• {It’s in the Details + Planning Tips} Thanking Your Wedding Guests

put thank yous at each place setting for your wedding guests | via oh lovely day

I’m a big fan of manners.  Charlie (my toddler) already knows how to say thank you, please, sorry, and even says “bless” when someone sneezes.  Thank you cards are a must, but why only thank your guests for gifts?  They should be thanked for attending your wedding and participating in your celebration.  Many of them spend a great deal of time, energy, and money to be there, and they likely have done a lot for you in your life, or you wouldn’t have invited them.  That’s why I love placing a thank you at each place setting.  Remind your guests how much you love and appreciate them!

I want to be clear that this in no way excuses you from sending the traditional thank you card for wedding gifts received.  A personally written card is also a must, but I think this makes for a nice and thoughtful touch for your guests.
    I also wanted to mention that aside from the bottom left photo all of the thank yous have the same message.  It might be time to get more personal and creative – bonus points for that!
    Do you love the detail of a thank you at each place setting?  How would you make the idea even better?

1. Posted Sep 6 at 4:36 am | Permalink

I agree, love the idea of a thank you at each place setting. Also agree, doesn’t get you off the hook for writing a real thank you card.

2. Posted Sep 6 at 6:58 am | Permalink

Our escort card was a traditional card with the guests’ names & table assignment on the front & a personalized thank you message on the inside. We used the thank you message shown in this post, then added a few personal lines for each guests. Our guests raved about it! Of course, we still sent traditional thank you cards for the gifts after the wedding.

3. Posted Sep 6 at 7:57 am | Permalink

LOVE the idea of thanking guests with pretty little notes like these! Ceremony programs are also a great place to add a thank you note, keep the guests busy before the festivities begin and help fill up any extra space.

4. Posted Sep 9 at 2:00 am | Permalink

Hello
      Great Blog

I design and make handmade wedding invitations.
      I invite You to my blog:

5. Posted Sep 9 at 6:42 am | Permalink

These are great! Thank yous for guests are always lovely.

6. Posted Sep 10 at 7:39 am | Permalink

Giving thanks to guests is a must! We love sweet notes that welcome guests to their place settings to start!

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Happy lucky number 7 babe. Let's vow to have no babies and more date nights this year. ❤️  @jenroper  Apparently you wanted to sleep in your own room as well, because last night your brothers bunked up and you got the nursery all to yourself and slept like a champ. 7:30-3:30, quick feeding, then up at 6:30. Which means I got my first real night's sleep in 7 months. Encore encore!!!  #quincyrhys #quincysmilestones
       Sunday morning mood. It's how getting tossed in the air by your pops (if you're Calvin) or 8 straight hours of sleep (if you are me) will make ya feel  #calvins3rdyear  7 months old today, but momma won't be taking your 7 month photo today (probably not tomorrow either) because I'm so tired from your sleeping more like a 7 week old than a 7 month old. Did you not get the 3rd baby memo? If you don't give me more sleep soon I'm going to pull a Lindsay Lohan and check myself into a nice facility due to my "exhaustion" (except in my case it really will be exhaustion). Then who will you wake up all night, huh? So can you try and just wake me up once a night? Instead of 3? Deal? DEAL!!!? #seriouslysotired #quincyrhys