• {Real Wedding} Brianne & Scott: Washington State Ranch Wedding with Mason Jar Invites

Some details from the bride:

How did you make your wedding “YOU”?

When I was planning our wedding, I spent a lot of time (in the beginning) concerned that I wanted it to reflect “me” and be a unique event.  What I realized by the time I walked down the aisle that every wedding is, by nature, unique, as it is the final combination of many months of personal decisions.  And, like a snowflake, all weddings are made up of the same components, yet no two can be exactly the same!

What personal elements or DIY did you include in your wedding?
    Our wedding was very personal and a group effort.  My dearest friend, Michael, became a (albeit online) minister to marry us.  My brother and his wife (they were married only a few months before) read the first reading.  My brother in law and his wife (they were married a few months before that) read the second reading.  I really felt that it was important that our brothers were reading passages on love while the objects of their love stood beside them.  We had three sets of vows: ours, our new family (my husband, me, and his two children), and all the guests.  My mother made all of the centerpieces for the tables, the setting tags and the linens.  And, to boot, she made the “bride and groom” seatback covers
    My good friend, Madison, DJ’d the entire wedding: she worked for weeks before the wedding to create a separate play list for every phase of the wedding. It was perfect.
    Tell me about your invitations.
    Our invitations had a hand drawing of Perfect Mason jars labeled with the words changed slightly to read “Perfect Pair”.  Weeks before the wedding, we found two original blue-glass “Perfect” mason jars at an antique shop in Cashmere, just like in our invitations. They sat on the bride and groom’s table.
    What was your bridal style?

I always thought Japanese weddings where the bride leaves and then comes back in a different, colorful dress for the reception was awesome. So, I toned it down a bit and bought a colorful sash and different-colored fascinator for the reception.

Have you ever seen a better end-of-the-night photo than that?  I mean, there is an actual shooting star!  And those invitations…*swooning*  And coffee bean favors in mason jars is only like the perfect favor for a Washington State wedding.  What was your favorite element?

{Vendors} Photographer: SaskiaM PhotographyVenue: Pine River Ranch, Lake Wenatchee, WA / Cake: Bea at Busy Bea’s Cakes /  Event Coordinators: The Bride and her Mom / Invitations: Ann at event123 on Etsy / Caterer: Val and Dave at Ravenous CateringWedding Favors:  Laurie at Diva Espresso / Flowers: Joni at Safeway in Leavenworth / Groom’s Attire: Men’s Warehouse suit & Macy’s tie / Bridal Gown: Benita of Benita’s Bridal / Jewelry:  Necklace and earrings were the pearls my host parents in Japan gave me when I graduated high school.  My bracelet belonged to my late grandmother and it was my “something old” / Hair fascinators: Meg at ChapelBelle

1. Posted Mar 21 at 11:49 am | Permalink

I love the mason jar invites! Gorgeous wedding!

• Elliot
        Posted Nov 24 at 9:14 pm | Permalink

Hi I’m “the bride’s” step daughter she’s super cool and the wedding was truly amazing and she just had a baby boy. So cuuute

2. Posted Mar 21 at 3:45 pm | Permalink

Beautiful pictures. I really like the idea of the streamers that the couple walk through.

3. Posted Mar 21 at 6:40 pm | Permalink

Very simple yet chic details.

4. Posted Mar 22 at 9:46 pm | Permalink

Thank you so much for featuring this sweet wedding. I feel lucky to have captured it.

5. Posted Mar 28 at 2:06 pm | Permalink

They had such a beautiful wedding and we were so happy to be part of watching their family grow!

Thanks for choosing us to spend your day with and we wish you the best in your journey together

6. Posted Apr 28 at 7:20 pm | Permalink

Love the coffee favors! Looks like a gorgeous day and place to get married.

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Sunday morning mood. It's how getting tossed in the air by your pops (if you're Calvin) or 8 straight hours of sleep (if you are me) will make ya feel  #calvins3rdyear  7 months old today, but momma won't be taking your 7 month photo today (probably not tomorrow either) because I'm so tired from your sleeping more like a 7 week old than a 7 month old. Did you not get the 3rd baby memo? If you don't give me more sleep soon I'm going to pull a Lindsay Lohan and check myself into a nice facility due to my "exhaustion" (except in my case it really will be exhaustion). Then who will you wake up all night, huh? So can you try and just wake me up once a night? Instead of 3? Deal? DEAL!!!? #seriouslysotired #quincyrhys
       Apparently you wanted to sleep in your own room as well, because last night your brothers bunked up and you got the nursery all to yourself and slept like a champ. 7:30-3:30, quick feeding, then up at 6:30. Which means I got my first real night's sleep in 7 months. Encore encore!!!  #quincyrhys #quincysmilestones  I can hardly believe Quincy was ever this tiny. And now he's 7 months tomorrow. Since we are out of the infant baby gear/clothing phase, I'm selling it all at a deep discount now at @ohlovelydaysale (including this playmat!) and more this weekend if you are local. See the flyer a few posts back and head to my sale feed. Tag your expecting friends or the mom's of new babes that are in So Cal! #OLDsamplesale