• {Inspiration Board} All that Glitters is Gold

I’ve had this board waiting in the wings for a little while, and I thought you might need a little sparkle on this Monday morning.  I love doing shades of gold in layered glittery textures for a holiday table, winter wedding, or a New Year’s fete.

{palette} shades of glittery gold
    {inspiration} perfect for your New Year’s Eve or winter wedding.  Who wants their wedding to look like Christmas exploded all over it?  Unless you really REALLY love Christmas, probably no one. Want a chic way to make your holiday decor, table, or wedding gorgeous and unique?  Use lots and lots of layered glittery gold goodness.  Or do an all winter white palette with hints and touches of gold, like those glittery shoes or that gold sequin bolero.  When you use this warm color, you don’t need any others.  Although the gold pairs well with blush pink or mint green, or even a periwinkle or lavender, it is perfect all on its own!
    What do you think of this board?  Do you love glittery gold as much as I do?
    {sources, clockwise} cake, shoes, bolero, bouquet, table, gown, cake, necklaces, ballroom

1. Posted Oct 10 at 6:09 am | Permalink

gold and glittery are two of my favorite things. Eeep! Gorg!

2. Posted Oct 10 at 7:01 am | Permalink

I love things that sparkle! Especially on a Monday! The two cakes are amazing (especially the bottom one) and the bolero, I want that for everyday!

3. Posted Oct 10 at 9:38 am | Permalink

Love it! Gold is our accent color.

4. Posted Oct 10 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

Loving the shimmery sparkles! Puts me in a festive mood. Great way to start the week!

5. Posted Oct 10 at 2:31 pm | Permalink

GORGEOUS board. I agree with you that it would make a great concept for holiday decor!

6. Posted Oct 10 at 3:09 pm | Permalink

Beautiful!! I love that BHLDN dress!!

7. Posted Oct 11 at 2:07 am | Permalink

Love, love, love the sparkle! Me too @Kate – hadn’t seen the bhldn dress actually on someone before, love it!

8. Posted Oct 13 at 2:36 am | Permalink

I adore gold any day… but if it takes throwing a New Year’s party to get everyone to partake, well, so be it 😉

Stunning board, not too overdone. Love it. I am seriously adoring the “single bloom” thing going on there, although it isn’t. What a nifty “bouquet”! It’s whimsy like that that really makes the look, no?

9. Posted Mar 3 at 9:31 pm | Permalink

this is such a pretty palette for a new years wedding!

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  One sick kid, one heat wave, one million ants in our laundry room... You win Monday. #wavingthewhiteflagtoday  Summer. Heat wave. Mandatory. #calvinsfirstcone #calvins2ndyear
       When your shades and your shirt are meant to be  #charlesdashiell  On weekends, we nurse, cuddle, and nap together and it is my favorite. With the other boys I was always trying to get stuff done while they were napping. Since this is my last baby, I'm trying to really soak up all the moments I can -- one day I'll have plenty of time to get stuff done. For now I'll just be a hot mess that made the most of this baby time. Whenever I get a bit anxious about not getting things done, I re-read my favorite poem about motherhood: Mother, oh mother, come shake out your cloth! Empty the dustpan, poison the moth, Hang out the washing and butter the bread, Sew on a button and make up a bed. Where is the mother whose house is so shocking? She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking! Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue (Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby, loo). Dishes are waiting and bills are past due (Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo). The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo. Look! Aren't her eyes the most wonderful hue? (Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo.) Oh, cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow, But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust, go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby. Babies don't keep. Song for a Fifth Child By Ruth Hulburt Hamilton #battlefieldmotherhood #mommaandquincyselfies