• {Real Wedding} Georgia & Brian: Intimate and Lovely DIY Wedding

This wedding was DIY (including the florals!) from head to toe, if a wedding has a head and a toe.  And it proves that rain doesn’t ruin your wedding day.  In fact, it could make it better!  Pretty pink peonies, a pink and purple palette, sparkly Toms, fantastic vintage elements, mismatched bridesmaids, mason jar beverage glasses, the bride’s cardigan…I just love so many things about this wedding.  LOVE LOVE LOVE!

From the very talented photographer, Athena Blude’ Photography:

It ended up lightly raining, but the bride was determined to not move their outdoor ceremony where guests met at a farm, walked through suspended doors and sat on haystacks. It was an incredibly intimate and touching ceremony with only family in attendance. Afterwards, the reception was moved to a quaint club, where every piece of square footage was decorated with thoughtful and creative DIY details. All of which, the bride and groom had help with from their immediate family. It was such sweet and lovely wedding full of inspiration.

This wedding makes me wish it had rained for my wedding.  How nuts is that?  THAT is how much I love this wedding.  Props and congrats to the happy couple!

{Vendors} Photographer:  Athena Bludé Photography via Two Bright LightsMakeup Artist:  Andrea Marano / Bakery:  The Sweet Spot / Event Venue:  The Washington Club

1. Posted Feb 15 at 9:19 am | Permalink

Oh so pretty! My favorite detail is the silver sparkle Toms 🙂

2. Posted Feb 15 at 9:44 am | Permalink

So honored + excited to have my work featured on your blog. Thank you for the post! xo

3. Posted Feb 15 at 10:11 am | Permalink

Absolutely lovely!!! Good for you.

4. Posted Feb 15 at 12:52 pm | Permalink

my gosh what cool details–where WAS that?!

5. Posted Feb 15 at 3:46 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous, this wedding is right up my style alley.

6. Posted Feb 15 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

love all the details in this wedding and the bride’s style is priceless.

7. Posted Feb 15 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

Athena, you did such a great job!! Thank you for the Makeup credit! What a cool wedding to photograph!

8. Posted Feb 15 at 6:04 pm | Permalink

the wedding is perfect. love it

9. Posted Feb 16 at 9:51 am | Permalink

I HAVE to ask where the dress is from. It is beautiful!!

10. Posted Feb 17 at 5:18 am | Permalink

This is gorgeous, I love it!

11. Posted Feb 19 at 5:35 am | Permalink

A wedding that includes a reading from Dr. Seuss has got to be FUN!!!

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Ice Cube = it's Friday! Cause, FRIDAY. duh. #byefelicia #optimist #quincyrhys  THREE MONTHS OLD (and two days)! Wow. I cannot believe it. You might be the smiley-est baby I've ever met, which is saying a lot considering how miz you were your first few weeks of life. You are doing so much better with your reflux (thank you Prevacid!) and can finally lay flat, don't scream in your infant seat, and mostly tolerate the bath. You still freak out a little when I try to take you places, but staying home for three months will do that to ya. We're slowly venturing out, taking walks, and getting a bit more social. You still love to nurse and be worn but you also love being put in your bouncer and on your playmat/gym. You are babbling like crazy, laughing, smiling at your brothers a lot (even Calvin, even when he's a little rough with his love). They both love you so much and think you are so cute. Tonight Charlie said "Quincy, how cute are you!? No, seriously, HOW CUTE ARE YOU!?" You weigh a whopping 15 pounds (your brothers were only 13.5 at 4 months!) You have so many rolls I have to make sure you aren't hiding food or growing a garden in them. And you have sweaty feet! It's so weird. Your night sleep is not bad but not amazing - you sleep from 7:30 or 8 pm till 1:30 or 2 am, eat, and then go back to sleep but lately are waking up every 1.5-2 hrs after that even though you don't seem to be hungry. You still sleep in the rock-n-play so I'm hoping to get you in your bassinet soon since your reflux is improving. Calvin was sleeping 10-12 straight hours already. But you take great naps - one 3 hour nap in the morning and usually a 2 hr nap in the afternoon. You're pretty dependable that way, and for the record both of your brothers struggled with naps for a while. I'd rather have more night sleep but I'll take what I can get. You've discovered your hands and are trying to suck your thumb/fist. When you cry, you really cry. Like full on wailing or no crying at all. And you have white duck fluff sticking up all over your head. I love how you stretch and pucker your lips when I take you out of the swaddle and how when you first wake up and focus your eyes on me you greet me with the biggest smile ever. Every single time.  #quincysmonthbymonth
       The windows are open and a breeze is blowing in the smell of the night blooming jasmine outside. Calvin is napping. Quincy is nursing. Chili is cooking. I got decent sleep last night and had a productive morning. We have family plans with friends this evening. The wine is chilling. I got these flowers from Trader Joes for $7 and the ranunculus are the prettiest yellow. They reminded me of someone which reminded me to stop and appreciate every single thing I just listed and more. Every giggle, every smile, every breath, every cuddle. Every quiet moment. Every loud moment. Every single moment. Everything.  Neighborhood strollin' with 2 of ma 3 homies #calvinandquincy