• {My Wedding} The DIY + Paper Goods

Thanks for indulging me and letting me share my wedding with you all.  Because this blog is all about making your wedding YOU, I wanted to share the ways I did the same with my own wedding.  I had quite a few DIY projects that I did myself, and I also had the best maid of honor EVER who did all of my paper goods.  Here are some photos of and links to some of my wedding DIY projects (click the title to go to the full project):

{DIY Petal Cones}

And here are the paper goods made by my maid of honor Kate:

First she designed our monogram, which was on everything (it is how we “branded” our wedding), from our save the dates to our welcome bags, our invitation suite, and our drink stirs.

She designed our entire invitation suite, and we had them letterpress printed at Studio On Fire.

The lace belly bands are another DIY I did, which added a touch of vintage and alluded to my cream lace gown.

She designed the cupcake flags and drink stirs, and assembled them, and she even did special flags for a couple of guests’ birthdays.

She designed, printed, and FOLDED every single cootie catcher menu.
     She made all of our signs for the card table, guestbook, bathroom baskets, flip flop baskets, and the cupcake flavors sign.
    DIY + paper details | vintage california chic wedding of Oh Lovely Day | Photo by Jennifer RoperDIY + paper details | vintage california chic wedding of Oh Lovely Day | Photo by Jennifer Roper

If you like her design work, she has an etsy shop, Tilde Designs.  She has a little one like me so she doesn’t have a lot for sale right now, but she does take custom orders!  You can contact me to reach her as well.

So, what do you think of my DIY projects?  Did they inspire you to try to do one or a few for your own wedding?  Thanks again for letting me share.  xx

1. Posted Aug 31 at 8:12 am | Permalink

Great wedding branding! I love how you followed it all through, especially with the signs and the cootie catchers, cute idea!

2. Posted Aug 31 at 8:18 am | Permalink

So pretty! I love your colors and all the paper!

3. Posted Aug 31 at 10:01 am | Permalink

So wowed by all these cute DIY projects! Love the table numbers! You look beautiful by the way 🙂

4. Posted Aug 31 at 12:18 pm | Permalink

Such lovely details, Chandra 🙂 You outdid yourself!

xo, chrissy
      The Perfect Palette

5. Posted Aug 31 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

Love, love, love it, Chandra!!! Thank you for sharing :o)

6. Posted Aug 31 at 3:59 pm | Permalink

Now that’s truly a Maid of Honor! She did an AMAZING job!! I loved everything she did and she and you should be proud! SO lovely!

7. Posted Aug 31 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

So many things to love about your wedding! The lace on your invites is beautiful and the little flags for the cupcakes…simply adorable!

8. Posted Aug 31 at 7:10 pm | Permalink

One gorgeous detail after another! Lots of fab eye candy from your wedding 🙂 Thanks for sharing!!!

9. Posted Sep 1 at 4:30 am | Permalink

The attention to detail is amazing and so important!

10. Posted Sep 1 at 11:12 am | Permalink

OMG your wedding was so nice. I really like the table scape, colors and the graphics used throughout!

11. Posted Sep 2 at 4:06 pm | Permalink

Your whole wedding was gorgeous! Congrats!

I really loved the menus – they are so fun and playful. A real conversation starter.

I was hoping you would put up reviews of your vendors for us brides in SoCal too!

12. Posted Jan 5 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

was just going through your site and enjoyed all your details, colors and thought into it. do you mind sharing about your cd program detail … was thinking that would be nest as a welcome gift at my destination wedding thanks

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Memorial weekend'n ❤️ #quincyrhys  Happy 4 months my chubby bunny! It's crazy to think that 8 years ago today your pops asked me to marry him and now here you are already 4 months old. You are happy and smiling 90% of the time and still screamy 10% of the time. Much better, but your unpredictable screaminess still pops up at the times when I'm trying to get out of the house or eat, usually both at once. I can take a hint. You are 17 lbs and almost 26 inches - putting you in the 90th % for height and 80th for weight. Oh, and your head is in the 94th % - which I'm fine with since it was a nice slightly below average size when you were born. You are hilariously huge  Your daddy says if you keep growing like this people are going to start calling you Hodor You have rolled from belly to back a few times (a small miracle given your size and how little floor time you've been able to have due to your reflux), scoot yourself with your feet when laying on your back, have reached for and grabbed a toy, and are a chatterbox. You like music, like being held in sitting and standing positions, and really wanna eat your hands. You are a champion napper -- usually taking a 2-3 hr one in the morning and a good afternoon one as well. I can even put you down without soothing you to sleep first and you fall asleep on your own - something that your brothers didn't do until at least 6 months old. You're sleeping from around 7:30 pm - 7 am, waking around 3:30 for a snack (you're totally not hungry either, you just miss me). You're just the cutest with your fat rolls and cheek dimps and duck fluff hair and big gummy smiles and you have everyone of us completely smitten.  #quincysmonthbymonth
       Not gonna lie, it's been reeeeeaally nice having an almost empty house this week while the big boys are out of town and it's just Quincy and me. It's so peaceful and clean.  But when I get sent pictures like this of my boys with my cutie pie nephew Braxton, I start missing them something fierce and can't wait to see them tomorrow. #theadventuresofcharlieandcalvin #brothersandcousins #sooooooomanyboys  We didn't remember to take his 4 month photos today (we'll just pretend the 26th is tomorrow ) but we did manage a photo for #rednoseday. Don't forget to donate! @rednosedayusa ❣#doitforthekids