• {Real Wedding} Brie & Greg: Vintage Baseball Wedding in Baltimore

When I lived in Chicago, one of my favorite things to do was go to a Cubs game.  To sit in the sun and drink beer, and probably (who am I kidding? Definitely!) have a hot dog… it was the best!  Going to a game in LA just isn’t the same (sorry LA natives, but it just isn’t!)  They don’t even have beer guys at Dodgers Stadium!  WTF!?  If I can’t get endless quantities of bad beer brought to my seat every inning it just isn’t worth it, am I right?

The point of that little tangent is that I’m featuring today’s wedding in honor of the opening of baseball season.  And because every once in a while I like to mix it up and feature a wedding that, while personal, lovely, vintage, or DIY, is also a bit different than most of the weddings I feature here.  It’s like cleansing the palette.
    Another take on the cootie catchers – cootie catcher programs!
    *cuteness overload*
    Love that Conan made an appearance 🙂
    Here’s some info from the bride on the DIY and details from their day:
    Tell us about the DIY elements from your wedding
    Since I am a graphic designer I was most excited about creating all the printed pieces for our wedding, including the save-the-date, invitation, place cards, table name cards, a “cootie catcher” style wedding program and signage. Our wedding had an overall theme of Vintage Baseball and I tried to carry that feel throughout by naming each table for a classic baseball stadium and creating a vintage ticket design for the place cards.
    Another project I took on was to collect vintage Planter’s Peanut Tins and Vintage Cracker Jack Tins for the flower centerpieces for each table. When I contacted my florist with the idea she ran with it and created beautiful and unique arrangements that I just loved!
    Because The Sports Legends Museum is in a converted train station, originally Camden Station, I also searched out and found old suitcase to use as our card box.
    Instead of getting a professional photo booth, which was on the pricey side, we created a do-it-yourself photobooth by using a instant camera and setting up props such as” vintage baseball player-style” mustaches-on-a-stick and lips-on-a-stick for the less adventurous. We also included some baseball caps and jerseys. We encouraged guests to put the photos in our guest book/photo album and write us a note, which has become one of our best and most entertaining mementos from the evening. We now have an album full of our friends and family donning mustaches and lips!
    Aside from the DIY, how did you make your wedding YOU?
    I feel like a wedding isn’t just about the union of two people, but also a joining of families and their collected history. We celebrated that idea by using the same cake topper that my grandparents used on their wedding cake and we displayed all of our family’s wedding photos from over the years. I wore my grandmother’s necklace and Greg wore his grandfather’s cufflinks.
    I just love how the theme was carried throughout the wedding in subtle ways, like the peanut and cracker jack tins for the florals!  And the paper goods are just too perfect with the cute signs and the ticket escort cards.  LOVE.  And you know I love those cootie catcher programs (if you haven’t seen my wedding, I had cootie catcher menus!)  This is how you do a theme without making things too themey.  You know what I mean.  So tell me, what are you loving from this vintage baseball wedding?
    {Vendors} Photography: Sweet Pea Photography via Two Bright Lights / Venue: Sports Legends Museum / Caterer: Atlantic Catering / Ceremony Music: Greta Thomas (Violin) and Joe Johnson (Guitar) / Flowers: Bella Fiori Couture Floral & Events Design / Dress: Pronovias from Juliet Bridal Boutique / Hair piece: Unveiled Bridal Designs / Bride’s Hair and Make-up: Salon 8736 / Custom Ring Pillow: Clover Lane Boutique / Mustache and Smiles on Sticks: Whisker Works

1. Posted Apr 5 at 7:22 am | Permalink

How cute & fun! The baseball ring pillow & ring shot are just perfect.

2. Posted Apr 5 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

3. Posted Apr 5 at 5:05 pm | Permalink

Cute baseball theme!

4. Posted Apr 5 at 7:31 pm | Permalink

Love love love old timey baseball Conan! What a fun wedding!

5. Posted Apr 6 at 4:21 pm | Permalink

Love all those fun details! So sweet. 🙂

6. Posted Apr 9 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

all of these DIY ideas are way too cute!

7. Lila
      Posted May 6 at 8:35 pm | Permalink

Hello, could you tell me the info you had for your cootie catcher programs?

8. Anonymous
      Posted Jul 14 at 8:09 am | Permalink

This looks like a really fun weddings. I love your wedding program idea! Very original. We got our save the dates as ticket-style magnets from sportsthemedweddings.com. Where can I get some of the table accents that you guys had done?

•  Seriously cannot believe I'm saying this but, YOU ARE NINE MONTHS OLD! Your first 9 months of life sure did go by faster than your 9 months in my belly, and I didn't even know you were in there for the first 9 weeks! (Yep, I was totally that pregnant lady the third time around  but that's a story for another time...) You are feeding yourself, have still never had a bottle , are pulling up to standing, sprint crawling, finally cut your first tooth and are working on your second. You have regressed in sleep and the last week have been waking up 1-2 times a night but I know it's those teeth. You are not a good teether. You're babbling like crazy, mostly in this hilarious new demon voice, you often mimic sounds, and are always saying dadadada. How about a little mama, huh? I'm the one who has barely slept for 9 months through colic and reflux and nursing and night wakings and who carries you around on my person 90% of the time. I'm not bitter though. The smiles you save for me alone more than make up for it. #quincysmonthbymonth  Countdown to Halloween is on! Reminiscing about that time Charlie was @macklemore for Halloween, 2013. Kid was two weeks shy of three and played the part to a tee. What is your favorite costume you or your kids ever did? #isthatyourgrandmascoat #poppintags #charlieasmacklemore #babymacklemore #bornentertainer #charlesdashiell
       Continuing the Halloween theme today because I'm in a Halloween mood  Last year. My favorite movie as a kid became Charlie's favorite last year and he wanted to be Jareth so bad. I wasn't sure I could pull it off, but we did. Even down to dressing Calvin as Toby because he was the perfect age. I don't think it will ever get better than this for me. #dancemagicdance #babewiththepower #labyrinth  Motherhood is a constantly evolving state of total joy, exhausted agony, superhuman strength, and very human failures. As soon as you celebrate that superhuman successful day, it is replaced with new challenges. And just when you think you can't go one more day, you get a day so magical you want to have ten more babies. I'm in the midst of one of those exhausted phases again but I keep trying to remind myself that it is this phase that makes the magical days shine brighter. In the wise words of Miley Cyrus (I'm actually serious): it's all about the climb.  We've got this mamas. (Tag a momma who needs to get cheesy and read the words to a Miley Cyrus song ) #battlefieldmotherhood _______________________________________________ I can almost see it. That dream I'm dreaming, But there's a voice inside my head saying, "You'll never reach it." Every step I'm takin' Every move I make feels lost with no direction, My faith is shakin' But I, I gotta keep tryin' Gotta keep my head held high There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb The struggles I'm facing The chances I'm taking Sometimes might knock me down, But no, I'm not breaking I may not know it, But these are the moments That I'm gonna remember most  Just gotta keep goin', And I, I gotta be strong Just keep pushing on, 'Cause... There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb.