• {DIY} Wedding Favor Glitter Confetti Bags

DIY glitter confetti favor bag

Today we have another DIY from Oh Lovely Day’s new DIY contributor, Courtney from A little glass box.  She has a fab project in store that you are going to LOVE.  Take it away, Courtney!

A big hello to all of you lovelies… I am so excited to be able to pop on over from A little glass box & share a fun DIY with you guys. I recently made some confetti bags for a party and thought it would be fun for guests at a wedding to throw instead of rice, or instead of blowing bubbles (for an indoor wedding of course). They couldn’t be any simpler to make.

Here is what I needed for this project: Scissors, confetti, liquid glue, a Q-tip for applying the glue, gold washi tape, mini treat bags (I used glassine bags), ribbon for embellishment (or anything you fancy) & gold glitter.

wedding favor confetti bag DIY

Step 1: I simply use the Washi tape to create a band on the bottom of the glassine bags and apply glue and glitter to it.

Step 2: After letting it dry, Fill it with some confetti (which I just made by cutting up tissue paper) but you can also purchase confetti at any local craft or party store.

wedding favor confetti bag DIY

Step 3: All that is left is to embellish the bag & this is where you can be as creative as you want to be. I punched out circle from a glittered piece of paper & tied it on with a ribbon. I even wrote a little message on the bag to the guests & the date of the event.

DIY confetti favor bags

They’re quite cute & wallet friendly.  I must say, I am smitten with anything that is shiny and small…so a little bag of sparkly paper goodies takes me to my happy place.  Thank you so much for letting me spend my day with you guys!

Aren’t those SO cute!  I’m obsessed and want a reason to make some myself.  You guys have to go over and check out Courtney’s blog alittleglassbox – she has so much lovely going on over there!  I can’t wait for her to share more projects with us.  So, who is going to make some of these fun favor bags?

1. Posted Mar 13 at 9:23 am | Permalink

These are adorable!

2. Posted Mar 13 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

Love this idea! Such a simple DIY and an easy way to add some personality to an event! Can’t go wrong with a little bit of sparkle :]

3. Posted Mar 13 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

Ooh, I love these! Wondering if I can somehow turn them into bigger sweet bags! I want glitter confetti at our wedding, but i’d be the one in charge of clean-up the next day, and well.. no! 😛

4. Ashley
      Posted Apr 23 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

how do you get the printed words on the bag?

5. Posted Oct 8 at 10:06 pm | Permalink

Love love love! So much I’m sharing it….tomorrow! xo

6. Jenna
      Posted Oct 26 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

Where did you get the filling for the bag, that cute square confetti…with the picture where it says, “Fill”?! I love it.

7. Posted Feb 13 at 3:37 am | Permalink

thats lovely 🙂

•  Seriously cannot believe I'm saying this but, YOU ARE NINE MONTHS OLD! Your first 9 months of life sure did go by faster than your 9 months in my belly, and I didn't even know you were in there for the first 9 weeks! (Yep, I was totally that pregnant lady the third time around  but that's a story for another time...) You are feeding yourself, have still never had a bottle , are pulling up to standing, sprint crawling, finally cut your first tooth and are working on your second. You have regressed in sleep and the last week have been waking up 1-2 times a night but I know it's those teeth. You are not a good teether. You're babbling like crazy, mostly in this hilarious new demon voice, you often mimic sounds, and are always saying dadadada. How about a little mama, huh? I'm the one who has barely slept for 9 months through colic and reflux and nursing and night wakings and who carries you around on my person 90% of the time. I'm not bitter though. The smiles you save for me alone more than make up for it. #quincysmonthbymonth  Countdown to Halloween is on! Reminiscing about that time Charlie was @macklemore for Halloween, 2013. Kid was two weeks shy of three and played the part to a tee. What is your favorite costume you or your kids ever did? #isthatyourgrandmascoat #poppintags #charlieasmacklemore #babymacklemore #bornentertainer #charlesdashiell
       Continuing the Halloween theme today because I'm in a Halloween mood  Last year. My favorite movie as a kid became Charlie's favorite last year and he wanted to be Jareth so bad. I wasn't sure I could pull it off, but we did. Even down to dressing Calvin as Toby because he was the perfect age. I don't think it will ever get better than this for me. #dancemagicdance #babewiththepower #labyrinth  Motherhood is a constantly evolving state of total joy, exhausted agony, superhuman strength, and very human failures. As soon as you celebrate that superhuman successful day, it is replaced with new challenges. And just when you think you can't go one more day, you get a day so magical you want to have ten more babies. I'm in the midst of one of those exhausted phases again but I keep trying to remind myself that it is this phase that makes the magical days shine brighter. In the wise words of Miley Cyrus (I'm actually serious): it's all about the climb.  We've got this mamas. (Tag a momma who needs to get cheesy and read the words to a Miley Cyrus song ) #battlefieldmotherhood _______________________________________________ I can almost see it. That dream I'm dreaming, But there's a voice inside my head saying, "You'll never reach it." Every step I'm takin' Every move I make feels lost with no direction, My faith is shakin' But I, I gotta keep tryin' Gotta keep my head held high There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb The struggles I'm facing The chances I'm taking Sometimes might knock me down, But no, I'm not breaking I may not know it, But these are the moments That I'm gonna remember most  Just gotta keep goin', And I, I gotta be strong Just keep pushing on, 'Cause... There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb.