• {It’s in the Details} Cootie Catcher Menus

I LOVE cootie catchers. They remind me of being a kid and playing silly games with my friends.  You know, the “who will you marry, where will you live, what will your kid’s name be” game. My maid of honor Kate made them into menus for my wedding.  They were so different and whimsical and my guests were big fans because of the nostalgia and fun.

I think the cootie catcher menus fit in with any kind of wedding (modern, traditional, vintage, etc.) because they add a bit of fun for your guests.

My catagories on the outside were “first course,” “main entree,” “something sweet,” and “late night snacks” with the selected menu items listed inside the fold.  The outside had our wedding monogram, our wedding date, and “dinner menu” – for those who couldn’t pick up on the obvious 🙂  The menus were a good place to personalize a detail and incorporate a running theme from our paper goods, which was our monogram.

Photos by Jennifer Roper from my wedding, which you can see more of here.

UPDATE: I shared a DIY tutorial for these here.

1. Posted Aug 12 at 5:20 am | Permalink

Loving these! Such a creative idea. Plus it’s a conversation starter too 🙂 – Happy Friday

xoxo, chrissy
      The Perfect Palette

2. Posted Aug 12 at 5:31 am | Permalink

Such a cute idea!

3. Posted Aug 12 at 9:04 am | Permalink

Looooove this idea! 🙂

4. Posted Aug 12 at 10:39 am | Permalink

What a fun idea- definitely takes me back to elementary school days 🙂 Such a great spin on traditional menus!

5. Posted Aug 12 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

I’ve seen this done with a few different pieces of wedding day paper. But it’s always a fun way to get your guests participating/chatting/laughing, definitely.

6. Posted Aug 12 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

too fun! I’ve seen them for weddings but never as a menu!

7. Posted Aug 12 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

These are the only cooties I like!

8. Posted Aug 15 at 4:08 am | Permalink

These are a splendid idea! Love ’em!

9. Posted Aug 28 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

What a fun idea for a menu! Reminds me of when i was a little kid! 🙂

10. Posted Dec 9 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

Reminds me of the credits for Community! 😉

11. Vicki Paris Robbins
      Posted Jan 31 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Hi…I adore these…. would love to have these made/printed for a wedding. Anybody know how these were done…ie. a printing company. I tried to find Tilde Design on Etsy and the site won’t come up….HELP

12. Posted Jul 11 at 11:49 am | Permalink

I was searching some ideas for the wedding of my cousin and this is such a great idea, I LOVE IT!

•  Seriously cannot believe I'm saying this but, YOU ARE NINE MONTHS OLD! Your first 9 months of life sure did go by faster than your 9 months in my belly, and I didn't even know you were in there for the first 9 weeks! (Yep, I was totally that pregnant lady the third time around  but that's a story for another time...) You are feeding yourself, have still never had a bottle , are pulling up to standing, sprint crawling, finally cut your first tooth and are working on your second. You have regressed in sleep and the last week have been waking up 1-2 times a night but I know it's those teeth. You are not a good teether. You're babbling like crazy, mostly in this hilarious new demon voice, you often mimic sounds, and are always saying dadadada. How about a little mama, huh? I'm the one who has barely slept for 9 months through colic and reflux and nursing and night wakings and who carries you around on my person 90% of the time. I'm not bitter though. The smiles you save for me alone more than make up for it. #quincysmonthbymonth  Countdown to Halloween is on! Reminiscing about that time Charlie was @macklemore for Halloween, 2013. Kid was two weeks shy of three and played the part to a tee. What is your favorite costume you or your kids ever did? #isthatyourgrandmascoat #poppintags #charlieasmacklemore #babymacklemore #bornentertainer #charlesdashiell
       Continuing the Halloween theme today because I'm in a Halloween mood  Last year. My favorite movie as a kid became Charlie's favorite last year and he wanted to be Jareth so bad. I wasn't sure I could pull it off, but we did. Even down to dressing Calvin as Toby because he was the perfect age. I don't think it will ever get better than this for me. #dancemagicdance #babewiththepower #labyrinth  Motherhood is a constantly evolving state of total joy, exhausted agony, superhuman strength, and very human failures. As soon as you celebrate that superhuman successful day, it is replaced with new challenges. And just when you think you can't go one more day, you get a day so magical you want to have ten more babies. I'm in the midst of one of those exhausted phases again but I keep trying to remind myself that it is this phase that makes the magical days shine brighter. In the wise words of Miley Cyrus (I'm actually serious): it's all about the climb.  We've got this mamas. (Tag a momma who needs to get cheesy and read the words to a Miley Cyrus song ) #battlefieldmotherhood _______________________________________________ I can almost see it. That dream I'm dreaming, But there's a voice inside my head saying, "You'll never reach it." Every step I'm takin' Every move I make feels lost with no direction, My faith is shakin' But I, I gotta keep tryin' Gotta keep my head held high There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb The struggles I'm facing The chances I'm taking Sometimes might knock me down, But no, I'm not breaking I may not know it, But these are the moments That I'm gonna remember most  Just gotta keep goin', And I, I gotta be strong Just keep pushing on, 'Cause... There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb.