• {Real Wedding} Cassie & Bennet: Intimate Backyard DIY Wedding + Carnival-Themed Reception (Part 1)

whimsical pastel DIY wedding

Happy Monday!  I know not everyone gets excited for Mondays, but I love them because I usually have a lovely wedding to share with you, and today I have one of my favorite weddings EVER.  It’s so fabulous and there are so many great details and images that I’m sharing it in two parts.  Today is the sweet and small backyard ceremony the couple had for just family and close friends, and tomorrow will be the fantastic carnival-themed reception with the best DIY details you’ve ever seen!

whimsical pastel DIY wedding

Advice for planning couples?  Be yourself! It is easy to get caught up in pleasing everyone around you, but it is important to be able to look back at photos and see your own style shining through.

whimsical pastel DIY wedding
    whimsical pastel DIY wedding

I new I wanted all of my girls’ dresses to be different and unique to their styles, so I picked them out for them and gave them as gifts. Each dress got a different sash purchased from Etsy and I created custom lockets for each of the girls with a picture of us, the date of the wedding and a note inside.

whimsical pastel DIY wedding
    whimsical pastel DIY wedding

My bridesmaids and I walked down the aisle to “You’re Beautiful,” a beautiful worship song by Phil Wickham. The girls walked down while the song built and I walked down on the last verse *Fun side note: I trained for a half marathon in the Spring of my senior year in college.  I was on a killer hill on the last mile of nine mile training run when this song came on my playlist.  Listening to the incredible lyrics of the song completely inspired and overwhelmed me.  By the top of the hill I was in tears and knew that this was the song I would eventually walk down the aisle to… Bennett proposed three months later.  I also kept the song s surprise from Bennett. Needless to say, we were both tearful by the time I got down the aisle. Our recessional was “Beautiful Day” by U2. Such a victorious song!

whimsical pastel DIY wedding
    whimsical pastel DIY wedding

Tell us about your wedding style.  To be honest, I took just many of the things I love and just made them all fit into one day! I have long loved the vintage touch that inspired my dress and veil. I wanted the day to feel warm and bright and full of joy. The colors of the girls’ dresses were inspired by Spring flowers… and if you didn’t notice, nothing matched. In my book, when nothing matches, everything works 🙂

whimsical pastel DIY wedding

Didn’t I tell you!?  When I saw this bride’s style, and those bridesmaids’ dresses, I knew I was in love.  The details, the florals, the couple’s story… there is just so much here to be inspired by.  And you haven’t even seen the reception yet!  You just wait… the details and the bride’s gorgeous red dress will have you swooning.  And now for part two!

{Vendors} Vendors: All vendors were hired locally out of Knoxville, Tennessee:  Event Planning: 29:11 Event Studio / Photography: Jennie Andrews Photography / Flowers: Mulberries Floral Design / Cake: Sugarbuzz / Dress: Custom Lee Ann Belter from Wedding Wonderland / Bridesmaids’ Dresses: Modcloth / Suits: Express / Reception Site and Catering: Baker Peters Jazz Club

1. Posted Jan 28 at 7:40 am | Permalink

The flowers are to die for!!

2. Posted Jan 28 at 9:36 am | Permalink

That dress is AMAZING! Love the open back and lace detailing!

3. Posted Jan 28 at 11:10 am | Permalink

What a vibrant and sweet wedding – loving every bit!

4. Posted Jan 28 at 11:27 am | Permalink

LOVELY!! Beautiful colors and fabulous details. I too had each maid pick out a different frock- love the look, so chic 🙂

5. Posted Jan 29 at 8:04 am | Permalink

Great work! The colors really pop from the vibrancy.

6. Posted Jan 29 at 8:12 am | Permalink

Love the mix of colours! Fantastic x

7. Anonymous
      Posted Jan 29 at 10:30 am | Permalink

So pretty! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to see the reception.

8. Anonymous
      Posted Feb 1 at 5:25 pm | Permalink

Does Cassie have a blog? I’d love to see some of her DIY projects and how she did them!

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Got one little corner of the boys' soon-to-be-shared bedroom done today. Once the bunkbeds arrive I may totally rearrange things but for now I'm loving this @thelandofnod table for reading, doing puzzles, and there is a hidden bin underneath where I have a Lego topper hidden so we can make it a Lego table too. And store those puzzles with all of the little pieces that drive me insane  Can't wait to finish and share more of this room (and move Cal in so I can move Quincy into the nursery and maybe get a little more sleep!) You can see the design process and inspiration that I did with the design services team from The Land of Nod on the blog as well (link in profile). #projectsharedboysbedroom #calvins3rdyear  Waking up to the news of the devastation in Italy -- I left a piece of my heart there when we were on our honeymoon (this photo was taken in Orvieto). Sending thoughts and love to everyone there. So so sad.
       And just like that, Calvin is more little boy than baby  #calvins3rdyear #boyhood  L O V E ❤️ It really is all you need. What the world needs. What we all need. Am I right? #30weeks #quincysweekbyweek #quincyrhysambassadoroflove Adorable design by @heymamacase's sweet son Eddy and available in her shop @mamacaseprints