• Five Very Different Winter Wedding Florals Ideas

If you’re a winter bride, you know your florals depend on what is in season.  You aren’t likely to get peonies, but you do have some fabulous choices that really showcase what a winter wedding is all about.  Here are five of my favorite looks:

{berries + branches}
    {cotton + wood}
     {pine + texture}
     {evergreen + citrus}

{veggies: artichoke, thistle, ornamental cabbage + kale}
    {bouquets and photos by green wedding shoes}

So what do you think?  If I were to have a winter wedding, I think I’m the veggie bride – I’ve always loved ornamental cabbage and kale as florals and that blue thistle is amazing.  But that cotton is also really cool, and I love pine and evergreen.  So torn!  Which is your winter floral style?

1. Posted Dec 15 at 6:30 am | Permalink

The second row is lovely.

2. Posted Dec 15 at 10:43 am | Permalink

Love the cotton & wood one!

3. Posted Dec 15 at 12:43 pm | Permalink

The evergreen & citrus gets my vote! But I didn’t do anything wintery for my January wedding- just classic white calla lilies.

4. Posted Dec 15 at 1:16 pm | Permalink

Ooh, love the evergreen & citrus!

5. Posted Dec 15 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

Ohh cotton and wood please :) So gorgeous!

6. Posted Dec 16 at 3:33 am | Permalink

Yes to the cotton.

7. Posted Mar 19 at 2:42 am | Permalink

Hmm,that is quite interesting! Really unsual,but why not. I like pine + texture,makes me think about holidays.Thank you!

• follow oh lovely day on pinterest
    • Topics

Archives

• mens wearhouse
    • Minted Wedding Stationery
    • Gilded Rentals

My Favorite Things

Shop For Your Honeymoon

Baby Must-Haves

Bridesmaids & Events

• Our Wedding
    • Bloggers Wedding Advice
    • Lovely Ever After

Even though this guy was up at 5 am (oy!) I am working hard trying to get a Mother's Day gift guide + giveaway ready to go live this week. It's a really good one full of all of my favorite things (this photo is a major hint at one of the prizes) so I'm taking volunteers to come hold this teething baby so I can work. Any takers??? (Mostly kidding...) | And yes, you could win one of these custom silhouettes (or something else from @palomasnest if you prefer). Look at that rendition of Calvin: his facial features, his curl, his no-neck, his puffy baby chest, and his little neck fat roll. It is him to a T ❤️ #OLDgoodiesguide #OLDlovesmoms
       What I would have given to have a @zac_posen bridal gown back when I was shopping for my wedding dress! I just got to see his new bridal collection at @davidsbridal and it is beyond fab. Classic with an edge, modern twists on traditional bridal styles, in silhouettes that make all women look good, and made for the everygirl's budget too. I'm crossing my fingers for a red carpet event soon so I can wear one of his special event gowns. I'm going to share more on the blog this week so stay tuned. And the gentleman behind the gowns was just as lovely as his designs.
    • Latest Pins on Pinterest