• {Styled Shoot} A Wanderlove Wedding: Inspiration for a Simple + Gorgeous Day

Today’s style shoot is one of those submissions that I get where I can’t believe my pretty-loving eyes!  I look at it and think: this is magazine-worthy and I am humbled that I get to share it with you.  And while styled shoots are often critisized for being over-the-top and unattainable, this shoot is the opposite: completely simple and absolutely lovely.  Can you tell I’m crushing on this shoot just a bit?

Here is the fictional concept from the photographer, Emma from Rose Wheat Photography:

Laura and Jordan, travelers for the past ten years, stumble upon the hills of Manhattan, Kansas. It is here that they realize, while walking down a trail that they have fallen in love. Jordan knew she was the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with, to travel with forever. Upon this realization, they decide to get married as soon as possible, using only the possessions in their suitcase (which included a gorgeous wedding gown, of course!) With bread and wine, they commune, a foot-washing they unite, and a with a kiss they seal their union.

wanderlove wedding inspiration shoot | rose wheat photography | via Oh Lovely Day

It just doesn’t get any prettier than that! And what perfect inspiration and lovely message to give to planning couples: all you need is a ceremony + each other to have a perfect wedding.  The rest is just icing on the wedding cake.  I also have to say that if I ever get married again (to the same fella, of course!) I want to look just like this bride.  I want her gorgeous gown, dainty floral crown, and beautiful hair and makeup – perfection!

If you want even more, head over to Rose Wheat’s blog for a poem and song that go with the Wanderlove story.

Side note: the handsome couple in this shoot is actually a real-life married couple & they just so happen to be celebrating their wedding anniversary TODAY!  So, can we all say *popping bubbly* cheers to them?  Many congrats!

{Credits} Photography: Rose Wheat PhotographyWedding gown: Celebrations of the Heart / Location: Prairiewood Retreat and Preserve, Manhattan, KS / Step stool: Gypsys on the Boulevard

1. Anonymous
      Posted Oct 15 at 6:20 am | Permalink

So lovely!! She is awesome.

2. Posted Oct 15 at 12:52 pm | Permalink

I love all the natural details…absolutely gorgeous!

3. Posted Oct 16 at 2:19 am | Permalink

Very interesting topic,and nice place celebrating their wedding anniversary.appreciate it for posting…

4. Posted Oct 16 at 2:35 am | Permalink

Beautiful images!

5. Posted Oct 16 at 10:16 am | Permalink

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6. Posted Oct 30 at 11:00 am | Permalink

What a gorgeous shoot!

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  When your shades and your shirt are meant to be  #charlesdashiell  On weekends, we nurse, cuddle, and nap together and it is my favorite. With the other boys I was always trying to get stuff done while they were napping. Since this is my last baby, I'm trying to really soak up all the moments I can -- one day I'll have plenty of time to get stuff done. For now I'll just be a hot mess that made the most of this baby time. Whenever I get a bit anxious about not getting things done, I re-read my favorite poem about motherhood: Mother, oh mother, come shake out your cloth! Empty the dustpan, poison the moth, Hang out the washing and butter the bread, Sew on a button and make up a bed. Where is the mother whose house is so shocking? She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking! Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue (Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby, loo). Dishes are waiting and bills are past due (Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo). The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo. Look! Aren't her eyes the most wonderful hue? (Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo.) Oh, cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow, But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust, go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby. Babies don't keep. Song for a Fifth Child By Ruth Hulburt Hamilton #battlefieldmotherhood #mommaandquincyselfies
       Summer. Heat wave. Mandatory. #calvinsfirstcone #calvins2ndyear  This is the sky over LA right now. Apocalyptic, filter free and full of smoke  Stay safe and indoors  #sandfire #losangeles