• {Real Wedding} Jamie & Doug: Pretty DIY Wedding with Vintage Charm

This wedding today is the epitome of pretty.  Pretty colors, pretty bride, pretty dress, and pretty images from Kay English.  Kay does something with light that is just AAAAMAZING.  Seriously, she just GETS light.  Her talent combined with this lovely wedding is perfect for this Monday morning.
    Some words from the bride on their DIY details and how they made their wedding ‘them’:
    We really enjoy expressing our personalities and interests through decor/little details – so our wedding was such a great chance to do this!  My mom was a huge help to us and was so involved in each of the DIY projects that we did.  I’m so thankful for her help and creative ideas.  We made a list of some of our favorite DIY details:

-Inspiration Fabric: the fabric was one of the first things selected, knowing ahead that we liked the colors cornflower blue and yellow.  The fabric by Heather Bailey, “Pineapple Brocade – Ice” with accent “Primed Tile – Canary”  This fabric was used for the flower girl’s dress, table covers for the Sweetheart table and place card table.  This fabric had matching card stock as well, that would be used throughout in additional projects to coordinate (table signs, place cards, etc.)

-my pink paisley bike was something we wanted to incorporate into our day because we were on a bike ride when Doug proposed to me.  This bike was decorated with vintage type cans and tissue balls with a “Just Married” sign, along with a daisy bouquet placed in the wicker basket.  Kay ended up using this for some fun pictures, too 🙂

-cookie table was displayed and supplied with cookies homemade by some special women in our lives that had sentimental connections.

-the table signs were locations instead of numbers – places that were significant to us as a couple. Written on the back were some memories or acknowledgments for the guests to enjoy.

-in lieu of favors for the guests we opted to make a donation to a Children’s Orphanage in China that we’d been closely connected to.  Pictures of the individual children that would benefit from the donation were printed on cards and placed at each seat.

How great is that charity favor!?  I really love that idea.  And there were so many great DIY ideas to get inspired from as well.  I love the baby’s breath pouf florals and all the pretty patterns incorporated into the decor.  Oh, and a pink paisley bike!?  I NEED one 🙂  How does this wedding inspire you?
    {Vendors} Venue: Scotland Run, Williamstown, NJ / Photographer:  Kay English Photography  / Florals:  Mums the Word Floral / DJ – DiNardo Brothers / Invitations: Wedding Paper Divas / Transportation – JBL Limos / Bakery – Country Sweets / Bridal and bridesmaid’s dresses – David’s Bridal / Fabric and card stock – www.heatherbaileystore.com

1. Posted Mar 5 at 8:36 am | Permalink

You are right…pretty! So pretty! I do love the way the couple incorporated personal touches especially the bike! Such a gorgeous details and lighting 🙂

2. Posted Mar 6 at 8:14 am | Permalink

You are totally right about the light in these photos. GORGEOUS! Love the bride’s dress, and her sweet, sweet bouquet, too!

3. Posted Mar 20 at 9:37 am | Permalink

Great wedding, some lovely inspiration there!

4. Posted Apr 5 at 11:55 pm | Permalink

So sweet! The shot with the bicycle is so cute 🙂

5. Posted Apr 25 at 9:54 pm | Permalink

Great location, very romantic and laid-back. Looks like a very happy and sweet wedding. And the couple look amazing
      amazing photography! love the sweet details.

6. Posted Jun 8 at 11:33 am | Permalink

I love their wedding! it’s so gorgeous. I also plan to use daisy’s in my wedding and i had some questions for the bride–how would i go about contacting her??

7. Erika
      Posted Apr 13 at 10:09 am | Permalink

Does anyone know where I can get shoes like that? 🙂

•  Continuing the Halloween theme today because I'm in a Halloween mood  Last year. My favorite movie as a kid became Charlie's favorite last year and he wanted to be Jareth so bad. I wasn't sure I could pull it off, but we did. Even down to dressing Calvin as Toby because he was the perfect age. I don't think it will ever get better than this for me. #dancemagicdance #babewiththepower #labyrinth  Motherhood is a constantly evolving state of total joy, exhausted agony, superhuman strength, and very human failures. As soon as you celebrate that superhuman successful day, it is replaced with new challenges. And just when you think you can't go one more day, you get a day so magical you want to have ten more babies. I'm in the midst of one of those exhausted phases again but I keep trying to remind myself that it is this phase that makes the magical days shine brighter. In the wise words of Miley Cyrus (I'm actually serious): it's all about the climb.  We've got this mamas. (Tag a momma who needs to get cheesy and read the words to a Miley Cyrus song ) #battlefieldmotherhood _______________________________________________ I can almost see it. That dream I'm dreaming, But there's a voice inside my head saying, "You'll never reach it." Every step I'm takin' Every move I make feels lost with no direction, My faith is shakin' But I, I gotta keep tryin' Gotta keep my head held high There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb The struggles I'm facing The chances I'm taking Sometimes might knock me down, But no, I'm not breaking I may not know it, But these are the moments That I'm gonna remember most  Just gotta keep goin', And I, I gotta be strong Just keep pushing on, 'Cause... There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb.
       Countdown to Halloween is on! Reminiscing about that time Charlie was @macklemore for Halloween, 2013. Kid was two weeks shy of three and played the part to a tee. What is your favorite costume you or your kids ever did? #isthatyourgrandmascoat #poppintags #charlieasmacklemore #babymacklemore #bornentertainer #charlesdashiell  We have this hat, passed down to Charlie from my friend's little boy, then passed down to Calvin. It's just a simple grey hat but it is so so cute and is the thing that my boys wear the most in the toddler years. It holds so much sentimental value for me. Well yesterday I took the babies on a walk and somewhere along the way Calvin chucked it. He also tossed his shoes but I saw those right away. It wasn't until we stopped for lunch that I realized the hat was gone. I was so sad about it that I retraced our steps to see if I could find it. No luck. I'm pretty sure he tossed it in Goodwill while I was digging for stuff for our Halloween costumes. Which means it is gone, because when you lose something in Goodwill it is seriously like looking for a needle in a haystack. I've been sick about it ever since, which I know is silly. It's just a hat, after all. But it's one of those things that I was planning to pass to Quincy and then save forever and when I was old and grey I would dig it out of the attic and take a walk down memory lane. You moms know what I'm talking about. But it's gone and all I have are photos and the memories. Luckily Calvin had started putting it on Quincy's head and last week I snapped this picture. Charlie and Calvin both kept saying "cuuuuuuute" ❤️ I hope it makes its way onto another little boy's head someday #thefredrickboys #calvinandquincy #brudders #thebrotherhoodofthegreytoddlerhat