• {It’s in the Details} Chalkboard Wedding Details + DIYs

I love the DIY feel and laid back vibe of chalkboards in weddings.  You can use them for so many different things, and can “dress them up” or keep them low key.  Here are some of my favorite uses:
    Dessert table backdrop with fun explanations:

To display seating assignments, in lieu of escort cards:

Drink or Signature Cocktail Menu:
    For messages for your photo booth guestbook:
    Or as your photobooth backdrop:
    For Menus or games:
    Top:  Sarah K. Chen, Bottom:  Via Once Wed

For Various Wedding Signage:

Bride and Groom signage (for photos, thank you cards, etc.):
    To explain a tribute to a loved one (and I’ve said it before – I love this tribute idea!):

These are such an easy DIY project!  If you can’t find chalkboards to use, all you need is some chalkboard paint, and chalk of course!  What are your favorite chalkboard uses?

1. Posted Mar 8 at 7:03 am | Permalink

I love this idea!!! I just worked at a wedding actually & they had these arrow stands that said which way to the bathroom, guest book, photo booth, etc. Super cute!!! & cheap and easy too!

2. Posted Mar 8 at 10:53 am | Permalink

I can’t help but fall in love with all of these, especially the first image! So creative!

3. Posted Mar 8 at 11:56 am | Permalink

Lovely ideas and great photography.

4. Posted Mar 9 at 1:07 am | Permalink

Waaah! The chalkboard idea is so cute especially to the first image. You make a doodle with explanations. The feeling of this is very laid back and relax and most of all, I love it! groomsman gifts

5. Posted Mar 9 at 6:32 am | Permalink

Such a creative way to incorporate a little fun!

6. Posted Mar 9 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

Chalk boards arre such a great idea!

7. Posted Mar 9 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

Love chalkboards!! Working with designing them for an upcoming wedding.

8. Posted Mar 10 at 11:43 pm | Permalink

Very cute and fun idea. 🙂

9. Posted Jul 17 at 12:53 pm | Permalink

Chalkboards are awesome! Love the couple in front of the chalkboard backdrop!

10. Posted May 2 at 2:18 am | Permalink

thanks for share this articles…

•  Seriously cannot believe I'm saying this but, YOU ARE NINE MONTHS OLD! Your first 9 months of life sure did go by faster than your 9 months in my belly, and I didn't even know you were in there for the first 9 weeks! (Yep, I was totally that pregnant lady the third time around  but that's a story for another time...) You are feeding yourself, have still never had a bottle , are pulling up to standing, sprint crawling, finally cut your first tooth and are working on your second. You have regressed in sleep and the last week have been waking up 1-2 times a night but I know it's those teeth. You are not a good teether. You're babbling like crazy, mostly in this hilarious new demon voice, you often mimic sounds, and are always saying dadadada. How about a little mama, huh? I'm the one who has barely slept for 9 months through colic and reflux and nursing and night wakings and who carries you around on my person 90% of the time. I'm not bitter though. The smiles you save for me alone more than make up for it. #quincysmonthbymonth  Countdown to Halloween is on! Reminiscing about that time Charlie was @macklemore for Halloween, 2013. Kid was two weeks shy of three and played the part to a tee. What is your favorite costume you or your kids ever did? #isthatyourgrandmascoat #poppintags #charlieasmacklemore #babymacklemore #bornentertainer #charlesdashiell
       Continuing the Halloween theme today because I'm in a Halloween mood  Last year. My favorite movie as a kid became Charlie's favorite last year and he wanted to be Jareth so bad. I wasn't sure I could pull it off, but we did. Even down to dressing Calvin as Toby because he was the perfect age. I don't think it will ever get better than this for me. #dancemagicdance #babewiththepower #labyrinth  Motherhood is a constantly evolving state of total joy, exhausted agony, superhuman strength, and very human failures. As soon as you celebrate that superhuman successful day, it is replaced with new challenges. And just when you think you can't go one more day, you get a day so magical you want to have ten more babies. I'm in the midst of one of those exhausted phases again but I keep trying to remind myself that it is this phase that makes the magical days shine brighter. In the wise words of Miley Cyrus (I'm actually serious): it's all about the climb.  We've got this mamas. (Tag a momma who needs to get cheesy and read the words to a Miley Cyrus song ) #battlefieldmotherhood _______________________________________________ I can almost see it. That dream I'm dreaming, But there's a voice inside my head saying, "You'll never reach it." Every step I'm takin' Every move I make feels lost with no direction, My faith is shakin' But I, I gotta keep tryin' Gotta keep my head held high There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb The struggles I'm facing The chances I'm taking Sometimes might knock me down, But no, I'm not breaking I may not know it, But these are the moments That I'm gonna remember most  Just gotta keep goin', And I, I gotta be strong Just keep pushing on, 'Cause... There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb.