• {Inspiration Board} A Modern Neon Wedding

{palette} neons + neutrals
    {inspiration} If you’re a modern girl or a color-lover, this board’s for you.  Neon is going to be big 2012, and there are lots of ways you can incorporate it in your wedding.  Loving that dip dyed flatware and the neon invitation.  If you don’t like an all-neon palette, just use little touches of it complemented with a neutral color.  It is vibrant, fun, and perfect for spring & summer!
    After I already made this board, I found this photo, which I had to include in this post:
    So what do you think of neon?  Love it or not a fan?  How would you use it?
    {board photo credits: concept by Vane Broussard of Brooklyn Bride & Jenny Ebert photographed the photos at top left (cake) and bottom right (table setting) via Design Sponge, dress by Christian Siriano via Style.com, decor photo from Simplemente branco & Pinga Amor via Somewhere Splendid, eyeliner via vanity gossip, wedding invitation by Ladyfingers Letterpress via Oh So Beautiful Paper, flatware via Note to Sarah, neon twine DIY by A Girl Who Makes, flowers by Sania Pell}

1. Posted Jan 23 at 8:50 am | Permalink

I don’t think I would ever use neon but I’d love to see a neon wedding. I love that neon wedding invitations!

2. Posted Jan 23 at 9:37 am | Permalink

Neon can be super fun! Love this.

3. Posted Jan 23 at 11:34 am | Permalink

neon isn’t quite my thing – but I do think it’s perfect for bridal showers, especially if in a garden in the summer. I’m loving that cake and invitation you found.

4. Posted Jan 23 at 11:56 am | Permalink

LOVE the neon touches! There are definitely ways to do neon right without overdoing it. My favorite is flatware

5. Posted Jan 23 at 2:47 pm | Permalink

I love the flatware in neon and those letter pressed invites! So fun and quirky!:)

6. Posted Jan 23 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

Love that neon is hitting this wedding season!! This board is so fun!

7. Posted Jan 23 at 9:25 pm | Permalink

Oooooo how FUN is this?!?! Love it for a modern wedding!!

8. Posted Jan 23 at 10:26 pm | Permalink

i think with the right spunky fun bride this could be great!

9. Posted Jan 27 at 3:01 am | Permalink

Loving the neon explosion we’ve been seeing lately.

10. Posted Jan 27 at 8:07 am | Permalink

I love how happy and bright these neon colors are! Very fun and festive!

11. Posted Feb 28 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

This made my day! LOVE these colors! 🙂

12. Posted Feb 28 at 3:04 pm | Permalink

omigAAAAAHHHHHH i am a lover of neon anything. used in small amounts, on neutral backgrounds, just makes it absolutely KILLER. love the collage! and as always, love your taste lady!

13. Posted Jul 19 at 2:43 am | Permalink

Lovely post! I love the table decoration, it is so fun and colorful. Thanks for sharing!

14. Posted May 11 at 5:23 pm | Permalink

Wow, this is something that you don’t see every day 🙂

I would like to see more photos because it looks amazing when you mix those colors up

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Happy 4 months my chubby bunny! It's crazy to think that 8 years ago today your pops asked me to marry him and now here you are already 4 months old. You are happy and smiling 90% of the time and still screamy 10% of the time. Much better, but your unpredictable screaminess still pops up at the times when I'm trying to get out of the house or eat, usually both at once. I can take a hint. You are 17 lbs and almost 26 inches - putting you in the 90th % for height and 80th for weight. Oh, and your head is in the 94th % - which I'm fine with since it was a nice slightly below average size when you were born. You are hilariously huge  Your daddy says if you keep growing like this people are going to start calling you Hodor You have rolled from belly to back a few times (a small miracle given your size and how little floor time you've been able to have due to your reflux), scoot yourself with your feet when laying on your back, have reached for and grabbed a toy, and are a chatterbox. You like music, like being held in sitting and standing positions, and really wanna eat your hands. You are a champion napper -- usually taking a 2-3 hr one in the morning and a good afternoon one as well. I can even put you down without soothing you to sleep first and you fall asleep on your own - something that your brothers didn't do until at least 6 months old. You're sleeping from around 7:30 pm - 7 am, waking around 3:30 for a snack (you're totally not hungry either, you just miss me). You're just the cutest with your fat rolls and cheek dimps and duck fluff hair and big gummy smiles and you have everyone of us completely smitten.  #quincysmonthbymonth  We didn't remember to take his 4 month photos today (we'll just pretend the 26th is tomorrow ) but we did manage a photo for #rednoseday. Don't forget to donate! @rednosedayusa ❣#doitforthekids
       Temporary post: I'm looking for the cutest non tacky apparel for moms and littles for 4th of July themed blog post. If you have something super cute and available online, shoot me an email to chandra@ohlovelyday.com with subject line "July 4th apparel" and a photo (flat lay preferable but on model ok) at least 600 pixels wide, price, and link to item. I'll choose a variety of my favorite 15 and will email you if yours was chosen. And tag a shop if you have seen something cute that I should check out. TIA (these cute swim shorts are by @trendybubs btw )  Talking about embracing our postpartum bodies on the blog today with photos from my shoot with @sollybabywrap when I was 10 days postpartum. Let's start a movement of embracing our real postpartum mom bods - haven't we earned it after pregnancy, labor, delivery, sleep deprivation, nursing, and everything else we put our bodies through? Head to the blog to read my thoughts on the subject - link in profile or ohlovelyday.com. And share your own postpartum photos proudly with #embraceyourmombod #battlefieldmotherhood  @maxwanger #quincyrhys #sollybaby