• {Real Wedding} Vanessa & Scott: California Rustic Garden Wedding

This wedding has a dreamy fairy tale feeling to it.  Maybe it is the pretty pink & peach details, or maybe it is the fabulous photos by Jen Disney, or maybe it is the gorgeous bride…I mean these bridal shots are like model magazine worthy.  Beautiful!

I love so many things about this sweet wedding: her shoes, the preserves favors/escort cards duo (great idea, btw to kill two birds with one stone!), and that outdoor photobooth is so unique!  Here are a few details from Vanessa:
    Maravilla Gardens was a magical place to have our wedding. We had a lot of help from our friends and family during the planning process which helped make our day so intimate and personal.  Family flew in from out of state to join us and the ceremony was performed by my Uncle, both of which helped make it feel like not only were Scott and I coming together, but our families were as well.
    Our parents contributed so much time and energy helping with the homemade jams, the slide show of Scott and I, and the mason jar votives, and so much more.  Everywhere I turned there were things that made me smile! Scott and I love each other, our family & friends, the outdoors, lace (well maybe that is just me) and a good party! It was these things that we love which helped guide us in planning our wedding day.  We couldn’t have dreamed up a more perfect day.  And to top it all off, SPARKLERS! It was magical from start to finish.

At the end of the day, you should feel exactly like Vanessa felt – that everywhere you look you see the people and things you love all around at your wedding and that your day felt like magic.  You won’t get that if you don’t have the kind of wedding that YOU want.  You know, like in The Notebook where Ryan Gosling is all intense and asking Rachel McAdams “What do you want? Not what I want, not what he wants, not what your parents want…What do YOU want?” (yes, I have that movie memorized!) Well, that’s how I think you should plan your wedding.  You should think of your guests’ comfort, you should consider what is important to your parents, you should accomodate people as best you can, but you should DO what YOU want.  If you want a small wedding, or a black wedding gown, or pies instead of cake, or no kids at your wedding: whatever it is, you should do what you want.  And now, because I brought him up, I’ll leave you with a little tid bit from the most practical (and hottest) wedding advice giver:

How much do you love this wedding?  Do you agree that you should ultimately do what YOU want when planning your wedding?  Is Ryan Gosling your go-to for wedding advice?  He should be!  (Check out my Pinterest board of Ryan Gosling wedding advice!)  Chime in!

{Vendors} Photographer: Jen Disney / Venue: Maravilla Gardens / Caterer: Command Performance Catering / Cake: Skiff’s Cakes / Dress: Enzoani / DJ: Jason Jones of Elegant Entertainment / Flowers: Yamaguchi Nursery / Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaid / Make-up/hair: Cynthia Lauren

1. Posted Apr 11 at 7:25 am | Permalink

Any post that combines hay bells, Ryan Gosling and a tin watering can is a perfect post. You have such excellent taste in the weddings you feature! I love this wedding and all the detailing. Perfect 🙂

2. Posted Apr 11 at 7:54 am | Permalink

beautiful work Jen! congrats on the feature!

3. Posted Apr 11 at 7:54 am | Permalink

Love this! Great job Jen!

4. Posted Apr 11 at 10:17 am | Permalink

I love the photos Jen!! Really love the details shots, and also, how well you captured the emotions of this gorgeous couple. Awesome work!

And such a fun idea with the outdoor photo booth…nicely done 🙂

5. Posted Apr 11 at 10:22 am | Permalink

Really loving the soft peachy hues. Beautiful veil!

6. Posted Apr 11 at 11:48 am | Permalink

Gah! All of these are so beautiful. So many fabulous curls.

7. Posted Apr 11 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

Beautiful! Love all the feminine peachy details. The bride’s dress and veil are stunning as well – as is she! Lovely.

8. Posted Apr 13 at 6:31 am | Permalink

These images are so yummy! Oh how I wish I would have known about you when I got married Jen Disney. 🙂

9. Posted Apr 13 at 5:58 pm | Permalink

Love her shoes! Do you know where she got them?

10. Posted Aug 11 at 4:05 am | Permalink

Loving your shoes !
      Christine

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Love your guts from that fluffy hair on your head to those curled up toes ❤️ And don't forget to check out the blog today for a post on our experience with infant reflux and 7 tips for dealing with it, plus what products and treatments worked for us. Link in profile - tag your infant reflux and colicky baby parents. #22weeks #quincysweekbyweek #quincyrhys #whatquincywears #infantreflux #colic #momtips  If there's one bit of wisdom I could share with other parents that I have learned with absolute certainty as a mom of three it is this: sleep begets sleep. The better they sleep, the more they sleep. The more they sleep, the better they sleep. It might not make sense that putting your baby down at 7 instead of 8 or 9 will get him to sleep longer, but by god it does. I'm gonna share all of my tips on getting your babes to be good sleepers. But first I wanted to talk about infant reflux -- our experience with it and what has worked for us in dealing with it -- because I know many of you are also struggling with it. And it's just beyond the pits. So head to the blog tomorrow to read that post and I promise to get the sleep one up soon. I feel like I could write a whole book on it at this point. Maybe I should write a whole book on it... 🤔 Also, This picture of Quincy from his nap today is totally distracting me from getting any work done at all. Because those cheeks and lips are all I can handle right now  #quincyrhys
       Took the littles to @lacma to wear them out, but I think this one wore me out instead  #calvins2ndyear #OLDsfaveplacesinLA #lacma  I slay (my momma) #quincyrhys