• {It’s in the Details + Planning Tips} Thanking Your Wedding Guests

put thank yous at each place setting for your wedding guests | via oh lovely day

I’m a big fan of manners.  Charlie (my toddler) already knows how to say thank you, please, sorry, and even says “bless” when someone sneezes.  Thank you cards are a must, but why only thank your guests for gifts?  They should be thanked for attending your wedding and participating in your celebration.  Many of them spend a great deal of time, energy, and money to be there, and they likely have done a lot for you in your life, or you wouldn’t have invited them.  That’s why I love placing a thank you at each place setting.  Remind your guests how much you love and appreciate them!

I want to be clear that this in no way excuses you from sending the traditional thank you card for wedding gifts received.  A personally written card is also a must, but I think this makes for a nice and thoughtful touch for your guests.
    I also wanted to mention that aside from the bottom left photo all of the thank yous have the same message.  It might be time to get more personal and creative – bonus points for that!
    Do you love the detail of a thank you at each place setting?  How would you make the idea even better?

1. Posted Sep 6 at 4:36 am | Permalink

I agree, love the idea of a thank you at each place setting. Also agree, doesn’t get you off the hook for writing a real thank you card.

2. Posted Sep 6 at 6:58 am | Permalink

Our escort card was a traditional card with the guests’ names & table assignment on the front & a personalized thank you message on the inside. We used the thank you message shown in this post, then added a few personal lines for each guests. Our guests raved about it! Of course, we still sent traditional thank you cards for the gifts after the wedding.

3. Posted Sep 6 at 7:57 am | Permalink

LOVE the idea of thanking guests with pretty little notes like these! Ceremony programs are also a great place to add a thank you note, keep the guests busy before the festivities begin and help fill up any extra space.

4. Posted Sep 9 at 2:00 am | Permalink

Hello
      Great Blog

I design and make handmade wedding invitations.
      I invite You to my blog:

5. Posted Sep 9 at 6:42 am | Permalink

These are great! Thank yous for guests are always lovely.

6. Posted Sep 10 at 7:39 am | Permalink

Giving thanks to guests is a must! We love sweet notes that welcome guests to their place settings to start!

• follow oh lovely day on pinterest
    • Topics

Archives

• mens wearhouse
    • Sugarplum Lane Baby
    • Minted Wedding Stationery
    • Gilded Rentals

My Favorite Things

Shop For Your Honeymoon

Baby Must-Haves

• Our Wedding
    • Bloggers Wedding Advice
    • Lovely Ever After
    • oh lovely day on instagram
    •  I rounded up my favorite heirloom-worthy and cute collectible ornaments for kids, including several baby's first Christmas options. Head over to the blog to see them all and for direct links to buy (link in profile)
       Woke up with a sick baby at 4:30 am, got him back to sleep by 6, got one more hour of sleep till both kids woke up at 7, made Charlie's breakfast, got ready for court, nursed Calvin and got him down for a morning nap, drove Charlie to school where he showed his teacher I was wearing "work pants" and told me to have a good day, drove 40 minutes to court, appeared before two judges on two criminal cases and not only didn't sound like a total idiot but actually fooled them into thinking this was a normal day at the office for me (it was, before babies), stopped at target to buy yet another humidifier because both kids need one and they keep breaking and leaking all over our house, drove 40 minutes home and arrived just in time to nurse Calvin again. I may be tired and look a little rough, and I may have worn my Bella band on my suit pants because they don't actually fit yet, but I also proved to myself that I can be a working mom if I need to. Major renewed respect for all you working moms who balance that craziness everyday and manage to look put together and sound like your brain is functioning properly  today I feel like some sort of lawyerin momma blogger superhero and I'm gonna ride that high until I pass out from exhaustion. I can do it. We can do it. Go kick some ass today. Also, I love how Calvin grabs my hair when he nurses ❤️
    • Wedding Paper Divas Save the Date Card Sale