• {Real Wedding} Alison & Brian: Vintage Boardwalk Wedding on the Jersey Shore

You know I love it when I get submissions from my bride readers.  Even better?  When their wedding is what Oh Lovely Day is all about!  Alison wrote me saying she used this blog for ideas the entire time she was engaged, which makes my day in a BIG way, especially after seeing her wedding photos!  See for yourself 🙂

Here’s a bit from the bride, Alison:

Brian and I grew up on the Jersey Shore.  If you haven’t noticed the Jersey Shore has been getting a bad rap lately (umm…Snookie) and we thought maybe we could showcase the old vintage beauty of Asbury Park, NJ.  When we first got engaged we thought about what we wanted and what we loved.  We both love photo booths and skee ball…and flea markets.  So the vintage boardwalk theme was created.  The save the dates was a photo booth strip of us that said “See you down the Jersey Shore, Summer 2011. Our invites looked like vintage posters.  I collected 65 old bottles that had towns of NJ printed on them and used them as vases for the center pieces.  Each table name was a vintage Jersey Shore town postcard.  Our escort cards looked like vintage tickets and we had them set up on a bed of tokens (which we won, in one day playing skee ball!).  We had a photobooth and our pictures were taken on the Asbury Park boardwalk and at the Silver ball Pinball Museum.  Guests left with favors of a glassine bag of Jersey Shore taffy (and hopefully a better idea of the Jersey Shore).

I love that the couple was able to take where they grew up and combine it with the things they love and create a cohesive wedding theme!  The details, favors, invites, photobooth… and OMGEEE that adorable ringbearer!  And I’m completely obsessed with the bride’s J.Crew gown!  LOVE.

I’ve never watched the Jersey Shore (really, I haven’t!) so my idea of it comes from Boardwalk Empire (not really, although that one I do watch), and now this lovely wedding!  Congrats on one year married to Alison & Brian!

{Vendors} Photographers: Megan Kyle and Christopher Frump Photography (no website) / Venue: Brielle River House / Hair and makeup by Hot Mess Studios Asbury Park / All clothing was from J.Crew / All paper goods by The Original Pear / Florals: Something Nice Florals

1. Posted Jun 11 at 7:03 am | Permalink

LOVE LOVE LOVE the bouquets!!!!

2. Posted Jun 11 at 7:26 am | Permalink

Great flower arrangements!

3. Posted Jun 11 at 9:20 am | Permalink

so many super cute details!

4. Posted Jun 11 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

Super cute couple and love her dress and shoes! Obsessed with the bouquets, they are perfection. Great looking wedding!

5. Anonymous
      Posted Jun 14 at 9:17 am | Permalink

Beautiful photos! By the way, I love your ring choice. So elegant and classy! I was going to go with Tungsten Rings, but I opted not to. I hear they are dangerous and break. Hopefully people offer up advice on jewelers to go to on this blog!

6. Lew
      Posted Jun 14 at 9:39 am | Permalink

This looks fantastic, personally. I love the idea of weddings that are natural and where the bride and groom can kinda let loose and have a good time. My wife and I got married in a place that we both loved as well, rather than just going with the traditional church. Funny thing though is that my ring broke a couple weeks later. Just fell on the ground and broke in half! Pretty interesting. Hope that didn’t happen to these two atfer their boardwalk wedding. Suffice to say our mariage hasn’t broken like the ring. If this happened to anyone, check this: http://www.facebook.com/BrknPromises

7. Anonymous
      Posted Jul 12 at 1:12 pm | Permalink

oh my god,,, how addorable!!! your a cute couple! congrats!

8. Posted Jul 19 at 12:36 am | Permalink

Wow, so romantic. Nice photos.

9. Posted Jul 30 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

The groom is really cool, and the bride is also great!

10. Posted Nov 21 at 12:10 am | Permalink

Beautiful Wedding! Nice photos. Thanks for sharing.

11. Posted Nov 21 at 12:45 am | Permalink

Romantic wedding party! The groom is really cool, and the bride is also great! They are so cute! Really like this couple!

•  Seriously cannot believe I'm saying this but, YOU ARE NINE MONTHS OLD! Your first 9 months of life sure did go by faster than your 9 months in my belly, and I didn't even know you were in there for the first 9 weeks! (Yep, I was totally that pregnant lady the third time around  but that's a story for another time...) You are feeding yourself, have still never had a bottle , are pulling up to standing, sprint crawling, finally cut your first tooth and are working on your second. You have regressed in sleep and the last week have been waking up 1-2 times a night but I know it's those teeth. You are not a good teether. You're babbling like crazy, mostly in this hilarious new demon voice, you often mimic sounds, and are always saying dadadada. How about a little mama, huh? I'm the one who has barely slept for 9 months through colic and reflux and nursing and night wakings and who carries you around on my person 90% of the time. I'm not bitter though. The smiles you save for me alone more than make up for it. #quincysmonthbymonth  Countdown to Halloween is on! Reminiscing about that time Charlie was @macklemore for Halloween, 2013. Kid was two weeks shy of three and played the part to a tee. What is your favorite costume you or your kids ever did? #isthatyourgrandmascoat #poppintags #charlieasmacklemore #babymacklemore #bornentertainer #charlesdashiell
       Continuing the Halloween theme today because I'm in a Halloween mood  Last year. My favorite movie as a kid became Charlie's favorite last year and he wanted to be Jareth so bad. I wasn't sure I could pull it off, but we did. Even down to dressing Calvin as Toby because he was the perfect age. I don't think it will ever get better than this for me. #dancemagicdance #babewiththepower #labyrinth  Motherhood is a constantly evolving state of total joy, exhausted agony, superhuman strength, and very human failures. As soon as you celebrate that superhuman successful day, it is replaced with new challenges. And just when you think you can't go one more day, you get a day so magical you want to have ten more babies. I'm in the midst of one of those exhausted phases again but I keep trying to remind myself that it is this phase that makes the magical days shine brighter. In the wise words of Miley Cyrus (I'm actually serious): it's all about the climb.  We've got this mamas. (Tag a momma who needs to get cheesy and read the words to a Miley Cyrus song ) #battlefieldmotherhood _______________________________________________ I can almost see it. That dream I'm dreaming, But there's a voice inside my head saying, "You'll never reach it." Every step I'm takin' Every move I make feels lost with no direction, My faith is shakin' But I, I gotta keep tryin' Gotta keep my head held high There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb The struggles I'm facing The chances I'm taking Sometimes might knock me down, But no, I'm not breaking I may not know it, But these are the moments That I'm gonna remember most  Just gotta keep goin', And I, I gotta be strong Just keep pushing on, 'Cause... There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb.