• {DIY} Wedding Favor Glitter Confetti Bags

DIY glitter confetti favor bag

Today we have another DIY from Oh Lovely Day’s new DIY contributor, Courtney from A little glass box.  She has a fab project in store that you are going to LOVE.  Take it away, Courtney!

A big hello to all of you lovelies… I am so excited to be able to pop on over from A little glass box & share a fun DIY with you guys. I recently made some confetti bags for a party and thought it would be fun for guests at a wedding to throw instead of rice, or instead of blowing bubbles (for an indoor wedding of course). They couldn’t be any simpler to make.

Here is what I needed for this project: Scissors, confetti, liquid glue, a Q-tip for applying the glue, gold washi tape, mini treat bags (I used glassine bags), ribbon for embellishment (or anything you fancy) & gold glitter.

wedding favor confetti bag DIY

Step 1: I simply use the Washi tape to create a band on the bottom of the glassine bags and apply glue and glitter to it.

Step 2: After letting it dry, Fill it with some confetti (which I just made by cutting up tissue paper) but you can also purchase confetti at any local craft or party store.

wedding favor confetti bag DIY

Step 3: All that is left is to embellish the bag & this is where you can be as creative as you want to be. I punched out circle from a glittered piece of paper & tied it on with a ribbon. I even wrote a little message on the bag to the guests & the date of the event.

DIY confetti favor bags

They’re quite cute & wallet friendly.  I must say, I am smitten with anything that is shiny and small…so a little bag of sparkly paper goodies takes me to my happy place.  Thank you so much for letting me spend my day with you guys!

Aren’t those SO cute!  I’m obsessed and want a reason to make some myself.  You guys have to go over and check out Courtney’s blog alittleglassbox – she has so much lovely going on over there!  I can’t wait for her to share more projects with us.  So, who is going to make some of these fun favor bags?

1. Posted Mar 13 at 9:23 am | Permalink

These are adorable!

2. Posted Mar 13 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

Love this idea! Such a simple DIY and an easy way to add some personality to an event! Can’t go wrong with a little bit of sparkle :]

3. Posted Mar 13 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

Ooh, I love these! Wondering if I can somehow turn them into bigger sweet bags! I want glitter confetti at our wedding, but i’d be the one in charge of clean-up the next day, and well.. no! 😛

4. Ashley
      Posted Apr 23 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

how do you get the printed words on the bag?

5. Posted Oct 8 at 10:06 pm | Permalink

Love love love! So much I’m sharing it….tomorrow! xo

6. Jenna
      Posted Oct 26 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

Where did you get the filling for the bag, that cute square confetti…with the picture where it says, “Fill”?! I love it.

7. Posted Feb 13 at 3:37 am | Permalink

thats lovely 🙂

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Quincy and I went to the #redCARpetsafety event today, which raises awareness for baby safety. Saw friends @uppababy @munchkin @ergobaby @babyganics & made some new ones like @thestep2company @showmeyourmumu as well. Quincy was making eyes at all the ladies, but he flirted the biggest with Caila with the good hair (which should totally be her hashtag). And all the new moms and moms-to-be were asking about this sling @mywildbird! Which made me think of a good #momtip: Taking Quincy on the go is so much easier thanks to babywearing and that @loyal_hana jumpsuit -- the hidden zippers make it so easy to nurse Quincy while wearing him in the sling. No one even knows I'm breastfeeding! Makes it so much easier to go places, especially with other little ones. I did a whole post on ohlovelyday.com about breastfeeding while babywearing if you want more tips! #OLDfavefinds #quincyrhys #babywearing #normalizebreastfeeding  If I got to take two naps a day I'd be this happy too.  And for all of you who have asked me about this playmat, I blogged all about it today -- link in profile. #OLDfavefinds #quincyrhys
       Watching these three interact with each other over breakfast makes me flash forward to seeing them doing the same thing as big boys and teenagers and it makes me smile and shed a little tear at the same time. And then I think about how much cereal and milk I'm gonna have to buy  #thefredrickboys #lifewithboys  It's been one of those days (weeks, months, years) where everything is going wrong. Been up since 4:45 since I couldn't get Quincy back to sleep after a feeding. Calvin fell asleep in the stroller on a walk at 10:30 (something he hasn't done since he was like 5 months old!) so his normal nap (my break to eat/shower/work/rest or only have one child to care for for a couple hours) is gone for the day. Quincy pooped all over himself so bad that we were both literally covered in . And he's already woken up from his afternoon nap after only 45 very short minutes. And I'm supposed to have a date with my husband tonight except I'm exhausted and covered in  and have no time to do anything about either one. Oh, and I fell down the stairs (sore but not hurt). Motherhood: somedays you win, somedays you lose. But on all the days you are, to some extent in this season of motherhood, covered in shit.  Here's hoping the weekend is less shitty, in all the ways. #beerme #battlefieldmotherhood