{Real Wedding} Georgia & Brian: Intimate and Lovely DIY Wedding

This wedding was DIY (including the florals!) from head to toe, if a wedding has a head and a toe.  And it proves that rain doesn’t ruin your wedding day.  In fact, it could make it better!  Pretty pink peonies, a pink and purple palette, sparkly Toms, fantastic vintage elements, mismatched bridesmaids, mason jar beverage glasses, the bride’s cardigan…I just love so many things about this wedding.  LOVE LOVE LOVE!

From the very talented photographer, Athena Blude’ Photography:

It ended up lightly raining, but the bride was determined to not move their outdoor ceremony where guests met at a farm, walked through suspended doors and sat on haystacks. It was an incredibly intimate and touching ceremony with only family in attendance. Afterwards, the reception was moved to a quaint club, where every piece of square footage was decorated with thoughtful and creative DIY details. All of which, the bride and groom had help with from their immediate family. It was such sweet and lovely wedding full of inspiration.

This wedding makes me wish it had rained for my wedding.  How nuts is that?  THAT is how much I love this wedding.  Props and congrats to the happy couple!

{Vendors} Photographer:  Athena Bludé Photography via Two Bright LightsMakeup Artist:  Andrea Marano / Bakery:  The Sweet Spot / Event Venue:  The Washington Club

1. Posted Feb 15 at 9:19 am | Permalink

Oh so pretty! My favorite detail is the silver sparkle Toms 🙂

2. Posted Feb 15 at 9:44 am | Permalink

So honored + excited to have my work featured on your blog. Thank you for the post! xo

3. Posted Feb 15 at 10:11 am | Permalink

Absolutely lovely!!! Good for you.

4. Posted Feb 15 at 12:52 pm | Permalink

my gosh what cool details–where WAS that?!

5. Posted Feb 15 at 3:46 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous, this wedding is right up my style alley.

6. Posted Feb 15 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

love all the details in this wedding and the bride’s style is priceless.

7. Posted Feb 15 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

Athena, you did such a great job!! Thank you for the Makeup credit! What a cool wedding to photograph!

8. Posted Feb 15 at 6:04 pm | Permalink

the wedding is perfect. love it

9. Posted Feb 16 at 9:51 am | Permalink

I HAVE to ask where the dress is from. It is beautiful!!

10. Posted Feb 17 at 5:18 am | Permalink

This is gorgeous, I love it!

11. Posted Feb 19 at 5:35 am | Permalink

A wedding that includes a reading from Dr. Seuss has got to be FUN!!!

•  Each one of my kids teaches me different things in different ways. Today this one taught me that two tantrums and a skipped nap do not a bad day make. Because despite his seriously trying my patience today we actually had a pretty good one. And his smiles are just the best ❤️ / Alternative caption: I want his bangs  #mommacalvinselfies #calvins3rdyear #battlefieldmotherhood  It's like the mothership calling him home. #littleboywindowshopping #calvins3rdyear (more on stories & snap)
     When it's hotter than blazes you wear your most tropical outfit  #quincysweekbyweek #35weeks  You've had quite a milestone month from 7-8 months. You're scooting (with some speed), crawling, sitting up on your own, and sleeping through the night (with one feeding around 4:30-5) pretty consistently. You totally want to mix it up with your brothers -- sometimes I think you are trying to jump out of my lap to get to them. You and Charlie have the sweetest relationship and you and Cal are best bros. They are both so loving towards you and patient when you pull their hair or grab the toy they have. I wish they were that patient with each other  They both watch out for you, retrieve things you drop, laugh when you're doing silly things like shaking your head like crazy, and are always looking for you. You're eating solids three times a day, still love to nurse, still have no teeth, are constantly babbling (dadadada is common), and are amazingly strong. You are 21.5 lbs (75th %) and are 90th % for height. And you still don't like me out of your sight -- all the heart eyes for momma and I love it. You're quite a flirt with everyone though but aren't loving when men get too close or talk to you too much. Except for daddy -- you're a big fan of him. You went from being my hardest baby to my easiest of the three right now. Thanks for the reprieve. Your happiness is infectious and each dimpled smile you give brightens everyone's day. Happy 8 months buddy. Love you times a million. #quincysmonthbymonth