• {Real Wedding} Georgia & Brian: Intimate and Lovely DIY Wedding

This wedding was DIY (including the florals!) from head to toe, if a wedding has a head and a toe.  And it proves that rain doesn’t ruin your wedding day.  In fact, it could make it better!  Pretty pink peonies, a pink and purple palette, sparkly Toms, fantastic vintage elements, mismatched bridesmaids, mason jar beverage glasses, the bride’s cardigan…I just love so many things about this wedding.  LOVE LOVE LOVE!

From the very talented photographer, Athena Blude’ Photography:

It ended up lightly raining, but the bride was determined to not move their outdoor ceremony where guests met at a farm, walked through suspended doors and sat on haystacks. It was an incredibly intimate and touching ceremony with only family in attendance. Afterwards, the reception was moved to a quaint club, where every piece of square footage was decorated with thoughtful and creative DIY details. All of which, the bride and groom had help with from their immediate family. It was such sweet and lovely wedding full of inspiration.

This wedding makes me wish it had rained for my wedding.  How nuts is that?  THAT is how much I love this wedding.  Props and congrats to the happy couple!

{Vendors} Photographer:  Athena Bludé Photography via Two Bright LightsMakeup Artist:  Andrea Marano / Bakery:  The Sweet Spot / Event Venue:  The Washington Club

1. Posted Feb 15 at 9:19 am | Permalink

Oh so pretty! My favorite detail is the silver sparkle Toms 🙂

2. Posted Feb 15 at 9:44 am | Permalink

So honored + excited to have my work featured on your blog. Thank you for the post! xo

3. Posted Feb 15 at 10:11 am | Permalink

Absolutely lovely!!! Good for you.

4. Posted Feb 15 at 12:52 pm | Permalink

my gosh what cool details–where WAS that?!

5. Posted Feb 15 at 3:46 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous, this wedding is right up my style alley.

6. Posted Feb 15 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

love all the details in this wedding and the bride’s style is priceless.

7. Posted Feb 15 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

Athena, you did such a great job!! Thank you for the Makeup credit! What a cool wedding to photograph!

8. Posted Feb 15 at 6:04 pm | Permalink

the wedding is perfect. love it

9. Posted Feb 16 at 9:51 am | Permalink

I HAVE to ask where the dress is from. It is beautiful!!

10. Posted Feb 17 at 5:18 am | Permalink

This is gorgeous, I love it!

11. Posted Feb 19 at 5:35 am | Permalink

A wedding that includes a reading from Dr. Seuss has got to be FUN!!!

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  I think you've gotta delete "takes direction well" from your résumé Quincy. #becauseheshappy #quincyrhys  Happy 5 months (and 2 days) my happy happy boy. This last month has been such a turnaround. You pretty much look like this allllll the time. You are such a happy little love and when you smile you light up. And you have these dimples  You are a chubby 18 lbs, are rolling and razzing and squawking. You are grabbing your feet and putting everything in your mouth. You pretty much go with the flow these days. The only time you aren't happy is when you want attention. You are really ticklish under your chin and laugh big belly laughs. You love both of your brothers' attention, and handle Calvin's craziness pretty well. You like when I sing to you. We go on adventures now. You still aren't completely sleeping through the night, but one wake up isn't bad and you transitioned from a swaddle to sleepsack and into your bassinet like a champ. You're my best napper. And you are just such a joy. I'm kind of obsessed with you Q. And considering how we started, that's really saying something  #quincysmonthbymonth #quincyrhys
       You don't have to say what you did. I already know... #crymeariver #calvinandquincy  It seems like only yesterday I was bringing Charlie here at this age (there's even a video of Charlie wearing this exact shirt there in the #charlielovestheyellownoodles feed!) And now #calvinlovestheyellownoodles too. I'm gonna blink and Quincy will be doing the same thing. They grow up way too fast -- I'm so grateful to have this time with them. #thesearethedays #calvins2ndyear