• {It’s in the Details} Guestbook Alternatives

Maybe it is just me, but I think the “wedding guestbook” is a throw-away detail.  Brides are overwhelmed with invitations and florals and gowns, and rightly so.  But if you are a follower of this blog you know my motto:  “make your wedding YOU” and I think the guestbook is a great place to show your personality and have a little fun.  No traditional guestbooks or signed photo mats here!

Make sure you can send birthday love to all of your guests
    who showed you love on your special day:
     Let guests have fun while giving you advice, mad-lib style:

For wine-lovers or vineyard weddings:

Let guests leave their mark and hang it as art in your home:
    {Clockwise: 1 & 2 from Bleu de Toi (2 via Engaged and Inspired),
     Incorporate a sport you love to do together:
     For the book enthusiasts:
    And I’ve shown this one before, but I LOVE it!  For game playing couples:
    What is your favorite guestbook alternative idea?

1. Posted May 26 at 5:12 am | Permalink

I love the calendar one! But I wanted to let you in on one more! My dad is making a bench for us, like one that goes at the foot of the bed or in the foyer and we’re going to have everyone sign that. “GuestBENCH”
      Thanks for the post! These are all really fun ideas!

2. Posted May 26 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

I love all of these but I think the calendar one is SO brilliant. I have never seen the Jenga one and I absolutely love that one too!

3. Posted May 27 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

Thanks for posting our library card guest book! We feel so special 🙂

4. Posted May 27 at 11:49 pm | Permalink

Such a fabulously amazing roundup of ideas!!! I adore the birthday idea ~ it would be fabulous to have them all in one spot ;-)) And mad-libs are always a hoot! But I love the book idea too ;-))

xoxo
      kristi

5. Posted Jul 17 at 4:49 am | Permalink

We framed one of our engagement portraits with a wide mat and had people sign that. We did a smaller frame for our second reception guests to sign too. They both hang in our home. 🙂

6. Posted Apr 6 at 10:36 am | Permalink

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well
      written article. I’ll make sure to bookmark it and come back to
      read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post.
      I will certainly comeback.

7. Posted Aug 1 at 10:00 pm | Permalink

It’s awesome for me to have a site, which is useful in favor of
      my experience. thanks admin

8. Posted Oct 7 at 10:14 pm | Permalink

Hi colleagues, how is everything, and what you want to say concerning this
      paragraph, in my view its truly awesome in support of me.

9. Posted Jul 11 at 4:36 am | Permalink

Hello Dear, are you genuinely visiting this web page on a regular basis,
      if so then you will absolutely take good experience.

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  I know someday you won't want to hold my hand anymore, but I sure do hope that day is still very far away. Like 10-15 years maybe?  #battlefieldmotherhood  First pumpkin rolls of the season  I tried to make them in the shape of hearts like my mom does but Charlie said they look like pumpkins without stems and all I can see are boobs  #autumnhappylist
       Had the best time with my biggest boy at the @nhmla today. He's been there so many times since we have a membership that he has an order he likes to follow. But I surprised him by taking him on Dinofest weekend and he loved it so much he didn't even mind that it was too crowded to see the butterflies today or that we couldn't see everything. Sometimes it is so good for the both of us to have some time together, away from the babies. Like the old days. #charlesdashiell #mommacharliedateday #oldsfaveplacesinla  Quincy and I went to the #redCARpetsafety event today, which raises awareness for baby safety. Saw friends @uppababy @munchkin @ergobaby @babyganics & made some new ones like @thestep2company @showmeyourmumu as well. Quincy was making eyes at all the ladies, but he flirted the biggest with Caila with the good hair (which should totally be her hashtag). And all the new moms and moms-to-be were asking about this sling @mywildbird! Which made me think of a good #momtip: Taking Quincy on the go is so much easier thanks to babywearing and that @loyal_hana jumpsuit -- the hidden zippers make it so easy to nurse Quincy while wearing him in the sling. No one even knows I'm breastfeeding! Makes it so much easier to go places, especially with other little ones. I did a whole post on ohlovelyday.com about breastfeeding while babywearing if you want more tips! #OLDfavefinds #quincyrhys #babywearing #normalizebreastfeeding