I so love this time of year. Baking cookies, wrapping gifts, seeing family and friends, and lots and lots of crafting fill my month, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I made these last year but forgot to photograph and blog them, so I thought I would do it this year. I saw them at anthropologie last year for like $20 a piece, and since I have a ton of mason jars I decided to DIY them instead.
This year I made three styles in three different sized mason jars, so there is a variety to choose from. I hope you like!
1. Spray paint your animals, trees (I sprayed some gold and left some natural) and your mason jar lids and rings (I left some silver and sprayed some gold)
2. Heat up your glue gun. Put a dollop of glue on the bottom of your tree and press it into the inside of the mason jar lid.
3. Continue doing this until you’ve placed whatever decor of trees or animals that you want for your globe on the lid. Then squeeze a very small amount of glue along the inside of the lid ring.
4. Place the decorated lid inside the glued ring and press down. Below are examples of the small, natural one I did and the medium sized gold one I did.
5. Next you need to add your snow to the jar. For the small jelly jar-sized mason I used one tablespoon of snow. For the half pint-size I used two. For the larger full pint mason, I used 4 (more on that below). Then screw the decorated lid into the snow-filled mason jar.