{It’s in the Details + Planning Tips} Thanking Your Wedding Guests

put thank yous at each place setting for your wedding guests | via oh lovely day

I’m a big fan of manners.  Charlie (my toddler) already knows how to say thank you, please, sorry, and even says “bless” when someone sneezes.  Thank you cards are a must, but why only thank your guests for gifts?  They should be thanked for attending your wedding and participating in your celebration.  Many of them spend a great deal of time, energy, and money to be there, and they likely have done a lot for you in your life, or you wouldn’t have invited them.  That’s why I love placing a thank you at each place setting.  Remind your guests how much you love and appreciate them!

I want to be clear that this in no way excuses you from sending the traditional thank you card for wedding gifts received.  A personally written card is also a must, but I think this makes for a nice and thoughtful touch for your guests.
I also wanted to mention that aside from the bottom left photo all of the thank yous have the same message.  It might be time to get more personal and creative – bonus points for that!
Do you love the detail of a thank you at each place setting?  How would you make the idea even better?

1. Posted Sep 6 at 4:36 am | Permalink

I agree, love the idea of a thank you at each place setting. Also agree, doesn’t get you off the hook for writing a real thank you card.

2. Posted Sep 6 at 6:58 am | Permalink

Our escort card was a traditional card with the guests’ names & table assignment on the front & a personalized thank you message on the inside. We used the thank you message shown in this post, then added a few personal lines for each guests. Our guests raved about it! Of course, we still sent traditional thank you cards for the gifts after the wedding.

3. Posted Sep 6 at 7:57 am | Permalink

LOVE the idea of thanking guests with pretty little notes like these! Ceremony programs are also a great place to add a thank you note, keep the guests busy before the festivities begin and help fill up any extra space.

4. Posted Sep 9 at 2:00 am | Permalink

Hello
    Great Blog

I design and make handmade wedding invitations.
    I invite You to my blog:

5. Posted Sep 9 at 6:42 am | Permalink

These are great! Thank yous for guests are always lovely.

6. Posted Sep 10 at 7:39 am | Permalink

Giving thanks to guests is a must! We love sweet notes that welcome guests to their place settings to start!

• Oh Lovely Day is the go-to blog on motherhood, product recommendations and parenting tips, family and home, and wedding.
  • shop my current favorite things

•  7 years and three babies ago we celebrated our one month wedding anniversary in Florence on our honeymoon. I miss having traveling adventures with you. We're on a different kind of adventure now (one with even better views but an even harder climb to the top) but someday we'll get to do this again. Side note: I also miss being this size, so I'll put that on the "hopefully someday" list too #goals #beforebabies #grainybutgood  Surprised this fella with a solo ice cream date after school today and it was good. The company and the ice cream.
     Can I please freeze time and keep him this sweet bonnet wearing, sling loving chubby baby forever? #allthefeels #themorebabiesyouhavethemorebabiesyouwant #quincyrhys  Cure for this heatwave? Slowly walking around in air conditioned Trader Joe's and buying all of the mini pumpkins  it worked for a little while.
%d bloggers like this: