you get a day so magical you want to have ten more babies. I'm in the midst of one of those exhausted phases again but I keep trying to remind myself that it is this phase that makes the magical days shine brighter. In the wise words of Miley Cyrus (I'm actually serious): it's all about the climb.  We've got this mamas. (Tag a momma who needs to get cheesy and read the words to a Miley Cyrus song ) #battlefieldmotherhood _______________________________________________ I can almost see it. That dream I'm dreaming, But there's a voice inside my head saying, "You'll never reach it." Every step I'm takin' Every move I make feels lost with no direction, My faith is shakin' But I, I gotta keep tryin' Gotta keep my head held high There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb The struggles I'm facing The chances I'm taking Sometimes might knock me down, But no, I'm not breaking I may not know it, But these are the moments That I'm gonna remember most  Just gotta keep goin', And I, I gotta be strong Just keep pushing on, 'Cause... There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb.