• {Inspiration Board} All that Glitters is Gold

I’ve had this board waiting in the wings for a little while, and I thought you might need a little sparkle on this Monday morning.  I love doing shades of gold in layered glittery textures for a holiday table, winter wedding, or a New Year’s fete.

{palette} shades of glittery gold
    {inspiration} perfect for your New Year’s Eve or winter wedding.  Who wants their wedding to look like Christmas exploded all over it?  Unless you really REALLY love Christmas, probably no one. Want a chic way to make your holiday decor, table, or wedding gorgeous and unique?  Use lots and lots of layered glittery gold goodness.  Or do an all winter white palette with hints and touches of gold, like those glittery shoes or that gold sequin bolero.  When you use this warm color, you don’t need any others.  Although the gold pairs well with blush pink or mint green, or even a periwinkle or lavender, it is perfect all on its own!
    What do you think of this board?  Do you love glittery gold as much as I do?
    {sources, clockwise} cake, shoes, bolero, bouquet, table, gown, cake, necklaces, ballroom

1. Posted Oct 10 at 6:09 am | Permalink

gold and glittery are two of my favorite things. Eeep! Gorg!

2. Posted Oct 10 at 7:01 am | Permalink

I love things that sparkle! Especially on a Monday! The two cakes are amazing (especially the bottom one) and the bolero, I want that for everyday!

3. Posted Oct 10 at 9:38 am | Permalink

Love it! Gold is our accent color.

4. Posted Oct 10 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

Loving the shimmery sparkles! Puts me in a festive mood. Great way to start the week!

5. Posted Oct 10 at 2:31 pm | Permalink

GORGEOUS board. I agree with you that it would make a great concept for holiday decor!

6. Posted Oct 10 at 3:09 pm | Permalink

Beautiful!! I love that BHLDN dress!!

7. Posted Oct 11 at 2:07 am | Permalink

Love, love, love the sparkle! Me too @Kate – hadn’t seen the bhldn dress actually on someone before, love it!

8. Posted Oct 13 at 2:36 am | Permalink

I adore gold any day… but if it takes throwing a New Year’s party to get everyone to partake, well, so be it ;)

Stunning board, not too overdone. Love it. I am seriously adoring the “single bloom” thing going on there, although it isn’t. What a nifty “bouquet”! It’s whimsy like that that really makes the look, no?

9. Posted Mar 3 at 9:31 pm | Permalink

this is such a pretty palette for a new years wedding!

• follow oh lovely day on pinterest
    • Topics

Archives

• mens wearhouse
    • Sugarplum Lane Baby
    • Minted Wedding Stationery
    • Gilded Rentals

My Favorite Things

Shop For Your Honeymoon

Baby Must-Haves

• Our Wedding
    • Bloggers Wedding Advice
    • Lovely Ever After
    • oh lovely day on instagram
    •  The last 5 out of 7 mornings have started with a giant pee diaper explosion and tiny absorbant gel balls everywhere (today they made it past the diaper, pjs, and sleep sack). When you're trying to get the baby nursed and the preschooler ready for school, and you have to add a bath in the mix it's really not cool. Plus, so gross guys! I'm throwing a major stink-eye @pampers way right now and am researching a switch to cloth diapering. But look how happy Calvin is to get an unexpected bath treat - even if he is hungry. #calvinlovesthebath and I still love our @pujbaby tub, especially when we just need to do a quick bath like this morning. It's nice that one great product can help salvage a morning made hard because of one bad product.| UPDATE: I've tried going up a size - still happens and only makes even more gel mess b/c the diapers are bigger - and Honest diapers are great for us during the day but don't work for us overnight - they gave Calvin really bad diaper rash in the past. Haven't yet tried Huggies, 7th Gen or cloth. Thanks for the suggestions though! I should have mentioned that originally because I should have known all of you awesome mommas would have had lots of great suggestions. Pampers swaddlers always worked great when Charlie was a baby (though this happened occasionally) and based on all of your comments it sounds like there's a diaper that works for every baby!
       When a gift from @jcrew shows up at your door and it isn't something from their own store, this is definitely the next best thing! Thank you, thank you! Can't wait to eat them & peruse and share their new #jcrewbridal collection as well.
    • Wedding Paper Divas Save the Date Card Sale