• {Real Wedding} Liberty & Jason: Vintage Country-Chic Wedding

Today’s wedding is right up my alley.  It’s a little bit vintage, a little bit country, and a whole lotta pretty!  Not to mention this bride is wearing the Kate Spade shoes I have been coveting for ages.  So much drool-worthy inspiration here, so get your cup of coffee, get comfortable, and get your pinning finger ready!

vintage country chic wedding from intertwined events | britt rene photo
    vintage country chic wedding from intertwined events | britt rene photo
    vintage country chic wedding from intertwined events | britt rene photo
    vintage country chic wedding from intertwined events | britt rene photo
    I saw a picture of Kevin Costner at his wedding with his bride and they had taken pictures in front of an old fashioned truck. I knew immediately I wanted to intertwine this truck idea into our wedding. At first, our save-the-dates had postage of a red old-fashioned truck that read “Getting’ Hitched!” And my uncle owns a car dealership and he just happened to have a 1950’s red truck! We drove this truck from the ceremony to the reception.
    vintage country chic wedding from intertwined events | britt rene photo
    vintage country chic wedding from intertwined events | britt rene photo | jenny b floral design
    vintage country chic wedding from intertwined events | britt rene photo
    {DIY}
    My bridesmaids and I DIY’d our s’mores favors – they took us about 3 hours to assemble the week of the wedding. The s’mores had a tag on them that said “Thanks S’more.” I also had wood signs engraved with “Jason Loves Liberty S’more” and “Liberty Loves Jason S’more.”
    vintage country chic wedding from intertwined events | britt rene photo
    vintage country chic wedding from intertwined events | britt rene photo
    {Personal Touches}
    I found a picture of a backyard wedding that had old fashioned lights strung across the yard and really wanted them for our wedding, but found they were very expensive to rent. My dad promised me that we would have the lights because they were very important to me. The week of the wedding my dad, fiancé, and uncle spent a day putting the poles in the ground and hanging the lights from the roof. They made a huge difference in the wedding because the lights brought a sense of romance once the sun went down!
    vintage country chic wedding from intertwined events | britt rene photo
    vintage country chic wedding from intertwined events | britt rene photo
    Jason and Liberty wanted to incorporate their love for vintage Americana (Jason is in the Army) and the outdoors. Using birchwood, moss, mazanita branches, daisies, rocks and other natural elements, Jason and Liberty created a wedding that was the perfect combination of their two favorite things.
    From Liberty:
    My vision for our wedding was a rustic, country theme. My main goal for the wedding was for guests to really feel like the wedding came from the heart. I wanted guests to see décor and special parts of the wedding and think, “oh my gosh, that’s the cutest thing I have ever seen!” I didn’t have a specific color scheme, but the wedding was made up of champagnes, ivory’s, laces, and a lot of wood!  More than anything I wanted everyone to feel the love that Jason and I share, and I tried to bring that out through the details of our wedding! Everything in our wedding was made possible by our amazing wedding planner, Katie Webb, from Intertwined.

Did I tell you?  The pretty florals, the fab bridesmaids’ style, the sweet DIY and personal touches, and THOSE SHOES.  I love every single thing.  It was, as the bride hoped, the cutest thing!  Plus I feel like I got a feel of who this couple is through their wedding, which I always think is the ultimate goal – it means you made your wedding YOU.  And such a job well done to all of the vendors involved.  So tell me, what’s your favorite part of this lovely country-chic wedding?
    {Vendors} Design and Coordination: Intertwined Events / Church Ceremony: St. Angela Merici Church / Reception Venue: Private Residence / Photographer: Britt Rene Photo / Stationery: Cherish Paperie / Florals: Jenny B Floral Design / Vintage Rentals: Found / Rentals: Create a Party Rentals / Late Night Snack: In n Out Truck / Bar Company: Heroes Bar & Grill / Catering: Stefanos / Cakes: Susie Cakes / Card Box: DIY by best man/groom’s brother / Stumps for cakes: made by bride’s uncle / Wooden signs, ring bearer box, flower girl box, and guestbook: Etsy / Large photos of the couple displayed at reception: Fullerton Photographics (they made 20×30 posters for us that they mounted to board – way cheaper than canvases!)

1. Posted Oct 3 at 9:58 am | Permalink

This is such a lovely wedding! I love the little details that made the wedding special. So very country chic and darling. I love the “dry bar”…very clever! xo

2. Posted Oct 3 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

That’s my cousin…woo hoo!

3. Posted Oct 3 at 7:15 pm | Permalink

I love the bridesmaids necklaces! I’m going to include it in my Friday Favorites. :)

4. Linda MCGUIRL
      Posted Oct 3 at 7:19 pm | Permalink

This wedding was perfect down to every last detail.

5. Posted Oct 4 at 1:31 am | Permalink

Amazingly beautiful! Kudos to the bride and groom for making such a great beautiful wedding. My wish is that they will be happy forever.

6. Posted Oct 4 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

Loving those bridesmaid dresses! Beautiful color palette.

7. Posted Oct 4 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous wedding. So much attention to detail. Love the fact that the bridesmaids all had a variation of pearls. Congratulations on a fantastic day!

8. Posted Jan 8 at 9:06 am | Permalink

Lovely! I love the bridesmaids and flower girl dresses! Do you know where she got them or what designer they are?

9. Jamie
      Posted May 1 at 7:08 pm | Permalink

Beautiful wedding! I am thinking about making the s’mores as my wedding favor. Do you recall where you purchased the boxes and what size they were?

Thanks!

10. Posted Oct 14 at 7:51 am | Permalink
    11. Nicole English
      Posted Feb 24 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

Is there a website you purchased those necklaces?? They would be perfect for my girls too!
      Thank you!!

Nicole

12. larenda swann
      Posted Feb 25 at 8:40 am | Permalink

Where did you get the bridesmaid necklaces???

13. Kandice
      Posted Aug 16 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

Hi. Love the little boxes for the Smores!! Do you remember where you found them?? Thank you!!

• follow oh lovely day on pinterest
    • Topics

Archives

• mens wearhouse
    • Minted Wedding Stationery
    • Gilded Rentals

My Favorite Things

Shop For Your Honeymoon

Baby Must-Haves

Bridesmaids & Events

• Our Wedding
    • Bloggers Wedding Advice
    • Lovely Ever After

Walking his catwalk, back and forth and back and forth, all the live long day. #calvins2ndyear
       This is Ella the Great, one of Charlie's good buddies and the daughter of a dear friend. Ella is 4 1/2 and was diagnosed on February 23rd with a Hepatoblatoma (liver) tumor that had metastasized to her lung. What followed was surgery to biopsy the tumor and a chest port implantation, chemotherapy, major surgery to remove the tumors, then more and more chemotherapy. Each round of chemo brought more challenges and more hospital stays. She and her family have braved each of these with such spirit and strength. It is beyond inspirational. It puts things into perspective. Ella is starting her last cycle of chemo today after low counts and complications kept pushing it back. With her momma's permission I wanted to share this today because I think we could all use a little perspective and I think she could use as much love, light, good thoughts, prayers, positivity, and whatever else you believe in or do, and whatever else you can send her way. All Ella wants is to be done with this and go to Hawaii with her family to celebrate. She is a #warriorprincess and she inspires me every single day. Go Ella!!!!  // if anyone wants to send any love directly to Ella, email me at chandra@ohlovelyday.com
    • Latest Pins on Pinterest