• {Behind the Veil} Jacin from Lovely Little Details

This lovely lady and I have a few things in common, including our love of mason jars and little wedding details.  She has a wonderful blog, Lovely Little Details, and also does event design and planning!  Please welcome the next wedding blogger bride in the Behind the Veil series, Jacin:

As a wedding blogger, what is your favorite part of other people’s weddings?

The details, of course. I love seeing how people incorporate their own personality in to their big day through the details, and bring their “theme” throughout the event. Oh, and the flowers. In my next life I am opening a flower shop that sells cupcakes and champagne.

What was your favorite part of your wedding?
    Hmmm….. My favorite part? That’s hard to narrow down!  I’d say having all of our friends and family together in one place. It was so amazing to have everyone there celebrating with us. I also loved taking pictures in my family’s hardware store – that was really fun.

What was the first piece of wedding planning you did (booked venue, bought dress, etc.)?
    The first thing I did, the week after we got engaged, was hop on a flight to Connecticut to scope out venues and book a date. We planned our entire wedding from California, so planning cross country was a bit crazy at times.

In your opinion, what is one vendor no wedding can be without?
    A good quality photography team.  In second place, I say everyone should save room for cinematography if they can make it work. It is so worth it.

In your opinion, what is one thing or vendor that you think brides can do without (or at least do sparingly)?
    I bought a pair of $1100 Christian Louboutin shoes. Which I promptly sold the second the wedding was over. I wanted to have pictures with those sexy red heels, but in the end, I only wore them for about an hour. I’m still glad I got the pictures, but if I did it again, I probably wouldn’t have spent the money on such an extravagant pair. So to answer your question, I think some of the attire doesn’t need to be splurged on. You can even get a gorgeous gown for a fraction of the cost if you look hard enough.

What was your favorite source of inspiration for your own wedding?
    Style Me Pretty is still my #1 go to for wedding inspiration.

Do you do an inspiration board?
    I sure did.  I did one for florals and one for the overall vision for our New England Shoreline Wedding 🙂

Your favorite wedding memory?
    My dad kept our father daughter song a surprise until the day of the wedding. When it came time for the song, I was so nervous about what it would be, but excited at the same time. He chose “lullabye” by Billy Joel, and sang the entire song as we danced. That was so special to me.

Your favorite wedding detail?
    The blue masons, which were my grandmother’s who had recently passed away. Masons have a special meaning to me because they remind me of my grandmother who taught me how to can jellies and pickles, so we had to incorporate them in to the big day somehow. Oh, I also loved our cake, it was awesome.

Were you a DIY bride?  If so, what did you DIY?
    Totally, everything was DIY except for the flowers. It was a homemade wedding, a labor of love.  I have tons of DIY posts on my blog from the big day!

Describe your wedding style.
    Laid back, New England, with a beachy feel.

If you could offer one piece of advice to planning brides, what would it be?
    Don’t get so caught up in the planning that you forget what your big day is really about. Work side by side with your groom to make decisions. Don’t spend a ton on chairs or chair covers – no one will notice them except you 🙂

How did you make your wedding YOU?
    I think we made the wedding very us by incorporating personalized touches everywhere, from custom table numbers made from wine corks (we love going to wine country on weekends) and using favorite places as table names, to having a huge conga line at the beginning of the night dancing to Harry Belafonte to honor my grandmother. Everything we did we put a lot of thought in to, and guests could tell, and appreciated it. It was just so much fun, and that was what we wanted it to be 🙂

And it just so happens that Jacin and her hubby celebrated their one year anniversary yesterday!  So please join me in expressing not only my thanks to Jacin for sharing, but also many many congrats!  To see lots more of Jacin’s fantastic wedding, go here.  All photos by Scobey Photography.

1. Posted Sep 26 at 6:42 am | Permalink

How fun to “see” Jacin here! LLD is one of my fav blogs 🙂 I appreciate her advice about not forgetting what the day is about . . . so true!

2. Posted Sep 26 at 7:05 am | Permalink

Such a beautiful wedding, Jacin! Haha, I actually thought really hard about buying a pair of Louboutins for my wedding, too! I always thought that if I was going to spend the money on them, it would be for my wedding. Ultimately, my beach venue made the decision for me, though!

3. Posted Sep 26 at 7:15 am | Permalink

I always love reading about/hearing from Jacin 🙂

4. Posted Sep 26 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

aw thank you so much for having me over here today!

5. Posted Sep 26 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

Jacin’s wedding was so beautiful I can’t get enough of seeing all the details again! Also happy 1 year anniversary!

6. Posted Sep 26 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

Jacin’s wedding was great and she’s definitely one of my favorite’s in the biz 🙂

xo, chrissy

•  You know what is a great motivator? Not wanting to be outdone by your big bro. Cause look who's pulling himself up, so he can keep up  #quincysmilestones #calvinandquincy #lawdhelpme #charlieandcalsroomredo  There were very few baby things I hadn't yet tried by the time I had Quincy but I hadn't really used a sling before. I got my first sling when I was still pregnant with Q and tried it with Calvin, but once Cal was walking he never wanted to be carried. He's far too busy for all that. So Quincy is the first baby I've used a sling with, and I feel like I really missed out with the other two. I had and loved other carriers with them (and still do) but there is just something about the sling that is magical and it is my carrier of choice right now. It is convenient (you can keep it threaded and just throw it on), it is cozy, it doesn't tightly wrap behind my back which always makes me sweaty, and I can nurse while Quincy is in it which has been a lifesaver. I'm actually nursing him in this photo! I'm sharing photos from our recent visit to the pumpkin patch and how I got to do all the things with my family while wearing Quincy in the sling because I didn't have to stay with him in the stroller or go find a place to nurse him. He chilled, ate, and napped in my sling. And because I love it so much I'm teaming up with @mywildbird to give one reader a sling of their choice! Head to my blog to enter (link in profile) and tell your friends  #OLDfavefinds #babywearing #mywildbird #giveaway #fredrickfamfallfun
       And just like that, summer is back  Take me back to the fall weather of two days ago! Also, take me back to when this kid slept past 5 am and took naps. For a week now, between 4:30-5:30 am this kid climbs up on our bed over top of me and proceeds to squrim, poke, and annoy me till I get up. Quincy's sleeping till 6 or later FINALLY and now Calvin is waking me up!? And he refused to nap today (again) too. Seriously you guys, he's killin' me. He looks real cute in rain gear but if he does it again tonight he's headed to toddler military school. #sotiredineedanewwordfortired #calvins3rdyear #battlefieldmotherhood  The look you get when your mom puts on some JT for your photoshoot. Hashtag: feeling it. Posted a little bts on stories/snap too. #quincysgotmovesliketimberlake #38weeks #quincysweekbyweek