• {Real Wedding} Georgia & Brian: Intimate and Lovely DIY Wedding

This wedding was DIY (including the florals!) from head to toe, if a wedding has a head and a toe.  And it proves that rain doesn’t ruin your wedding day.  In fact, it could make it better!  Pretty pink peonies, a pink and purple palette, sparkly Toms, fantastic vintage elements, mismatched bridesmaids, mason jar beverage glasses, the bride’s cardigan…I just love so many things about this wedding.  LOVE LOVE LOVE!

From the very talented photographer, Athena Blude’ Photography:

It ended up lightly raining, but the bride was determined to not move their outdoor ceremony where guests met at a farm, walked through suspended doors and sat on haystacks. It was an incredibly intimate and touching ceremony with only family in attendance. Afterwards, the reception was moved to a quaint club, where every piece of square footage was decorated with thoughtful and creative DIY details. All of which, the bride and groom had help with from their immediate family. It was such sweet and lovely wedding full of inspiration.

This wedding makes me wish it had rained for my wedding.  How nuts is that?  THAT is how much I love this wedding.  Props and congrats to the happy couple!

{Vendors} Photographer:  Athena Bludé Photography via Two Bright LightsMakeup Artist:  Andrea Marano / Bakery:  The Sweet Spot / Event Venue:  The Washington Club

1. Posted Feb 15 at 9:19 am | Permalink

Oh so pretty! My favorite detail is the silver sparkle Toms :-)

2. Posted Feb 15 at 9:44 am | Permalink

So honored + excited to have my work featured on your blog. Thank you for the post! xo

3. Posted Feb 15 at 10:11 am | Permalink

Absolutely lovely!!! Good for you.

4. Posted Feb 15 at 12:52 pm | Permalink

my gosh what cool details–where WAS that?!

5. Posted Feb 15 at 3:46 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous, this wedding is right up my style alley.

6. Posted Feb 15 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

love all the details in this wedding and the bride’s style is priceless.

7. Posted Feb 15 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

Athena, you did such a great job!! Thank you for the Makeup credit! What a cool wedding to photograph!

8. Posted Feb 15 at 6:04 pm | Permalink

the wedding is perfect. love it

9. Posted Feb 16 at 9:51 am | Permalink

I HAVE to ask where the dress is from. It is beautiful!!

10. Posted Feb 17 at 5:18 am | Permalink

This is gorgeous, I love it!

11. Posted Feb 19 at 5:35 am | Permalink

A wedding that includes a reading from Dr. Seuss has got to be FUN!!!

• follow oh lovely day on pinterest
    • Topics

Archives

• mens wearhouse
    • Sugarplum Lane Baby
    • Minted Wedding Stationery
    • Gilded Rentals

My Favorite Things

Shop For Your Honeymoon

Baby Must-Haves

• Our Wedding
    • Bloggers Wedding Advice
    • Lovely Ever After
    • oh lovely day on instagram
    •   this little
       I was gifted some @honest diapers and wipes when Calvin was born and only recently made my first actual Honest purchase. Got a super great deal on a bundle (6 packs of diapers and 4 packs of wipes) plus a bundle of products to try it all out. I would love to hear from fellow mommas who have also purchased their products. Do you love? Think it's overrated? Worth the price? Favorite items? Calvin has been having multiple diaper side leaks when in his car seat (don't know if it is the diaper b/c it has happened with both Pampers and Honest ones or the way he sits in his seat - it's always out the same side!) so I would love to hear which diapers are your favorite. And I'll be sharing my honest review of the @honest products I'm trying (see what I did there ) oh, and if you want an invite to get the same awesome deal, leave your email address in the comments and I'll send you a link!
    • Wedding Paper Divas Save the Date Card Sale