• {It’s in the Details + A DIY} Turn any jar into an aqua mason jar!

Hiya!  Today I’m guest posting for Chrissy of The Perfect Palette while she is on vacation.  I did a fall palette and inspiration board for her {go see it here}, so here on Oh Lovely Day I’m going to share a DIY with you that will help bring that palette to life.  And it will also satisfy my mason jar loving readers, and I know there are a lot of you!  I’m going to tell you how to turn any clear jar into an aqua mason jar!

So I can’t take credit for this genius idea.  I found the tutorial on Craftberry Bush.DIY make your own aqua mason jars via oh lovely day

Materials needed:
    -Clear jars
    -Modge podge or white Elmer’s glue
    -Paint brush
    -Green & blue food coloring

– In a small bowl mix (approx.) 1 tsp glue or modge podge, 2 drops blue and 1 drop green food coloring, 1 1/2 tsp of water (this amount will color around 3 jars)
    – Mix together with a small paint brush
    -Using even strokes, brush the outside of jar from top to bottom.  Be careful not to use too much to avoid clumping.  The streaks will become invisible when dry.
    – Turn upside down on a paper towel and let dry

*Warning* the paint will chip or wash off, so you have to paint the outside so you can use them as floral containers like this:

DIY make your own aqua mason jars via oh lovely day | photo by Jennifer Roper
    Or as floating candle luminaries, like this:
    DIY make your own aqua mason jars via oh lovely day | photo by Jennifer Roper
    {above two photos by Jennifer Roper}

For the full tutorial with photos and additional methods and instructions, go to Craftberry Bush.  And if you do this DIY, I would love to hear all about it!

1. Posted Sep 6 at 6:58 am | Permalink

Thanks so much for sharing this tutorial!

2. Posted Sep 6 at 7:12 am | Permalink

i can’t get enough of aqua mason jars

3. Posted Sep 6 at 10:22 am | Permalink

Awesome DIY tutorial! Thanks for sharing! The blue jars are so pretty, but they’re pretty difficult to find, I think, so this is great!

4. Posted Sep 6 at 10:46 am | Permalink

I didn’t realize how easy transforming a mason jar could be! Thanks for sharing 🙂

5. Posted Sep 6 at 11:40 am | Permalink

These are so pretty! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

6. Posted Sep 6 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

Great idea! Love it!

7. Posted Sep 6 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

Nothing better than an aqua blue mason jar!! Love this! Thanks for sharing!!

8. Posted Sep 9 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

I can’t wait to try this! I will be heading to the store tomorrow!

9. Posted Nov 2 at 2:51 am | Permalink

You know, I was wondering, why not seal it with clear varnish after completion. This way it wont chip. What say?

10. Posted Dec 17 at 11:50 am | Permalink

Sweet tutorial. I have dozens of empty baby food jars I’ve been wanting to give new life to and what better way than to try this out 🙂

11. Posted Dec 17 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

I will never ever tire of mason jars. I’m quite sure I will just adore them forever!

12. Posted Feb 7 at 8:22 pm | Permalink

These are great – I’ve been looking around like crazy for these jars (and collecting clear glass jars in the meantime) … as I’m having a wedding guest list of 300 and will need approximately 3-5 jars per table. This post has made my day.

Shari from http://www.goodfoodweek.blogspot.com and my wedding blog is now http://www.shariandphillip.projectwedding.com

13. Posted Apr 18 at 8:05 pm | Permalink

Thanks for this! Didn’t have any luck using Elmer’s (it was either streaky or frosted-looking), but the mod podge works great!

•  Can a person be your happy place? Because I'm pretty certain that Quincy is mine ☺️✨ #quincyrhys #thatdimpletho  This week was a rough one. I feel like I say that every week but this one really was. Today alone had me at my breaking point. All three of my kids seemed hell bent on driving me crazy. Quincy literally wouldn't let me put him down or leave the room without a major scream-cry fest. He rode around on the fuss bus allllll day. Tropical storm Calvin left destruction in his wake everywhere he went (if you follow me on snap/stories you got a little sampling but that was nowhere near the extent of it). At one point I went into a room away from my kids and sat in a chair and cried. Within three minutes one of them found me (of course) gave me a hug, and we were all better (except Calvin -- I think this is his permanent state ). This photo is my version of thinking happy thoughts. Bougainvillea vibes ✌️️✨
       Putting the finishing touches on the boys' bedroom and had to stop to admire the magic that the morning light and their @babyjives mobile was making. ✨☁️⭐️❤️✨#charlieandcalsroomredo  You know what is a great motivator? Not wanting to be outdone by your big bro. Cause look who's pulling himself up, so he can keep up  #quincysmilestones #calvinandquincy #lawdhelpme #charlieandcalsroomredo