• {DIY} Wedding Favor Glitter Confetti Bags

DIY glitter confetti favor bag

Today we have another DIY from Oh Lovely Day’s new DIY contributor, Courtney from A little glass box.  She has a fab project in store that you are going to LOVE.  Take it away, Courtney!

A big hello to all of you lovelies… I am so excited to be able to pop on over from A little glass box & share a fun DIY with you guys. I recently made some confetti bags for a party and thought it would be fun for guests at a wedding to throw instead of rice, or instead of blowing bubbles (for an indoor wedding of course). They couldn’t be any simpler to make.

Here is what I needed for this project: Scissors, confetti, liquid glue, a Q-tip for applying the glue, gold washi tape, mini treat bags (I used glassine bags), ribbon for embellishment (or anything you fancy) & gold glitter.

wedding favor confetti bag DIY

Step 1: I simply use the Washi tape to create a band on the bottom of the glassine bags and apply glue and glitter to it.

Step 2: After letting it dry, Fill it with some confetti (which I just made by cutting up tissue paper) but you can also purchase confetti at any local craft or party store.

wedding favor confetti bag DIY

Step 3: All that is left is to embellish the bag & this is where you can be as creative as you want to be. I punched out circle from a glittered piece of paper & tied it on with a ribbon. I even wrote a little message on the bag to the guests & the date of the event.

DIY confetti favor bags

They’re quite cute & wallet friendly.  I must say, I am smitten with anything that is shiny and small…so a little bag of sparkly paper goodies takes me to my happy place.  Thank you so much for letting me spend my day with you guys!

Aren’t those SO cute!  I’m obsessed and want a reason to make some myself.  You guys have to go over and check out Courtney’s blog alittleglassbox – she has so much lovely going on over there!  I can’t wait for her to share more projects with us.  So, who is going to make some of these fun favor bags?

1. Posted Mar 13 at 9:23 am | Permalink

These are adorable!

2. Posted Mar 13 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

Love this idea! Such a simple DIY and an easy way to add some personality to an event! Can’t go wrong with a little bit of sparkle :]

3. Posted Mar 13 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

Ooh, I love these! Wondering if I can somehow turn them into bigger sweet bags! I want glitter confetti at our wedding, but i’d be the one in charge of clean-up the next day, and well.. no! 😛

4. Ashley
      Posted Apr 23 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

how do you get the printed words on the bag?

5. Posted Oct 8 at 10:06 pm | Permalink

Love love love! So much I’m sharing it….tomorrow! xo

6. Jenna
      Posted Oct 26 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

Where did you get the filling for the bag, that cute square confetti…with the picture where it says, “Fill”?! I love it.

7. Posted Feb 13 at 3:37 am | Permalink

thats lovely 🙂

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Memorial weekend'n ❤️ #quincyrhys  Happy 4 months my chubby bunny! It's crazy to think that 8 years ago today your pops asked me to marry him and now here you are already 4 months old. You are happy and smiling 90% of the time and still screamy 10% of the time. Much better, but your unpredictable screaminess still pops up at the times when I'm trying to get out of the house or eat, usually both at once. I can take a hint. You are 17 lbs and almost 26 inches - putting you in the 90th % for height and 80th for weight. Oh, and your head is in the 94th % - which I'm fine with since it was a nice slightly below average size when you were born. You are hilariously huge  Your daddy says if you keep growing like this people are going to start calling you Hodor You have rolled from belly to back a few times (a small miracle given your size and how little floor time you've been able to have due to your reflux), scoot yourself with your feet when laying on your back, have reached for and grabbed a toy, and are a chatterbox. You like music, like being held in sitting and standing positions, and really wanna eat your hands. You are a champion napper -- usually taking a 2-3 hr one in the morning and a good afternoon one as well. I can even put you down without soothing you to sleep first and you fall asleep on your own - something that your brothers didn't do until at least 6 months old. You're sleeping from around 7:30 pm - 7 am, waking around 3:30 for a snack (you're totally not hungry either, you just miss me). You're just the cutest with your fat rolls and cheek dimps and duck fluff hair and big gummy smiles and you have everyone of us completely smitten.  #quincysmonthbymonth
       Not gonna lie, it's been reeeeeaally nice having an almost empty house this week while the big boys are out of town and it's just Quincy and me. It's so peaceful and clean.  But when I get sent pictures like this of my boys with my cutie pie nephew Braxton, I start missing them something fierce and can't wait to see them tomorrow. #theadventuresofcharlieandcalvin #brothersandcousins #sooooooomanyboys  We didn't remember to take his 4 month photos today (we'll just pretend the 26th is tomorrow ) but we did manage a photo for #rednoseday. Don't forget to donate! @rednosedayusa ❣#doitforthekids