• {It’s in the Details} Cootie Catcher Menus

I LOVE cootie catchers. They remind me of being a kid and playing silly games with my friends.  You know, the “who will you marry, where will you live, what will your kid’s name be” game. My maid of honor Kate made them into menus for my wedding.  They were so different and whimsical and my guests were big fans because of the nostalgia and fun.

I think the cootie catcher menus fit in with any kind of wedding (modern, traditional, vintage, etc.) because they add a bit of fun for your guests.

My catagories on the outside were “first course,” “main entree,” “something sweet,” and “late night snacks” with the selected menu items listed inside the fold.  The outside had our wedding monogram, our wedding date, and “dinner menu” – for those who couldn’t pick up on the obvious 🙂  The menus were a good place to personalize a detail and incorporate a running theme from our paper goods, which was our monogram.

Photos by Jennifer Roper from my wedding, which you can see more of here.

UPDATE: I shared a DIY tutorial for these here.

1. Posted Aug 12 at 5:20 am | Permalink

Loving these! Such a creative idea. Plus it’s a conversation starter too 🙂 – Happy Friday

xoxo, chrissy
      The Perfect Palette

2. Posted Aug 12 at 5:31 am | Permalink

Such a cute idea!

3. Posted Aug 12 at 9:04 am | Permalink

Looooove this idea! 🙂

4. Posted Aug 12 at 10:39 am | Permalink

What a fun idea- definitely takes me back to elementary school days 🙂 Such a great spin on traditional menus!

5. Posted Aug 12 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

I’ve seen this done with a few different pieces of wedding day paper. But it’s always a fun way to get your guests participating/chatting/laughing, definitely.

6. Posted Aug 12 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

too fun! I’ve seen them for weddings but never as a menu!

7. Posted Aug 12 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

These are the only cooties I like!

8. Posted Aug 15 at 4:08 am | Permalink

These are a splendid idea! Love ’em!
      -E.

9. Posted Aug 28 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

What a fun idea for a menu! Reminds me of when i was a little kid! 🙂

10. Posted Dec 9 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

Reminds me of the credits for Community! 😉

11. Vicki Paris Robbins
      Posted Jan 31 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Hi…I adore these…. would love to have these made/printed for a wedding. Anybody know how these were done…ie. a printing company. I tried to find Tilde Design on Etsy and the site won’t come up….HELP

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Someone was so excited about #maythe4th that I had to post ANOTHER photo. And if you follow me on snapchat you know that person was actually me. #imthatmomnow #maythe4thbewithyou #starwars #allroadsleadtostarwars #quincyrhys  May the 4th be with you. #maythe4th
       I've been doing a lot of succulent planting and shelf and mantle styling and rearranging this week. I think I'm love having our #rambleandroost CA string art above the mantle. But once I get a @palomasnest silhouette of Quincy I'm gonna have to rethink the whole thing! Those make the best Mother's Day gift, by the way. It's too late for a finished product but you can always do a gift card   In the last week we conquered a long walk in the stroller, a birthday party in the Ergo, moved you into your bassinet, and had an amazing night of sleep. You started reaching for things, and (based on a ridiculous number of blow outs) grew out of size 2 diapers. And you almost never stopped smiling. #14weeks #quincysweekbyweek #quincyrhys