• {Real Wedding} Vanessa & Scott: California Rustic Garden Wedding

This wedding has a dreamy fairy tale feeling to it.  Maybe it is the pretty pink & peach details, or maybe it is the fabulous photos by Jen Disney, or maybe it is the gorgeous bride…I mean these bridal shots are like model magazine worthy.  Beautiful!

I love so many things about this sweet wedding: her shoes, the preserves favors/escort cards duo (great idea, btw to kill two birds with one stone!), and that outdoor photobooth is so unique!  Here are a few details from Vanessa:
    Maravilla Gardens was a magical place to have our wedding. We had a lot of help from our friends and family during the planning process which helped make our day so intimate and personal.  Family flew in from out of state to join us and the ceremony was performed by my Uncle, both of which helped make it feel like not only were Scott and I coming together, but our families were as well.
    Our parents contributed so much time and energy helping with the homemade jams, the slide show of Scott and I, and the mason jar votives, and so much more.  Everywhere I turned there were things that made me smile! Scott and I love each other, our family & friends, the outdoors, lace (well maybe that is just me) and a good party! It was these things that we love which helped guide us in planning our wedding day.  We couldn’t have dreamed up a more perfect day.  And to top it all off, SPARKLERS! It was magical from start to finish.

At the end of the day, you should feel exactly like Vanessa felt – that everywhere you look you see the people and things you love all around at your wedding and that your day felt like magic.  You won’t get that if you don’t have the kind of wedding that YOU want.  You know, like in The Notebook where Ryan Gosling is all intense and asking Rachel McAdams “What do you want? Not what I want, not what he wants, not what your parents want…What do YOU want?” (yes, I have that movie memorized!) Well, that’s how I think you should plan your wedding.  You should think of your guests’ comfort, you should consider what is important to your parents, you should accomodate people as best you can, but you should DO what YOU want.  If you want a small wedding, or a black wedding gown, or pies instead of cake, or no kids at your wedding: whatever it is, you should do what you want.  And now, because I brought him up, I’ll leave you with a little tid bit from the most practical (and hottest) wedding advice giver:

How much do you love this wedding?  Do you agree that you should ultimately do what YOU want when planning your wedding?  Is Ryan Gosling your go-to for wedding advice?  He should be!  (Check out my Pinterest board of Ryan Gosling wedding advice!)  Chime in!

{Vendors} Photographer: Jen Disney / Venue: Maravilla Gardens / Caterer: Command Performance Catering / Cake: Skiff’s Cakes / Dress: Enzoani / DJ: Jason Jones of Elegant Entertainment / Flowers: Yamaguchi Nursery / Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaid / Make-up/hair: Cynthia Lauren

1. Posted Apr 11 at 7:25 am | Permalink

Any post that combines hay bells, Ryan Gosling and a tin watering can is a perfect post. You have such excellent taste in the weddings you feature! I love this wedding and all the detailing. Perfect 🙂

2. Posted Apr 11 at 7:54 am | Permalink

beautiful work Jen! congrats on the feature!

3. Posted Apr 11 at 7:54 am | Permalink

Love this! Great job Jen!

4. Posted Apr 11 at 10:17 am | Permalink

I love the photos Jen!! Really love the details shots, and also, how well you captured the emotions of this gorgeous couple. Awesome work!

And such a fun idea with the outdoor photo booth…nicely done 🙂

5. Posted Apr 11 at 10:22 am | Permalink

Really loving the soft peachy hues. Beautiful veil!

6. Posted Apr 11 at 11:48 am | Permalink

Gah! All of these are so beautiful. So many fabulous curls.

7. Posted Apr 11 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

Beautiful! Love all the feminine peachy details. The bride’s dress and veil are stunning as well – as is she! Lovely.

8. Posted Apr 13 at 6:31 am | Permalink

These images are so yummy! Oh how I wish I would have known about you when I got married Jen Disney. 🙂

9. Posted Apr 13 at 5:58 pm | Permalink

Love her shoes! Do you know where she got them?

10. Posted Aug 11 at 4:05 am | Permalink

Loving your shoes !
      Christine

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Happy 4 months my chubby bunny! It's crazy to think that 8 years ago today your pops asked me to marry him and now here you are already 4 months old. You are happy and smiling 90% of the time and still screamy 10% of the time. Much better, but your unpredictable screaminess still pops up at the times when I'm trying to get out of the house or eat, usually both at once. I can take a hint. You are 17 lbs and almost 26 inches - putting you in the 90th % for height and 80th for weight. Oh, and your head is in the 94th % - which I'm fine with since it was a nice slightly below average size when you were born. You are hilariously huge  Your daddy says if you keep growing like this people are going to start calling you Hodor You have rolled from belly to back a few times (a small miracle given your size and how little floor time you've been able to have due to your reflux), scoot yourself with your feet when laying on your back, have reached for and grabbed a toy, and are a chatterbox. You like music, like being held in sitting and standing positions, and really wanna eat your hands. You are a champion napper -- usually taking a 2-3 hr one in the morning and a good afternoon one as well. I can even put you down without soothing you to sleep first and you fall asleep on your own - something that your brothers didn't do until at least 6 months old. You're sleeping from around 7:30 pm - 7 am, waking around 3:30 for a snack (you're totally not hungry either, you just miss me). You're just the cutest with your fat rolls and cheek dimps and duck fluff hair and big gummy smiles and you have everyone of us completely smitten.  #quincysmonthbymonth  We didn't remember to take his 4 month photos today (we'll just pretend the 26th is tomorrow ) but we did manage a photo for #rednoseday. Don't forget to donate! @rednosedayusa ❣#doitforthekids
       Temporary post: I'm looking for the cutest non tacky apparel for moms and littles for 4th of July themed blog post. If you have something super cute and available online, shoot me an email to chandra@ohlovelyday.com with subject line "July 4th apparel" and a photo (flat lay preferable but on model ok) at least 600 pixels wide, price, and link to item. I'll choose a variety of my favorite 15 and will email you if yours was chosen. And tag a shop if you have seen something cute that I should check out. TIA (these cute swim shorts are by @trendybubs btw )  Talking about embracing our postpartum bodies on the blog today with photos from my shoot with @sollybabywrap when I was 10 days postpartum. Let's start a movement of embracing our real postpartum mom bods - haven't we earned it after pregnancy, labor, delivery, sleep deprivation, nursing, and everything else we put our bodies through? Head to the blog to read my thoughts on the subject - link in profile or ohlovelyday.com. And share your own postpartum photos proudly with #embraceyourmombod #battlefieldmotherhood  @maxwanger #quincyrhys #sollybaby