• {Inspiration Board} All that Glitters is Gold

I’ve had this board waiting in the wings for a little while, and I thought you might need a little sparkle on this Monday morning.  I love doing shades of gold in layered glittery textures for a holiday table, winter wedding, or a New Year’s fete.

{palette} shades of glittery gold
    {inspiration} perfect for your New Year’s Eve or winter wedding.  Who wants their wedding to look like Christmas exploded all over it?  Unless you really REALLY love Christmas, probably no one. Want a chic way to make your holiday decor, table, or wedding gorgeous and unique?  Use lots and lots of layered glittery gold goodness.  Or do an all winter white palette with hints and touches of gold, like those glittery shoes or that gold sequin bolero.  When you use this warm color, you don’t need any others.  Although the gold pairs well with blush pink or mint green, or even a periwinkle or lavender, it is perfect all on its own!
    What do you think of this board?  Do you love glittery gold as much as I do?
    {sources, clockwise} cake, shoes, bolero, bouquet, table, gown, cake, necklaces, ballroom

1. Posted Oct 10 at 6:09 am | Permalink

gold and glittery are two of my favorite things. Eeep! Gorg!

2. Posted Oct 10 at 7:01 am | Permalink

I love things that sparkle! Especially on a Monday! The two cakes are amazing (especially the bottom one) and the bolero, I want that for everyday!

3. Posted Oct 10 at 9:38 am | Permalink

Love it! Gold is our accent color.

4. Posted Oct 10 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

Loving the shimmery sparkles! Puts me in a festive mood. Great way to start the week!

5. Posted Oct 10 at 2:31 pm | Permalink

GORGEOUS board. I agree with you that it would make a great concept for holiday decor!

6. Posted Oct 10 at 3:09 pm | Permalink

Beautiful!! I love that BHLDN dress!!

7. Posted Oct 11 at 2:07 am | Permalink

Love, love, love the sparkle! Me too @Kate – hadn’t seen the bhldn dress actually on someone before, love it!

8. Posted Oct 13 at 2:36 am | Permalink

I adore gold any day… but if it takes throwing a New Year’s party to get everyone to partake, well, so be it 😉

Stunning board, not too overdone. Love it. I am seriously adoring the “single bloom” thing going on there, although it isn’t. What a nifty “bouquet”! It’s whimsy like that that really makes the look, no?

9. Posted Mar 3 at 9:31 pm | Permalink

this is such a pretty palette for a new years wedding!

• Topics

• Minted Wedding Stationery

Fall Maternity Style

My Favorite Things

Shop For Your Honeymoon

Baby Must-Haves

Bridesmaids & Events

We're all fighting a major case of the post-vacay blues.
       We had the most amazing time on our family mini-vacation -- the most relaxing and enjoyable trip with our kids ever. We all needed it and made so many memories. A huge thank you to everyone at @theranchlb for the hospitality, gorgeous accommodations, delicious food, and above and beyond service. We are already planning a trip back! I highly recommend them and also taking a mini-trip if you have small children. Three days away really did feel like a vacation -- it was just long enough to enjoy ourselves and not so long we all got overtired and crabby. And only going 90 minutes away was so nice! We're already home, showered, unpacked, and the kiddos are fast asleep.  I'll be sharing our whole trip on the blog soon, but you can see highlights in the #fredricksinLaguna feed. #bucketlistbeforebabythree #thefredrickboys
    • Latest Pins on Pinterest