I originally shared this stunning harvest shoot last fall, but I love it so much and think it is so perfect for this week that I had to revisit it and share it again. I’ll be sharing a round up of my favorite Cyber Week deals on Friday, including my favorite small businesses and brands and some larger sales as well. Until then, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. I’m thankful for so many things, but included in that are all of you: readers, followers, creatives, vendors, fellow mothers, bloggers, sponsors, and everyone who keeps Oh Lovely Day going. Thank you. Read More
If you follow me on instagram you saw I was busy making some fun fall goodies over the weekend. These DIY succulent pumpkins combine two of my favorite things: succulents and cute mini pumpkins. They are so easy to make, look fancier than just displaying mini pumpkins, make for great fall decor, and are also great for gifting! I made all of these while my older son and my husband carved a jack-o-lantern.
What You’ll Need:
- a variety of small succulents
- a variety of mini pumpkins and gourds (the smallest ones and the knobby gourds are harder to work with)
- a sharp paring knife
- a spoon for scooping
How To Make Them:
- As with carving a regular size pumpkin, cut the top off of the mini pumpkin or gourd with a paring knife. I tried a variety of sizes and found a small but sharp paring knife to work best, and feel the safest.
- Once you’ve cut the top off, scoop out most of the guts of the pumpkin.
- Choose one of your succulents and plant it inside the empty pumpkin. I found that the dirt that came with the plant was enough to fill the pumpkins, but if you choose a larger one you may need more.
- Display, gift, and enjoy! They are seriously that simple.
Don’t you love!? These are my new go-to decor for fall. I think I love them as much, or maybe more, than my bottle brush tree snow globes that are my Christmas DIY go-to! I’d love to see these if you make them, so be sure to post on instagram and tag them with #ohlovelyDIY so I can see!