• {It’s in the Details} Cootie Catcher Menus

I LOVE cootie catchers. They remind me of being a kid and playing silly games with my friends.  You know, the “who will you marry, where will you live, what will your kid’s name be” game. My maid of honor Kate made them into menus for my wedding.  They were so different and whimsical and my guests were big fans because of the nostalgia and fun.

I think the cootie catcher menus fit in with any kind of wedding (modern, traditional, vintage, etc.) because they add a bit of fun for your guests.

My catagories on the outside were “first course,” “main entree,” “something sweet,” and “late night snacks” with the selected menu items listed inside the fold.  The outside had our wedding monogram, our wedding date, and “dinner menu” – for those who couldn’t pick up on the obvious 🙂  The menus were a good place to personalize a detail and incorporate a running theme from our paper goods, which was our monogram.

Photos by Jennifer Roper from my wedding, which you can see more of here.

UPDATE: I shared a DIY tutorial for these here.

1. Posted Aug 12 at 5:20 am | Permalink

Loving these! Such a creative idea. Plus it’s a conversation starter too 🙂 – Happy Friday

xoxo, chrissy
      The Perfect Palette

2. Posted Aug 12 at 5:31 am | Permalink

Such a cute idea!

3. Posted Aug 12 at 9:04 am | Permalink

Looooove this idea! 🙂

4. Posted Aug 12 at 10:39 am | Permalink

What a fun idea- definitely takes me back to elementary school days 🙂 Such a great spin on traditional menus!

5. Posted Aug 12 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

I’ve seen this done with a few different pieces of wedding day paper. But it’s always a fun way to get your guests participating/chatting/laughing, definitely.

6. Posted Aug 12 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

too fun! I’ve seen them for weddings but never as a menu!

7. Posted Aug 12 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

These are the only cooties I like!

8. Posted Aug 15 at 4:08 am | Permalink

These are a splendid idea! Love ’em!
      -E.

9. Posted Aug 28 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

What a fun idea for a menu! Reminds me of when i was a little kid! 🙂

10. Posted Dec 9 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

Reminds me of the credits for Community! 😉

11. Vicki Paris Robbins
      Posted Jan 31 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Hi…I adore these…. would love to have these made/printed for a wedding. Anybody know how these were done…ie. a printing company. I tried to find Tilde Design on Etsy and the site won’t come up….HELP

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Kind of obsessed with this invitation suite from @minted for a desert wedding. It's the kind of stationery suite that you could design an entire wedding around and it would be  #mintedweddings  Having our best week yet -- a bit more sleep, a bit less reflux, and constant smiles. You were even awake in the car today for over an hour and never made one unhappy sound. I guess it takes 17 weeks to reach your happy place 🤗 (also, I could barely snap this outfit, which makes me reeeeaaaal sad because it's my favorite) #quincysweekbyweek #quincyrhys #quincysmilestones
       Can I freeze time and keep him a yummy baby forever?  #quincyrhys  My husband is voluntarily taking these two on a plane, alone, with connections, and with Calvin as a lap child. What a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man. Yes he is. ❤️ #thefredrickboys #ergodad