• {Inspiration Board} All that Glitters is Gold

I’ve had this board waiting in the wings for a little while, and I thought you might need a little sparkle on this Monday morning.  I love doing shades of gold in layered glittery textures for a holiday table, winter wedding, or a New Year’s fete.

{palette} shades of glittery gold
    {inspiration} perfect for your New Year’s Eve or winter wedding.  Who wants their wedding to look like Christmas exploded all over it?  Unless you really REALLY love Christmas, probably no one. Want a chic way to make your holiday decor, table, or wedding gorgeous and unique?  Use lots and lots of layered glittery gold goodness.  Or do an all winter white palette with hints and touches of gold, like those glittery shoes or that gold sequin bolero.  When you use this warm color, you don’t need any others.  Although the gold pairs well with blush pink or mint green, or even a periwinkle or lavender, it is perfect all on its own!
    What do you think of this board?  Do you love glittery gold as much as I do?
    {sources, clockwise} cake, shoes, bolero, bouquet, table, gown, cake, necklaces, ballroom

1. Posted Oct 10 at 6:09 am | Permalink

gold and glittery are two of my favorite things. Eeep! Gorg!

2. Posted Oct 10 at 7:01 am | Permalink

I love things that sparkle! Especially on a Monday! The two cakes are amazing (especially the bottom one) and the bolero, I want that for everyday!

3. Posted Oct 10 at 9:38 am | Permalink

Love it! Gold is our accent color.

4. Posted Oct 10 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

Loving the shimmery sparkles! Puts me in a festive mood. Great way to start the week!

5. Posted Oct 10 at 2:31 pm | Permalink

GORGEOUS board. I agree with you that it would make a great concept for holiday decor!

6. Posted Oct 10 at 3:09 pm | Permalink

Beautiful!! I love that BHLDN dress!!

7. Posted Oct 11 at 2:07 am | Permalink

Love, love, love the sparkle! Me too @Kate – hadn’t seen the bhldn dress actually on someone before, love it!

8. Posted Oct 13 at 2:36 am | Permalink

I adore gold any day… but if it takes throwing a New Year’s party to get everyone to partake, well, so be it 😉

Stunning board, not too overdone. Love it. I am seriously adoring the “single bloom” thing going on there, although it isn’t. What a nifty “bouquet”! It’s whimsy like that that really makes the look, no?

9. Posted Mar 3 at 9:31 pm | Permalink

this is such a pretty palette for a new years wedding!

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Sunday morning mood. It's how getting tossed in the air by your pops (if you're Calvin) or 8 straight hours of sleep (if you are me) will make ya feel  #calvins3rdyear  7 months old today, but momma won't be taking your 7 month photo today (probably not tomorrow either) because I'm so tired from your sleeping more like a 7 week old than a 7 month old. Did you not get the 3rd baby memo? If you don't give me more sleep soon I'm going to pull a Lindsay Lohan and check myself into a nice facility due to my "exhaustion" (except in my case it really will be exhaustion). Then who will you wake up all night, huh? So can you try and just wake me up once a night? Instead of 3? Deal? DEAL!!!? #seriouslysotired #quincyrhys
       Apparently you wanted to sleep in your own room as well, because last night your brothers bunked up and you got the nursery all to yourself and slept like a champ. 7:30-3:30, quick feeding, then up at 6:30. Which means I got my first real night's sleep in 7 months. Encore encore!!!  #quincyrhys #quincysmilestones  I can hardly believe Quincy was ever this tiny. And now he's 7 months tomorrow. Since we are out of the infant baby gear/clothing phase, I'm selling it all at a deep discount now at @ohlovelydaysale (including this playmat!) and more this weekend if you are local. See the flyer a few posts back and head to my sale feed. Tag your expecting friends or the mom's of new babes that are in So Cal! #OLDsamplesale