• {Inspiration Board} A Modern Neon Wedding

{palette} neons + neutrals
    {inspiration} If you’re a modern girl or a color-lover, this board’s for you.  Neon is going to be big 2012, and there are lots of ways you can incorporate it in your wedding.  Loving that dip dyed flatware and the neon invitation.  If you don’t like an all-neon palette, just use little touches of it complemented with a neutral color.  It is vibrant, fun, and perfect for spring & summer!
    After I already made this board, I found this photo, which I had to include in this post:
    So what do you think of neon?  Love it or not a fan?  How would you use it?
    {board photo credits: concept by Vane Broussard of Brooklyn Bride & Jenny Ebert photographed the photos at top left (cake) and bottom right (table setting) via Design Sponge, dress by Christian Siriano via Style.com, decor photo from Simplemente branco & Pinga Amor via Somewhere Splendid, eyeliner via vanity gossip, wedding invitation by Ladyfingers Letterpress via Oh So Beautiful Paper, flatware via Note to Sarah, neon twine DIY by A Girl Who Makes, flowers by Sania Pell}

1. Posted Jan 23 at 8:50 am | Permalink

I don’t think I would ever use neon but I’d love to see a neon wedding. I love that neon wedding invitations!

2. Posted Jan 23 at 9:37 am | Permalink

Neon can be super fun! Love this.

3. Posted Jan 23 at 11:34 am | Permalink

neon isn’t quite my thing – but I do think it’s perfect for bridal showers, especially if in a garden in the summer. I’m loving that cake and invitation you found.

4. Posted Jan 23 at 11:56 am | Permalink

LOVE the neon touches! There are definitely ways to do neon right without overdoing it. My favorite is flatware

5. Posted Jan 23 at 2:47 pm | Permalink

I love the flatware in neon and those letter pressed invites! So fun and quirky!:)

6. Posted Jan 23 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

Love that neon is hitting this wedding season!! This board is so fun!

7. Posted Jan 23 at 9:25 pm | Permalink

Oooooo how FUN is this?!?! Love it for a modern wedding!!

8. Posted Jan 23 at 10:26 pm | Permalink

i think with the right spunky fun bride this could be great!

9. Posted Jan 27 at 3:01 am | Permalink

Loving the neon explosion we’ve been seeing lately.

10. Posted Jan 27 at 8:07 am | Permalink

I love how happy and bright these neon colors are! Very fun and festive!

11. Posted Feb 28 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

This made my day! LOVE these colors! 🙂

12. Posted Feb 28 at 3:04 pm | Permalink

omigAAAAAHHHHHH i am a lover of neon anything. used in small amounts, on neutral backgrounds, just makes it absolutely KILLER. love the collage! and as always, love your taste lady!

13. Posted Jul 19 at 2:43 am | Permalink

Lovely post! I love the table decoration, it is so fun and colorful. Thanks for sharing!

14. Posted May 11 at 5:23 pm | Permalink

Wow, this is something that you don’t see every day 🙂

I would like to see more photos because it looks amazing when you mix those colors up

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  On weekends, we nurse, cuddle, and nap together and it is my favorite. With the other boys I was always trying to get stuff done while they were napping. Since this is my last baby, I'm trying to really soak up all the moments I can -- one day I'll have plenty of time to get stuff done. For now I'll just be a hot mess that made the most of this baby time. Whenever I get a bit anxious about not getting things done, I re-read my favorite poem about motherhood: Mother, oh mother, come shake out your cloth! Empty the dustpan, poison the moth, Hang out the washing and butter the bread, Sew on a button and make up a bed. Where is the mother whose house is so shocking? She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking! Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue (Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby, loo). Dishes are waiting and bills are past due (Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo). The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo. Look! Aren't her eyes the most wonderful hue? (Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo.) Oh, cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow, But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust, go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby. Babies don't keep. Song for a Fifth Child By Ruth Hulburt Hamilton #battlefieldmotherhood #mommaandquincyselfies  Saturday mornings are about bros, basketball and babywearing. Side note: loving the ring sling for babywearing in this heatwave. It's the least hot of all of my babywearing options. #mywildbird #babywearing #quincyrhys #OLDsfavefinds
       This is the sky over LA right now. Apocalyptic, filter free and full of smoke  Stay safe and indoors  #sandfire #losangeles  Picking up Charlie just got a whole lot easier for me (and a whole lot pokey-er for Quincy ) thanks to our new @uppababy G-Link  #thefredrickboys