• {Real Wedding} Katie & Jerry: Vintage Owl-Themed DIY Wedding

Your monday morning wake-up call is here, in the form of adorable owls and this sweet wedding!  Vintage-inspired, DIY details, cute and quirky owls, and lots of personal meaning make this wedding one of my favorites.  And they had a pie bar and a biscuit bar.  A BISCUIT BAR!

Katie and Jerry were married at Winfrey Point overlooking White Rock Lake.  After the outdoor ceremony, where everyone sat on vintage quilts, they moved inside for a fried chicken dinner complete with a biscuit bar with a variety of honey and jam.  They used owls throughout the reception space which was their high school mascot, where the couple originally met years ago.  Rather than having one large cake, they opted for a smaller cake and an assortment of fruit and cream pies.  Jars of honey were handed out to guests as favors and the couple left to a showering of lavender rice…and an actual rain shower.  They were able to plan this entire wedding for $15,000!  Just goes to show you that you can have a fantastic, personal, gorgeous wedding and not spend your life savings.

What an adorable ring pillow!  And that bouquet…I DIE.
    Bridesmaids in wellies?  I die again!
    The couple not only married each other, but joined their families and used a sand ceremony to symbolize this, giving all 3 children different types of sand, ground shells, and rock to show their individual spirits.
    “thanks for bee’in with us” – such an adorable sign idea for honey favors!
    I seriously want to be friends with any couple who has a biscuit bar at their wedding.
    A little bit from the bride:
    What was the biggest thing you did to save money?
    I worked with my wedding planner (Wendy from Birds of a Feather Events) to come up with a budget and then worked even harder to stick to the bottom line. Working with a budget helped me to prioritize the items that were most important.
    What’s the best advice you have for planning your wedding now that you’re on the other side?
    Delegate and ask for help! Planning a wedding is stressful enough. Having good support from family and my bridal party was key for me, in particular in asking people to help in the area of his or her strengths.
    What was your biggest splurge?
    For me it was the flowers. They were so beautiful but also expensive for something that only lasts one day. It felt good to know they were being donated after the wedding so as to not be quite as much of a splurge.
    What was your favorite detail?
    Very tough to answer this one because I loved every aspect of the wedding. The personal touches of style/personality made our wedding truly unique, and so I’d say that was my favorite. Some of those were the little white owls everywhere (my husband and I went to high school together and our mascot was the owls) and even the biscuit bar at the reception (I love bread more than cake!).
    What was the most memorable moment of your day?
    Walking down the aisle at our outdoor ceremony and seeing how beautiful everything turned out — the scene (seriously amazing job, Wendy!!), the weather, my (handsome) husband, and my friends and family all there to enjoy it. It was a moment of pure joy I will never forget.
    How much more do you love those owls now that you know it was the couple’s high school mascot, where they met years before!?  Such a sweet idea :)  There is so much to love and be inspired by from this wedding.  What is your favorite detail?  Can you believe this wedding cost $15,000?
    {Vendors}  Planning, design, and decor:  Birds of a Feather Events  / Photography:  Nine Photography /
    Venue: Winfrey Point / Catering: Babe’s Chicken / Flowers: Bows and Arrows / Invitations: Southern Fried Paper / Cake and pies: Cakes By Brian / Linens by Laura Rizvi / Rentals: Big D Party Rentals / DJ: Ray’s DJ Service / Honey: Todd Youngblood / Bartender: Tiffany Pusateri

1. Posted Mar 19 at 8:18 am | Permalink

Really liking the color palette!

2. Posted Mar 19 at 8:29 am | Permalink

This is so adorable! Love the colors!!

3. Posted Mar 19 at 8:35 am | Permalink

I really love the casual feel! I’m a sucker for mismatched bridesmaids dresses and guests on blankets.

4. Posted Mar 19 at 9:15 am | Permalink

Such a lovely wedding!

5. Posted Mar 19 at 10:19 am | Permalink

Really love the colour palette, what a beautiful wedding.

6. Posted Mar 19 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

SUPER FUN AND CUTE DETAILS LOVELY CAKE!

7. Posted Mar 20 at 2:24 am | Permalink

I’d also definitely want to be friends with any couple who has a biscuit bar at their wedding! Where were the flowers being donated to, if that’s not too personal question? It’s a really nice idea.

8. Posted Mar 21 at 9:41 am | Permalink

Oh my goodness LOOOOOOOVE all of these details! And the owls… so stinkin’ cute!!

9. Posted Mar 25 at 11:44 am | Permalink

Love so much about this Wedding! The outdoors scenery adds to each photo, especially the beautiful Trees! The pies add a homemade touch, especially the Pecan Pie! The purple and light blue theme colors are so cute on the Bridesmaids and Bouquet! Last but not least, the Honey Jar Favors are such a sweet idea, and I’m sure very much appreciated!

• follow oh lovely day on pinterest
    • Topics

Archives

• mens wearhouse
    • Sugarplum Lane Baby
    • Minted Wedding Stationery
    • Gilded Rentals

My Favorite Things

Shop For Your Honeymoon

Baby Must-Haves

• Our Wedding
    • Bloggers Wedding Advice
    • Lovely Ever After
    • oh lovely day on instagram
    •  My walking buddy today, working hard to suck on that dog's ear just the way his brother used to. I love how easy it is to take Calvin on walks with me using our @uppababy travel system, and how I can throw on the piggyback board if Charlie is home and we all want to go for a walk. I'm sharing a full review of the @uppababy Vista travel system and accessories over on @itsmomtastic today if you are stroller shopping and would like more info. Spoiler alert: I love it. http://www.momtastic.com/style/465203-product-review-uppababy-travel-system/
       My favorite kind of California day, 72 and sunny through clouds. And I've logged 3.5 miles on a good stroller walk with Calvin so I feel like I've accomplished something. Only one million more calories to burn to lose this baby weight
    • Wedding Paper Divas Save the Date Card Sale