• {Styled Shoot} A Wanderlove Wedding: Inspiration for a Simple + Gorgeous Day

Today’s style shoot is one of those submissions that I get where I can’t believe my pretty-loving eyes!  I look at it and think: this is magazine-worthy and I am humbled that I get to share it with you.  And while styled shoots are often critisized for being over-the-top and unattainable, this shoot is the opposite: completely simple and absolutely lovely.  Can you tell I’m crushing on this shoot just a bit?

Here is the fictional concept from the photographer, Emma from Rose Wheat Photography:

Laura and Jordan, travelers for the past ten years, stumble upon the hills of Manhattan, Kansas. It is here that they realize, while walking down a trail that they have fallen in love. Jordan knew she was the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with, to travel with forever. Upon this realization, they decide to get married as soon as possible, using only the possessions in their suitcase (which included a gorgeous wedding gown, of course!) With bread and wine, they commune, a foot-washing they unite, and a with a kiss they seal their union.

wanderlove wedding inspiration shoot | rose wheat photography | via Oh Lovely Day

It just doesn’t get any prettier than that! And what perfect inspiration and lovely message to give to planning couples: all you need is a ceremony + each other to have a perfect wedding.  The rest is just icing on the wedding cake.  I also have to say that if I ever get married again (to the same fella, of course!) I want to look just like this bride.  I want her gorgeous gown, dainty floral crown, and beautiful hair and makeup – perfection!

If you want even more, head over to Rose Wheat’s blog for a poem and song that go with the Wanderlove story.

Side note: the handsome couple in this shoot is actually a real-life married couple & they just so happen to be celebrating their wedding anniversary TODAY!  So, can we all say *popping bubbly* cheers to them?  Many congrats!

{Credits} Photography: Rose Wheat PhotographyWedding gown: Celebrations of the Heart / Location: Prairiewood Retreat and Preserve, Manhattan, KS / Step stool: Gypsys on the Boulevard

1. Anonymous
      Posted Oct 15 at 6:20 am | Permalink

So lovely!! She is awesome.

2. Posted Oct 15 at 12:52 pm | Permalink

I love all the natural details…absolutely gorgeous!

3. Posted Oct 16 at 2:19 am | Permalink

Very interesting topic,and nice place celebrating their wedding anniversary.appreciate it for posting…

4. Posted Oct 16 at 2:35 am | Permalink

Beautiful images!

5. Posted Oct 16 at 10:16 am | Permalink

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6. Posted Oct 30 at 11:00 am | Permalink

What a gorgeous shoot!

• follow oh lovely day on pinterest
    • Topics

Archives

• mens wearhouse
    • Minted Wedding Stationery
    • Gilded Rentals

My Favorite Things

Shop For Your Honeymoon

Baby Must-Haves

Bridesmaids & Events

• Our Wedding
    • Bloggers Wedding Advice
    • Lovely Ever After

Sharing a super fun backyard Oregon wedding on the blog today. It's the kind of wedding that radiates fun and joy and that I'd totally love to attend as a guest, plus it's full of really great DIY and summer wedding inspiration.  @julietashleyphoto
       Days with you can be tough sometimes. You have a lot of feelings and there is a lot going on in that smart brain of yours. You want to know all the things. You want to be in charge of what you do. You want to have fun. You want to be grown up. I promise to let you have lots of fun and a little more control of you if you promise to stay little for a little longer. I promise to have more patience with you and remember that you are still little, even though you're my big boy. I promise to cuddle every night at bedtime because you love to cuddle me right now and you won't always. And I promise to always let you take pictures with my phone if you continue to leave me 100 selfies in a row like this. Love you my sweet boy.
    • Latest Pins on Pinterest