Cooking family dinners, especially one my family wants to eat, can be a challenge. So when I was asked to create a quick and delicious recipe using one of Progresso’s Recipe Starters cooking sauces, I was excited to try something new. Here’s what I came up with.
Charlie’s Mexican Lasagna
- Flour tortillas
- Progresso Recipe Starters Creamy Three Cheese Sauce
- 1 can of Pinto or Black Beans
- 1 lb cooked, shredded chicken
- shredded Mexican cheeses
1. Cook and shred your chicken (I boil a lb of chicken breasts till cooked, then shred using my standing mixer – so easy!)
2. Preheat your oven to 350.
3. Using a 9×12 casserole dish, line bottom of dish with tortillas (mine took 3 to cover bottom).
4. Add a layer of shredded chicken over tortillas.
5. Pour 1/3 of Progresso Creamy Three Cheese sauce over chicken.
6. Add layer of your choice of beans over chicken and sauce.
7. Sprinkle shredded Mexican cheese on top.
8. Repeat steps 3-7 one additional time, layering like you’re making a lasagna.
9. Place dish in preheated oven and cook for 20 min (or until cheese is melted).
10. Cool, cut squares like lasagna, and serve.
11. Garnish with salsa, guacamole, or sour cream as desired.
My family loved this and is still eating the leftovers – in fact, it is even better reheated! What are your favorite delicious, quick and easy family dinners?
Compensation was provided by General Mills via Federated Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of General Mills. For more easy dinner ideas, visit http://progresso.com/Products/Recipe-Starters