• {It’s in the Details} Wedding Lawn Games

Who says lawn games are just meant for summer BBQ’s?  Lawn games are a really fun way to let your guests entertain themselves during your cocktail hour, or even your reception if you don’t mind that some of your guests won’t be on the dance floor.  And let’s face it, some of your guests won’t be on the dance floor anyways.

And lawn games aren’t just relegated to summer either.  They are actually perfect for fall weddings!  My personal favorite?  Bags, or as they’re called in the Midwest, cornhole.  My husband and I actually have a set of boards and bags, but I love the idea of a personalized set just for your wedding.  And if you aren’t into cornhole, you’ve got horseshoes, bocce, croquet, badminton…

{clockwise: 1, 2, 3, 4}

{all photos via here}

{clockwise: 1, 2, 3, 4}

What’s your favorite lawn game?  Would you have them at our wedding?

1. Posted Sep 27 at 6:42 am | Permalink

Nice! Cornhole is real popular in North Carolina (and the south) and personalized boards would be a great addition for any southern wedding!

2. Posted Sep 27 at 7:40 am | Permalink

A really great idea for a summer wedding – something to keep the little & big kids entertained!

3. Posted Sep 27 at 9:09 am | Permalink

Great ideas – so charming + fun for guests too!

xo, chrissy

4. Posted Sep 27 at 9:26 am | Permalink

Such cute ideas! I think lawn games are a really great way to break up the wedding day a bit!

5. Posted Sep 27 at 10:09 am | Permalink

I was just at a wedding this weekend that had corn hole boards! I love the idea of providing games for guests!

6. Posted Sep 27 at 11:06 am | Permalink

What a great idea love it!

7. Posted Sep 27 at 11:45 am | Permalink

Great idea! Super cute too!

8. Posted Sep 27 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

Hilarious! Never heard of cornhole – we don’t have that on this side of the pond. Love the idea of croquet on the lawn – little bit of fun to break the ice among the guests

9. Posted Sep 27 at 1:04 pm | Permalink

I love lawn games! Probably because I grew up in the South and have been to more tailgates with lawngames than without…and also because I think having them at any party, is an easy and fun way to entertain guests and have them socialize!

10. Posted Sep 27 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

i love this trend – we’ve done it with a few couples and it’s such a fun way to celebrate cocktail hour 🙂

11. Posted Sep 27 at 6:42 pm | Permalink

gotta love a good lawn game – great idea!

12. Posted Sep 28 at 2:35 pm | Permalink

Half way into planning my wedding I realized how much fun it would be to have a backyard affair complete with lots of fun lawn games. I just love how laid back and simple it is while at the same time being really intimate and fun. Maybe for a renewal ceremony…

13. Posted Jul 19 at 10:20 am | Permalink

Okay, I admit that this is super cute – just one question. It’s totally okay to switch into a ‘summery’ wedding dress once you’re going to the reception, right? If I do a wine tasting themed reception, I can totally do this later… right?

•  Three things: 1. You've got one day left to enter my @mywildbird sling giveaway, so head over to my blog (link in profile) and tag your friends. 2. I was featured on @loyal_hana blog as part of their motherhood series, so if you want to give it a read and hear about my typical (hot mess) day or how I (don't) balance work and mothering head to their profile to find the link to their site. I pretty much live in their nursing-friendly clothes and was honored to be featured. 3. Charlie took this picture (and basically directed me for the shot) and it makes me really really happy   Putting the finishing touches on the boys' bedroom and had to stop to admire the magic that the morning light and their @babyjives mobile was making. ✨☁️⭐️❤️✨#charlieandcalsroomredo
       Can a person be your happy place? Because I'm pretty certain that Quincy is mine ☺️✨ #quincyrhys #thatdimpletho  This week was a rough one. I feel like I say that every week but this one really was. Today alone had me at my breaking point. All three of my kids seemed hell bent on driving me crazy. Quincy literally wouldn't let me put him down or leave the room without a major scream-cry fest. He rode around on the fuss bus allllll day. Tropical storm Calvin left destruction in his wake everywhere he went (if you follow me on snap/stories you got a little sampling but that was nowhere near the extent of it). At one point I went into a room away from my kids and sat in a chair and cried. Within three minutes one of them found me (of course) gave me a hug, and we were all better (except Calvin -- I think this is his permanent state ). This photo is my version of thinking happy thoughts. Bougainvillea vibes ✌️️✨