• {It’s in the Details} Guestbook Alternatives

Maybe it is just me, but I think the “wedding guestbook” is a throw-away detail.  Brides are overwhelmed with invitations and florals and gowns, and rightly so.  But if you are a follower of this blog you know my motto:  “make your wedding YOU” and I think the guestbook is a great place to show your personality and have a little fun.  No traditional guestbooks or signed photo mats here!

Make sure you can send birthday love to all of your guests
    who showed you love on your special day:
     Let guests have fun while giving you advice, mad-lib style:

For wine-lovers or vineyard weddings:

Let guests leave their mark and hang it as art in your home:
    {Clockwise: 1 & 2 from Bleu de Toi (2 via Engaged and Inspired),
     Incorporate a sport you love to do together:
     For the book enthusiasts:
    And I’ve shown this one before, but I LOVE it!  For game playing couples:
    What is your favorite guestbook alternative idea?

1. Posted May 26 at 5:12 am | Permalink

I love the calendar one! But I wanted to let you in on one more! My dad is making a bench for us, like one that goes at the foot of the bed or in the foyer and we’re going to have everyone sign that. “GuestBENCH”
      Thanks for the post! These are all really fun ideas!

2. Posted May 26 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

I love all of these but I think the calendar one is SO brilliant. I have never seen the Jenga one and I absolutely love that one too!

3. Posted May 27 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

Thanks for posting our library card guest book! We feel so special 🙂

4. Posted May 27 at 11:49 pm | Permalink

Such a fabulously amazing roundup of ideas!!! I adore the birthday idea ~ it would be fabulous to have them all in one spot ;-)) And mad-libs are always a hoot! But I love the book idea too ;-))

5. Posted Jul 17 at 4:49 am | Permalink

We framed one of our engagement portraits with a wide mat and had people sign that. We did a smaller frame for our second reception guests to sign too. They both hang in our home. 🙂

6. Posted Apr 6 at 10:36 am | Permalink

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well
      written article. I’ll make sure to bookmark it and come back to
      read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post.
      I will certainly comeback.

7. Posted Aug 1 at 10:00 pm | Permalink

It’s awesome for me to have a site, which is useful in favor of
      my experience. thanks admin

8. Posted Oct 7 at 10:14 pm | Permalink

Hi colleagues, how is everything, and what you want to say concerning this
      paragraph, in my view its truly awesome in support of me.

9. Posted Jul 11 at 4:36 am | Permalink

Hello Dear, are you genuinely visiting this web page on a regular basis,
      if so then you will absolutely take good experience.

•  You know what is a great motivator? Not wanting to be outdone by your big bro. Cause look who's pulling himself up, so he can keep up  #quincysmilestones #calvinandquincy #lawdhelpme #charlieandcalsroomredo  There were very few baby things I hadn't yet tried by the time I had Quincy but I hadn't really used a sling before. I got my first sling when I was still pregnant with Q and tried it with Calvin, but once Cal was walking he never wanted to be carried. He's far too busy for all that. So Quincy is the first baby I've used a sling with, and I feel like I really missed out with the other two. I had and loved other carriers with them (and still do) but there is just something about the sling that is magical and it is my carrier of choice right now. It is convenient (you can keep it threaded and just throw it on), it is cozy, it doesn't tightly wrap behind my back which always makes me sweaty, and I can nurse while Quincy is in it which has been a lifesaver. I'm actually nursing him in this photo! I'm sharing photos from our recent visit to the pumpkin patch and how I got to do all the things with my family while wearing Quincy in the sling because I didn't have to stay with him in the stroller or go find a place to nurse him. He chilled, ate, and napped in my sling. And because I love it so much I'm teaming up with @mywildbird to give one reader a sling of their choice! Head to my blog to enter (link in profile) and tell your friends  #OLDfavefinds #babywearing #mywildbird #giveaway #fredrickfamfallfun
       And just like that, summer is back  Take me back to the fall weather of two days ago! Also, take me back to when this kid slept past 5 am and took naps. For a week now, between 4:30-5:30 am this kid climbs up on our bed over top of me and proceeds to squrim, poke, and annoy me till I get up. Quincy's sleeping till 6 or later FINALLY and now Calvin is waking me up!? And he refused to nap today (again) too. Seriously you guys, he's killin' me. He looks real cute in rain gear but if he does it again tonight he's headed to toddler military school. #sotiredineedanewwordfortired #calvins3rdyear #battlefieldmotherhood  The look you get when your mom puts on some JT for your photoshoot. Hashtag: feeling it. Posted a little bts on stories/snap too. #quincysgotmovesliketimberlake #38weeks #quincysweekbyweek