• {Real Wedding} Breanna & Todd: Budget-friendly DIY Ohio Barn Wedding

As a native Ohioan, I’m always excited to see a little bit of home.  This Ohio barn wedding gave me the home fix I needed to get me through until my next in-person visit.  This couple kept costs way down by basically DIY’ing everything!  The bride grew the sunflowers in her parents’ backyard.  The groom baked and decorated the cake, which is super impressive to me since my husband can’t boil pasta.  I love how personal everything is!

Here are some details from the bride:
    Todd and I are both students, so we knew that a DIY wedding was going to help our budget. But it also made our day much more special, because we were a part of every detail.

We made almost everything with the help of our loving families, from the invitations to the reception food.  Todd even baked and decorated our cake.  I spent hours devouring wedding blogs and had tons of inspiration.  A few of my favorite details included the sunflowers I grew at my parents’ home, our program fans that included our love story on the back, a directions sign that pointed the way to our honeymoon cities and both of the cities we grew up in, seating chart and drink stirrer escort cards, tons of mason jars collected from my parents’ basement.  Our families were incredible!  After the rehearsal dinner, they laid out every table, arranged every individual centerpiece, and helped complete our perfect day.

We decided to do a first look before the wedding ceremony.  I remember walking up to Todd and telling him to turn around.  It was so amazing to be able to see him for the first time that day without all of the pressure of our guests watching.  It was just the two of us, and we were able to share a few special minutes before everything got started.

Todd and I danced to “Let’s Make It Last” by Brandon Heath.  Todd played the song for me when we were dating, and we knew that we would dance to it someday.

Todd proposed with a box of origami hearts with Bible verses written on them.  To incorporate this, each table was a different Bible verse that Todd had written when he proposed.  Our venue also had a fire pit, so we were able to have one of my favorite desserts: smores!

How did you make your wedding YOU?
    Growing up in the country, a barn reception was absolutely perfect!  The venue was beautiful on its own, but adding our own personal touches made it that much more special.  Picking our ceremony flowers the morning of the wedding was such a relaxing way to start the day and helped calm my jitters. Incorporating small details helped tell our love story, and we have received endless compliments from our guests.

So, how impressed are you that the groom made that cake!?  I think he deserves some congrats 🙂

{Vendors} Photographer: Harvest of MemoriesCaterer: Servatii Pastry Shop and Deli / Bridal Dress: David’s BridalSuits: JoS A BankVenue: Everal Barn and Homestead

1. Posted Mar 28 at 7:03 am | Permalink

What a lovely warm wedding. Very impressed that the groom made the cake. Love the bridesmaid dresses, very different

2. Posted Mar 28 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

Lovely! I adore the sunflowers and the cake!

3. Posted Mar 28 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

I love the program, so cool! Such a cute couple, too 🙂

4. Posted Mar 29 at 6:21 pm | Permalink

I def love the program! Shows the couple has spunk.

5. Posted Apr 8 at 3:26 pm | Permalink

Love! Where did she get those bridesmaid dresses??? I have to have something similar for my wedding! I’ve been searching everywhere.

6. Posted Apr 8 at 6:43 pm | Permalink

Hi Elizabeth – the bride found the bridesmaid dresses at Marry Me Bridal in Orange, CA.

7. Jaimee
      Posted Dec 7 at 10:45 am | Permalink

Hi! I’m looking to have a very similar DIY barn wedding in Ohio.. I was under the impression that this venue did not allow alcohol but it looks like they might have had it here? any ideas? The location would be perfect for me if not for that small hitch!

8. Mariah Havens
      Posted May 30 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

I’m looking for a barn venue in Ohio and havent found the right one 🙁 Does anyone know where this is located at ?

• Posted May 30 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

Hi Mariah – you can find the venue in the bottom of the post under credits. it is the Everal Barn and Homestead in Westerville, OH.

9. Rebecca Thompson
      Posted May 6 at 9:09 pm | Permalink

The bridesmaid dresses are so pretty. Marry Me Bridal is sorted by designer. Who is the designer of the dresses?

•  Can a person be your happy place? Because I'm pretty certain that Quincy is mine ☺️✨ #quincyrhys #thatdimpletho  This week was a rough one. I feel like I say that every week but this one really was. Today alone had me at my breaking point. All three of my kids seemed hell bent on driving me crazy. Quincy literally wouldn't let me put him down or leave the room without a major scream-cry fest. He rode around on the fuss bus allllll day. Tropical storm Calvin left destruction in his wake everywhere he went (if you follow me on snap/stories you got a little sampling but that was nowhere near the extent of it). At one point I went into a room away from my kids and sat in a chair and cried. Within three minutes one of them found me (of course) gave me a hug, and we were all better (except Calvin -- I think this is his permanent state ). This photo is my version of thinking happy thoughts. Bougainvillea vibes ✌️️✨
       Putting the finishing touches on the boys' bedroom and had to stop to admire the magic that the morning light and their @babyjives mobile was making. ✨☁️⭐️❤️✨#charlieandcalsroomredo  You know what is a great motivator? Not wanting to be outdone by your big bro. Cause look who's pulling himself up, so he can keep up  #quincysmilestones #calvinandquincy #lawdhelpme #charlieandcalsroomredo