• {Inspiration Board} All that Glitters is Gold

I’ve had this board waiting in the wings for a little while, and I thought you might need a little sparkle on this Monday morning.  I love doing shades of gold in layered glittery textures for a holiday table, winter wedding, or a New Year’s fete.

{palette} shades of glittery gold
    {inspiration} perfect for your New Year’s Eve or winter wedding.  Who wants their wedding to look like Christmas exploded all over it?  Unless you really REALLY love Christmas, probably no one. Want a chic way to make your holiday decor, table, or wedding gorgeous and unique?  Use lots and lots of layered glittery gold goodness.  Or do an all winter white palette with hints and touches of gold, like those glittery shoes or that gold sequin bolero.  When you use this warm color, you don’t need any others.  Although the gold pairs well with blush pink or mint green, or even a periwinkle or lavender, it is perfect all on its own!
    What do you think of this board?  Do you love glittery gold as much as I do?
    {sources, clockwise} cake, shoes, bolero, bouquet, table, gown, cake, necklaces, ballroom

1. Posted Oct 10 at 6:09 am | Permalink

gold and glittery are two of my favorite things. Eeep! Gorg!

2. Posted Oct 10 at 7:01 am | Permalink

I love things that sparkle! Especially on a Monday! The two cakes are amazing (especially the bottom one) and the bolero, I want that for everyday!

3. Posted Oct 10 at 9:38 am | Permalink

Love it! Gold is our accent color.

4. Posted Oct 10 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

Loving the shimmery sparkles! Puts me in a festive mood. Great way to start the week!

5. Posted Oct 10 at 2:31 pm | Permalink

GORGEOUS board. I agree with you that it would make a great concept for holiday decor!

6. Posted Oct 10 at 3:09 pm | Permalink

Beautiful!! I love that BHLDN dress!!

7. Posted Oct 11 at 2:07 am | Permalink

Love, love, love the sparkle! Me too @Kate – hadn’t seen the bhldn dress actually on someone before, love it!

8. Posted Oct 13 at 2:36 am | Permalink

I adore gold any day… but if it takes throwing a New Year’s party to get everyone to partake, well, so be it 😉

Stunning board, not too overdone. Love it. I am seriously adoring the “single bloom” thing going on there, although it isn’t. What a nifty “bouquet”! It’s whimsy like that that really makes the look, no?

9. Posted Mar 3 at 9:31 pm | Permalink

this is such a pretty palette for a new years wedding!

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  I am selling some of my favorite summer dresses (some have never been worn like this one!) over at @ohlovelydaysale around 7pm PST. All are are new or EUC, size small or medium, and are from anthro, j.crew, topshop, and a couple of indie shops. Head on over, check out the rules, shipping info, etc. First email address gets in, if they don't pay within 24 hours it goes to the backup. Also, anything listed there now is still available.  Yesterday I was super productive (you can see over on snapchat -> chandrafredrick) because I got a great night's sleep. Last night I wasn't so lucky. So let's just look at this photo of some of what I accomplished yesterday to distract from the fact that today I plan on being a slug
       In the last week we conquered a long walk in the stroller, a birthday party in the Ergo, moved you into your bassinet, and had an amazing night of sleep. You started reaching for things, and (based on a ridiculous number of blow outs) grew out of size 2 diapers. And you almost never stopped smiling. #14weeks #quincysweekbyweek #quincyrhys  Can we talk for a sec about how obsessed I am with this illuminating @zacposen gown that Claire Danes wore to the Met Gala? It's like Cinderella meets celestial. ✨ (I showed my husband and he said "and you met Zac Posen!" Thanks babe ) #metgala2016 #zacposen #clairedanes #bestdressed