After having two babies, I love when people ask me a great gift idea for a baby shower. While I usually advise to stick to the registry, sometimes there isn’t one or you’re looking for a gift for a second (or third, or fourth) baby. If you are looking for a cute and colorful gift for a baby, these are some of my favorites.
1. Honest Diapers: Diapers are always a welcome gift to any new parent — it is something that will definitely get used! And I love to buy a pack or two of Honest diapers because many moms who have older children didn’t get to try them the first time around and are interested in a more eco-friendly disposable diaper option. Plus, they are so damn cute. Even cuter – they also make diaper cakes!
2. 4Moms rockaRoo: I suggest this to any parent registering for a new baby. I’ve been very vocal of my love for both the mamaRoo and rockaRoo, but if you can only have or register for one, I say go for the rockaRoo. It replaces a traditional swing and works way better as well as taking up less space. Plus, you can play your mp3 player through it for some white noise and I haven’t heard of a baby who doesn’t love it and fall asleep in it.
3. Monthly Onesie stickers from Lucy Darling: These and a couple of packs of onesies in sizes 0-12 months make such a great shower gift! Calvin has this brightly colored set, but they also come in other patterns and gold. (You can see Calvin in his on my instagram feed under #calvinsmonthbymonth)
4. Freshly Picked Moccssins: Let’s face it — tiny baby shoes are always a hit at baby showers. And my favorite of all of the baby shoe options are Freshly Picked moccs. They are adorable, incredibly well made, fit and stay on every kind of baby foot (unlike those baby Toms that Calvin has that won’t fit his chubby feet), and come in every color imaginable.
5. Newborn Bootie, Hat, & Blanket set from Little Hip Squeaks: What’s sweeter than a newborn hat, bootie, and blanket set? Nothing really. It will get so much use in those early days of swaddling and snuggling and baby can even wear it all home from the hospital. The soft and colorful sets from Little Hip Squeaks are one of my favorite options out there.
Also, I shared my complete 15 baby shower gift picks over on Momtastic if you want to see the full list!
And because I haven’t rounded up my Momtastic posts for a bit, give these a read too if you’re interested:
- DIY Stain Remover that works on EVERYTHING (like poo and spit-up!)
- Review of the 4Moms Breeze Playard
- DIY Eczema Treatment (that works on my baby)
- How to Make a more natural homemade hand sanitizer
- Tips & Product Recs to transition to life with two kids
- How I Boosted My Milk Supply
You can find a full list of my articles for Momtastic here.
*this post contains affiliate links. if you click on the link and buy the product, I may make a (very) small commission, which helps me continue to bring you lovely content here on Oh Lovely Day. Thanks for the support! You can also bypass these links if you prefer.