• {It’s in the Details} Cootie Catcher Menus

I LOVE cootie catchers.  They remind me of being a kid and playing silly games with my friends.  You know, the “who will you marry, where will you live, what will your kid’s name be” game.   My maid of honor Kate made them into menus for my wedding.  They were so different and whimsical and my guests were big fans because of the nostalgia and fun.

I think the cootie catcher menus fit in with any kind of wedding (modern, traditional, vintage, etc.) because they add a bit of fun for your guests.

My catagories on the outside were “first course,” “main entree,” “something sweet,” and “late night snacks” with the selected menu items listed inside the fold.  The outside had our wedding monogram, our wedding date, and “dinner menu” – for those who couldn’t pick up on the obvious :)  The menus were a good place to personalize a detail and incorporate a running theme from our paper goods, which was our monogram.

Want some cootie catcher menus of your very own?  Check them out on Tilde Designs, my maid of honor’s etsy shop that she started after my wedding.

1. Posted Aug 12 at 5:20 am | Permalink

Loving these! Such a creative idea. Plus it’s a conversation starter too :) – Happy Friday

xoxo, chrissy
      The Perfect Palette

2. Posted Aug 12 at 5:31 am | Permalink

Such a cute idea!

3. Posted Aug 12 at 9:04 am | Permalink

Looooove this idea! :)

4. Posted Aug 12 at 10:39 am | Permalink

What a fun idea- definitely takes me back to elementary school days :) Such a great spin on traditional menus!

5. Posted Aug 12 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

I’ve seen this done with a few different pieces of wedding day paper. But it’s always a fun way to get your guests participating/chatting/laughing, definitely.

6. Posted Aug 12 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

too fun! I’ve seen them for weddings but never as a menu!

7. Posted Aug 12 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

These are the only cooties I like!

8. Posted Aug 15 at 4:08 am | Permalink

These are a splendid idea! Love ‘em!
      -E.

9. Posted Aug 28 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

What a fun idea for a menu! Reminds me of when i was a little kid! :)

10. Posted Dec 9 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

Reminds me of the credits for Community! ;)

• follow oh lovely day on pinterest
    • Topics

Archives

• mens wearhouse
    • Sugarplum Lane Baby
    • Minted Wedding Stationery
    • Gilded Rentals

My Favorite Things

Shop For Your Honeymoon

Baby Must-Haves

• Our Wedding
    • Bloggers Wedding Advice
    • Lovely Ever After
    • oh lovely day on instagram
    •  Everyone got a fun accessory with name tags by @lupaandpepi - DIY tassel necklaces by @beinspiredpr for the ladies and bow ties from @grunionrun for the fellas. Such a cute wedding favor or escort card idea! #regram from @beinspiredpr #tasselsandtastemakers
       Sometimes it's easier to just stay home (especially when you have a 5 week old) but tonight I'm SO glad I made it out! Thanks @weddingpr & @beinspiredpr for such a fun party! It was great to see so many industry friends and I even had my first post-baby beer. How cool is this bar by @jesihaackdesign @thevelvetgarden @24carrotscatering!? (Regram from @inspiredbythisblog b/c I had too much fun to take photos!) #TasselsandTastemakers
    • Wedding Paper Divas Save the Date Card Sale