• {It’s in the Details} Cootie Catcher Menus

I LOVE cootie catchers. They remind me of being a kid and playing silly games with my friends.  You know, the “who will you marry, where will you live, what will your kid’s name be” game. My maid of honor Kate made them into menus for my wedding.  They were so different and whimsical and my guests were big fans because of the nostalgia and fun.

I think the cootie catcher menus fit in with any kind of wedding (modern, traditional, vintage, etc.) because they add a bit of fun for your guests.

My catagories on the outside were “first course,” “main entree,” “something sweet,” and “late night snacks” with the selected menu items listed inside the fold.  The outside had our wedding monogram, our wedding date, and “dinner menu” – for those who couldn’t pick up on the obvious 🙂  The menus were a good place to personalize a detail and incorporate a running theme from our paper goods, which was our monogram.

Photos by Jennifer Roper from my wedding, which you can see more of here.

UPDATE: I shared a DIY tutorial for these here.

1. Posted Aug 12 at 5:20 am | Permalink

Loving these! Such a creative idea. Plus it’s a conversation starter too 🙂 – Happy Friday

xoxo, chrissy
      The Perfect Palette

2. Posted Aug 12 at 5:31 am | Permalink

Such a cute idea!

3. Posted Aug 12 at 9:04 am | Permalink

Looooove this idea! 🙂

4. Posted Aug 12 at 10:39 am | Permalink

What a fun idea- definitely takes me back to elementary school days 🙂 Such a great spin on traditional menus!

5. Posted Aug 12 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

I’ve seen this done with a few different pieces of wedding day paper. But it’s always a fun way to get your guests participating/chatting/laughing, definitely.

6. Posted Aug 12 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

too fun! I’ve seen them for weddings but never as a menu!

7. Posted Aug 12 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

These are the only cooties I like!

8. Posted Aug 15 at 4:08 am | Permalink

These are a splendid idea! Love ’em!
      -E.

9. Posted Aug 28 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

What a fun idea for a menu! Reminds me of when i was a little kid! 🙂

10. Posted Dec 9 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

Reminds me of the credits for Community! 😉

11. Vicki Paris Robbins
      Posted Jan 31 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Hi…I adore these…. would love to have these made/printed for a wedding. Anybody know how these were done…ie. a printing company. I tried to find Tilde Design on Etsy and the site won’t come up….HELP

12. Posted Jul 11 at 11:49 am | Permalink

I was searching some ideas for the wedding of my cousin and this is such a great idea, I LOVE IT!

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Sleepless nights, sibling fights, tantrums and meltdowns and tears. But these are the days, going by in a haze, that I'll miss when I'm late in my years. #peptalkformyself #battlefieldmotherhood #sendacaffieneIVdrip #theadventuresofcharlieandcalvin  This week has been straight up ROUGH. Charlie has been home sick from camp, Quincy is sleeping his worst ever, Calvin had a toddler meltdown at the museum today the likes of which I have never seen, it is 9 million degrees, and I have so much work piling up I feel like I'm being swallowed up in quicksand. But today at the park Quincy took a mini nap in the stroller, the big boys played on their own without fighting or needing me to intervene for 10 whole minutes while I sat alone on a blanket. It was glorious. #battlefieldmotherhood #summer
       He's got me wrapped around one of those blurry little fingers and he knows it. It's the dimp that slays me.  #quincysweekbyweek #26weeks  Life with these boys is an adventure of mammoth proportions  (see what I did there #ivegotpuns) #theadventuresofcharlieandcalvin