• {It’s in the Details + Planning Tips} Thanking Your Wedding Guests

put thank yous at each place setting for your wedding guests | via oh lovely day

I’m a big fan of manners.  Charlie (my toddler) already knows how to say thank you, please, sorry, and even says “bless” when someone sneezes.  Thank you cards are a must, but why only thank your guests for gifts?  They should be thanked for attending your wedding and participating in your celebration.  Many of them spend a great deal of time, energy, and money to be there, and they likely have done a lot for you in your life, or you wouldn’t have invited them.  That’s why I love placing a thank you at each place setting.  Remind your guests how much you love and appreciate them!

I want to be clear that this in no way excuses you from sending the traditional thank you card for wedding gifts received.  A personally written card is also a must, but I think this makes for a nice and thoughtful touch for your guests.
    I also wanted to mention that aside from the bottom left photo all of the thank yous have the same message.  It might be time to get more personal and creative – bonus points for that!
    Do you love the detail of a thank you at each place setting?  How would you make the idea even better?

1. Posted Sep 6 at 4:36 am | Permalink

I agree, love the idea of a thank you at each place setting. Also agree, doesn’t get you off the hook for writing a real thank you card.

2. Posted Sep 6 at 6:58 am | Permalink

Our escort card was a traditional card with the guests’ names & table assignment on the front & a personalized thank you message on the inside. We used the thank you message shown in this post, then added a few personal lines for each guests. Our guests raved about it! Of course, we still sent traditional thank you cards for the gifts after the wedding.

3. Posted Sep 6 at 7:57 am | Permalink

LOVE the idea of thanking guests with pretty little notes like these! Ceremony programs are also a great place to add a thank you note, keep the guests busy before the festivities begin and help fill up any extra space.

4. Posted Sep 9 at 2:00 am | Permalink

Hello
      Great Blog

I design and make handmade wedding invitations.
      I invite You to my blog:

5. Posted Sep 9 at 6:42 am | Permalink

These are great! Thank yous for guests are always lovely.

6. Posted Sep 10 at 7:39 am | Permalink

Giving thanks to guests is a must! We love sweet notes that welcome guests to their place settings to start!

• follow oh lovely day on pinterest
    • Topics

Archives

• mens wearhouse
    • Minted Wedding Stationery
    • Gilded Rentals

My Favorite Things

Shop For Your Honeymoon

Baby Must-Haves

• Our Wedding
    • Bloggers Wedding Advice
    • Lovely Ever After
    • oh lovely day on instagram
    •  Starting a new series on the blog: Oh Lovely Day's Favorite Places in LA. I'll share my favorite places to visit in the city and where we find local family fun. First up, a tour of a family favorite: @milkjarcookies (on the blog - #linkinprofile) And you can see our fave places by following #OLDsfaveplacesinLA here on @IG as well. And after you check out the tour, scroll one more post down to enter this month's giveaway!
       "We're artists aren't we mama? Artists are people." (because we turned our fingers blue dying eggs.) And can you tell Charlie's favorite color is blue?
    • Wedding Paper Divas Save the Date Card Sale