• {DIY} Wedding Favor Glitter Confetti Bags

DIY glitter confetti favor bag

Today we have another DIY from Oh Lovely Day’s new DIY contributor, Courtney from A little glass box.  She has a fab project in store that you are going to LOVE.  Take it away, Courtney!

A big hello to all of you lovelies… I am so excited to be able to pop on over from A little glass box & share a fun DIY with you guys. I recently made some confetti bags for a party and thought it would be fun for guests at a wedding to throw instead of rice, or instead of blowing bubbles (for an indoor wedding of course). They couldn’t be any simpler to make.

Here is what I needed for this project: Scissors, confetti, liquid glue, a Q-tip for applying the glue, gold washi tape, mini treat bags (I used glassine bags), ribbon for embellishment (or anything you fancy) & gold glitter.

wedding favor confetti bag DIY

Step 1: I simply use the Washi tape to create a band on the bottom of the glassine bags and apply glue and glitter to it.

Step 2: After letting it dry, Fill it with some confetti (which I just made by cutting up tissue paper) but you can also purchase confetti at any local craft or party store.

wedding favor confetti bag DIY

Step 3: All that is left is to embellish the bag & this is where you can be as creative as you want to be. I punched out circle from a glittered piece of paper & tied it on with a ribbon. I even wrote a little message on the bag to the guests & the date of the event.

DIY confetti favor bags

They’re quite cute & wallet friendly.  I must say, I am smitten with anything that is shiny and small…so a little bag of sparkly paper goodies takes me to my happy place.  Thank you so much for letting me spend my day with you guys!

Aren’t those SO cute!  I’m obsessed and want a reason to make some myself.  You guys have to go over and check out Courtney’s blog alittleglassbox – she has so much lovely going on over there!  I can’t wait for her to share more projects with us.  So, who is going to make some of these fun favor bags?

1. Posted Mar 13 at 9:23 am | Permalink

These are adorable!

2. Posted Mar 13 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

Love this idea! Such a simple DIY and an easy way to add some personality to an event! Can’t go wrong with a little bit of sparkle :]

3. Posted Mar 13 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

Ooh, I love these! Wondering if I can somehow turn them into bigger sweet bags! I want glitter confetti at our wedding, but i’d be the one in charge of clean-up the next day, and well.. no! 😛

4. Ashley
      Posted Apr 23 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

how do you get the printed words on the bag?

5. Posted Oct 8 at 10:06 pm | Permalink

Love love love! So much I’m sharing it….tomorrow! xo

6. Jenna
      Posted Oct 26 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

Where did you get the filling for the bag, that cute square confetti…with the picture where it says, “Fill”?! I love it.

7. Posted Feb 13 at 3:37 am | Permalink

thats lovely 🙂

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  When your shades and your shirt are meant to be  #charlesdashiell  On weekends, we nurse, cuddle, and nap together and it is my favorite. With the other boys I was always trying to get stuff done while they were napping. Since this is my last baby, I'm trying to really soak up all the moments I can -- one day I'll have plenty of time to get stuff done. For now I'll just be a hot mess that made the most of this baby time. Whenever I get a bit anxious about not getting things done, I re-read my favorite poem about motherhood: Mother, oh mother, come shake out your cloth! Empty the dustpan, poison the moth, Hang out the washing and butter the bread, Sew on a button and make up a bed. Where is the mother whose house is so shocking? She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking! Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue (Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby, loo). Dishes are waiting and bills are past due (Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo). The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo. Look! Aren't her eyes the most wonderful hue? (Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo.) Oh, cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow, But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust, go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby. Babies don't keep. Song for a Fifth Child By Ruth Hulburt Hamilton #battlefieldmotherhood #mommaandquincyselfies
       Summer. Heat wave. Mandatory. #calvinsfirstcone #calvins2ndyear  This is the sky over LA right now. Apocalyptic, filter free and full of smoke  Stay safe and indoors  #sandfire #losangeles