• {It’s in the Details} Cootie Catcher Menus

I LOVE cootie catchers. They remind me of being a kid and playing silly games with my friends.  You know, the “who will you marry, where will you live, what will your kid’s name be” game. My maid of honor Kate made them into menus for my wedding.  They were so different and whimsical and my guests were big fans because of the nostalgia and fun.

I think the cootie catcher menus fit in with any kind of wedding (modern, traditional, vintage, etc.) because they add a bit of fun for your guests.

My catagories on the outside were “first course,” “main entree,” “something sweet,” and “late night snacks” with the selected menu items listed inside the fold.  The outside had our wedding monogram, our wedding date, and “dinner menu” – for those who couldn’t pick up on the obvious 🙂  The menus were a good place to personalize a detail and incorporate a running theme from our paper goods, which was our monogram.

Photos by Jennifer Roper from my wedding, which you can see more of here.

UPDATE: I shared a DIY tutorial for these here.

1. Posted Aug 12 at 5:20 am | Permalink

Loving these! Such a creative idea. Plus it’s a conversation starter too 🙂 – Happy Friday

xoxo, chrissy
      The Perfect Palette

2. Posted Aug 12 at 5:31 am | Permalink

Such a cute idea!

3. Posted Aug 12 at 9:04 am | Permalink

Looooove this idea! 🙂

4. Posted Aug 12 at 10:39 am | Permalink

What a fun idea- definitely takes me back to elementary school days 🙂 Such a great spin on traditional menus!

5. Posted Aug 12 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

I’ve seen this done with a few different pieces of wedding day paper. But it’s always a fun way to get your guests participating/chatting/laughing, definitely.

6. Posted Aug 12 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

too fun! I’ve seen them for weddings but never as a menu!

7. Posted Aug 12 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

These are the only cooties I like!

8. Posted Aug 15 at 4:08 am | Permalink

These are a splendid idea! Love ’em!
      -E.

9. Posted Aug 28 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

What a fun idea for a menu! Reminds me of when i was a little kid! 🙂

10. Posted Dec 9 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

Reminds me of the credits for Community! 😉

11. Vicki Paris Robbins
      Posted Jan 31 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Hi…I adore these…. would love to have these made/printed for a wedding. Anybody know how these were done…ie. a printing company. I tried to find Tilde Design on Etsy and the site won’t come up….HELP

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Happy 5 months (and 2 days) my happy happy boy. This last month has been such a turnaround. You pretty much look like this allllll the time. You are such a happy little love and when you smile you light up. And you have these dimples  You are a chubby 18 lbs, are rolling and razzing and squawking. You are grabbing your feet and putting everything in your mouth. You pretty much go with the flow these days. The only time you aren't happy is when you want attention. You are really ticklish under your chin and laugh big belly laughs. You love both of your brothers' attention, and handle Calvin's craziness pretty well. You like when I sing to you. We go on adventures now. You still aren't completely sleeping through the night, but one wake up isn't bad and you transitioned from a swaddle to sleepsack and into your bassinet like a champ. You're my best napper. And you are just such a joy. I'm kind of obsessed with you Q. And considering how we started, that's really saying something  #quincysmonthbymonth #quincyrhys  Love your guts from that fluffy hair on your head to those curled up toes ❤️ And don't forget to check out the blog today for a post on our experience with infant reflux and 7 tips for dealing with it, plus what products and treatments worked for us. Link in profile - tag your infant reflux and colicky baby parents. #22weeks #quincysweekbyweek #quincyrhys #whatquincywears #infantreflux #colic #momtips
       It seems like only yesterday I was bringing Charlie here at this age (there's even a video of Charlie wearing this exact shirt there in the #charlielovestheyellownoodles feed!) And now #calvinlovestheyellownoodles too. I'm gonna blink and Quincy will be doing the same thing. They grow up way too fast -- I'm so grateful to have this time with them. #thesearethedays #calvins2ndyear  Took the littles to @lacma to wear them out, but I think this one wore me out instead  #calvins2ndyear #OLDsfaveplacesinLA #lacma