• {Real Wedding} Georgia & Brian: Intimate and Lovely DIY Wedding

This wedding was DIY (including the florals!) from head to toe, if a wedding has a head and a toe.  And it proves that rain doesn’t ruin your wedding day.  In fact, it could make it better!  Pretty pink peonies, a pink and purple palette, sparkly Toms, fantastic vintage elements, mismatched bridesmaids, mason jar beverage glasses, the bride’s cardigan…I just love so many things about this wedding.  LOVE LOVE LOVE!

From the very talented photographer, Athena Blude’ Photography:

It ended up lightly raining, but the bride was determined to not move their outdoor ceremony where guests met at a farm, walked through suspended doors and sat on haystacks. It was an incredibly intimate and touching ceremony with only family in attendance. Afterwards, the reception was moved to a quaint club, where every piece of square footage was decorated with thoughtful and creative DIY details. All of which, the bride and groom had help with from their immediate family. It was such sweet and lovely wedding full of inspiration.

This wedding makes me wish it had rained for my wedding.  How nuts is that?  THAT is how much I love this wedding.  Props and congrats to the happy couple!

{Vendors} Photographer:  Athena Bludé Photography via Two Bright LightsMakeup Artist:  Andrea Marano / Bakery:  The Sweet Spot / Event Venue:  The Washington Club

1. Posted Feb 15 at 9:19 am | Permalink

Oh so pretty! My favorite detail is the silver sparkle Toms :-)

2. Posted Feb 15 at 9:44 am | Permalink

So honored + excited to have my work featured on your blog. Thank you for the post! xo

3. Posted Feb 15 at 10:11 am | Permalink

Absolutely lovely!!! Good for you.

4. Posted Feb 15 at 12:52 pm | Permalink

my gosh what cool details–where WAS that?!

5. Posted Feb 15 at 3:46 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous, this wedding is right up my style alley.

6. Posted Feb 15 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

love all the details in this wedding and the bride’s style is priceless.

7. Posted Feb 15 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

Athena, you did such a great job!! Thank you for the Makeup credit! What a cool wedding to photograph!

8. Posted Feb 15 at 6:04 pm | Permalink

the wedding is perfect. love it

9. Posted Feb 16 at 9:51 am | Permalink

I HAVE to ask where the dress is from. It is beautiful!!

10. Posted Feb 17 at 5:18 am | Permalink

This is gorgeous, I love it!

11. Posted Feb 19 at 5:35 am | Permalink

A wedding that includes a reading from Dr. Seuss has got to be FUN!!!

• follow oh lovely day on pinterest
    • Topics

Archives

• mens wearhouse
    • Minted Wedding Stationery
    • Gilded Rentals

My Favorite Things

Shop For Your Honeymoon

Baby Must-Haves

Bridesmaids & Events

• Our Wedding
    • Bloggers Wedding Advice
    • Lovely Ever After

Walking his catwalk, back and forth and back and forth, all the live long day. #calvins2ndyear
       This is Ella the Great, one of Charlie's good buddies and the daughter of a dear friend. Ella is 4 1/2 and was diagnosed on February 23rd with a Hepatoblatoma (liver) tumor that had metastasized to her lung. What followed was surgery to biopsy the tumor and a chest port implantation, chemotherapy, major surgery to remove the tumors, then more and more chemotherapy. Each round of chemo brought more challenges and more hospital stays. She and her family have braved each of these with such spirit and strength. It is beyond inspirational. It puts things into perspective. Ella is starting her last cycle of chemo today after low counts and complications kept pushing it back. With her momma's permission I wanted to share this today because I think we could all use a little perspective and I think she could use as much love, light, good thoughts, prayers, positivity, and whatever else you believe in or do, and whatever else you can send her way. All Ella wants is to be done with this and go to Hawaii with her family to celebrate. She is a #warriorprincess and she inspires me every single day. Go Ella!!!!  // if anyone wants to send any love directly to Ella, email me at chandra@ohlovelyday.com
    • Latest Pins on Pinterest