• {Styled Shoot} Rooftop Modern Silhouette New York City Wedding

It seems funny to call a city wedding a breath of fresh air, but today’s rooftop modern wedding shoot is just that. While I love a rustic barn wedding as much as most of you do, I also love to see something different. And I love mixing styles and ideas too, and this wedding has vintage touches using silhouettes throughout but combined them with an urban setting and did it all in a modern way.  And you’re going to die over this laser cut ceremony canopy!

purple bouquets in this modern wedding inspiration shoot | roey mizrahi events and amber gress photography lovely bride in this modern wedding inspiration shoot | roey mizrahi events and amber gress photography modern wedding inspiration shoot | roey mizrahi events and amber gress photography modern wedding inspiration shoot | roey mizrahi events and amber gress photography modern wedding inspiration shoot | roey mizrahi events and amber gress photography purple florals in this modern wedding inspiration shoot | roey mizrahi events and amber gress photography modern wedding inspiration shoot | roey mizrahi events and amber gress photography modern wedding inspiration shoot | roey mizrahi events and amber gress photography modern wedding inspiration shoot | roey mizrahi events and amber gress photography modern wedding inspiration shoot | roey mizrahi events and amber gress photography _MG_5872 _MG_5892 _MG_5958 modern wedding inspiration shoot | roey mizrahi events and amber gress photography modern wedding inspiration shoot | roey mizrahi events and amber gress photography modern wedding inspiration shoot | roey mizrahi events and amber gress photography modern wedding inspiration shoot | roey mizrahi events and amber gress photography modern wedding inspiration shoot | roey mizrahi events and amber gress photography modern wedding inspiration shoot | roey mizrahi events and amber gress photography modern wedding inspiration shoot | roey mizrahi events and amber gress photography modern wedding inspiration shoot | roey mizrahi events and amber gress photography modern wedding inspiration shoot | roey mizrahi events and amber gress photographymodern wedding inspiration shoot | roey mizrahi events and amber gress photography

I love how modern and fashion forward this inspiration shoot is and how it takes something like silhouettes and makes them fresh again.  The purple is so on point for fall too – you’re going to see LOTS of purple, I’m predicting! Between the bridal gown, the die cut ceremony canopy, and the silhouette details, I really can’t pick a favorite thing, can you?  Everything was done to perfection by Roey Mizrahi and captured beautifully by Amber Gress.

{Vendors} Wedding Planner/Event Designer: Roey Mizrahi Events / Venue: Top of the Garden / Photographer: Amber Gress / Wedding Dress/Reception Dress: Sarah Jassir / Bridesmaid Dresses: Twobirds /  Menswear/Clothing and Accessories: Bonobos / Florist: Dawn Melanie Designs / Headpiece/Veil: Hushed Commotion / Jewelry/Accessories: Vicolo Mio / Linens: Cloth Connection / Hair: Extensions by Jill / Makeup: SB Beauty / Cake: Sugar Flower Cake Shop / Paper Goods: MirrorMirror Designs / Furniture/Glassware/Mirrors/Unique gifts: Nectar Imports / Candelabras: Chelsea Marketplace / Furniture: Bungalow 5 / Chairs/Ceremony Laser Cut Canopy: Ruth Fischl High End Event Rentals / Silhouette Buttons: A flair for buttons

1. Posted Mar 7 at 8:04 am | Permalink

Ooh! Looks great thanks to all of our lovely peeps! Thanks so much for featuring!

2. Posted Mar 7 at 11:42 am | Permalink

love the idea of a rooftop wedding!

3. Posted Mar 7 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

what an honor to be featured on such a great blog!

4. Posted Mar 7 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

such a dreamy rooftop wedding! swoon.

5. Posted Mar 8 at 6:59 pm | Permalink

This was an amazing day with incredible vendors – roof top weddings in the city are stellar! How romantic and what a beautiful day!

6. Posted Mar 8 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

Rooftop weddings in the city are stellar!

7. Posted Mar 11 at 10:20 pm | Permalink

This wedding is so glamorous, and VERY New York. Though the photo colors were a bit muted, the look was perfect. Not only was their love apparent through all the beautiful smiles, her little white cocktail dress for afterward was to die for. And, of course, I’m a sucker for a wedding dress that shows off the woman’s back. 🙂

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  First pumpkin rolls of the season  I tried to make them in the shape of hearts like my mom does but Charlie said they look like pumpkins without stems and all I can see are boobs  #autumnhappylist  Watching these three interact with each other over breakfast makes me flash forward to seeing them doing the same thing as big boys and teenagers and it makes me smile and shed a little tear at the same time. And then I think about how much cereal and milk I'm gonna have to buy  #thefredrickboys #lifewithboys
       Quincy and I went to the #redCARpetsafety event today, which raises awareness for baby safety. Saw friends @uppababy @munchkin @ergobaby @babyganics & made some new ones like @thestep2company @showmeyourmumu as well. Quincy was making eyes at all the ladies, but he flirted the biggest with Caila with the good hair (which should totally be her hashtag). And all the new moms and moms-to-be were asking about this sling @mywildbird! Which made me think of a good #momtip: Taking Quincy on the go is so much easier thanks to babywearing and that @loyal_hana jumpsuit -- the hidden zippers make it so easy to nurse Quincy while wearing him in the sling. No one even knows I'm breastfeeding! Makes it so much easier to go places, especially with other little ones. I did a whole post on ohlovelyday.com about breastfeeding while babywearing if you want more tips! #OLDfavefinds #quincyrhys #babywearing #normalizebreastfeeding  If I got to take two naps a day I'd be this happy too.  And for all of you who have asked me about this playmat, I blogged all about it today -- link in profile. #OLDfavefinds #quincyrhys