• {It’s in the Details + A DIY} Turn any jar into an aqua mason jar!

Hiya!  Today I’m guest posting for Chrissy of The Perfect Palette while she is on vacation.  I did a fall palette and inspiration board for her {go see it here}, so here on Oh Lovely Day I’m going to share a DIY with you that will help bring that palette to life.  And it will also satisfy my mason jar loving readers, and I know there are a lot of you!  I’m going to tell you how to turn any clear jar into an aqua mason jar!

So I can’t take credit for this genius idea.  I found the tutorial on Craftberry Bush.DIY make your own aqua mason jars via oh lovely day

Materials needed:
    -Clear jars
    -Modge podge or white Elmer’s glue
    -Paint brush
    -Green & blue food coloring

Instructions:
    – In a small bowl mix (approx.) 1 tsp glue or modge podge, 2 drops blue and 1 drop green food coloring, 1 1/2 tsp of water (this amount will color around 3 jars)
    – Mix together with a small paint brush
    -Using even strokes, brush the outside of jar from top to bottom.  Be careful not to use too much to avoid clumping.  The streaks will become invisible when dry.
    – Turn upside down on a paper towel and let dry

*Warning* the paint will chip or wash off, so you have to paint the outside so you can use them as floral containers like this:

DIY make your own aqua mason jars via oh lovely day | photo by Jennifer Roper
    Or as floating candle luminaries, like this:
    DIY make your own aqua mason jars via oh lovely day | photo by Jennifer Roper
    {above two photos by Jennifer Roper}

For the full tutorial with photos and additional methods and instructions, go to Craftberry Bush.  And if you do this DIY, I would love to hear all about it!

1. Posted Sep 6 at 6:58 am | Permalink

Thanks so much for sharing this tutorial!

2. Posted Sep 6 at 7:12 am | Permalink

i can’t get enough of aqua mason jars

3. Posted Sep 6 at 10:22 am | Permalink

Awesome DIY tutorial! Thanks for sharing! The blue jars are so pretty, but they’re pretty difficult to find, I think, so this is great!

4. Posted Sep 6 at 10:46 am | Permalink

I didn’t realize how easy transforming a mason jar could be! Thanks for sharing :)

5. Posted Sep 6 at 11:40 am | Permalink

These are so pretty! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

6. Posted Sep 6 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

Great idea! Love it!

7. Posted Sep 6 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

Nothing better than an aqua blue mason jar!! Love this! Thanks for sharing!!

8. Posted Sep 9 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

I can’t wait to try this! I will be heading to the store tomorrow!

9. Posted Nov 2 at 2:51 am | Permalink

You know, I was wondering, why not seal it with clear varnish after completion. This way it wont chip. What say?

10. Posted Dec 17 at 11:50 am | Permalink

Sweet tutorial. I have dozens of empty baby food jars I’ve been wanting to give new life to and what better way than to try this out :)

11. Posted Dec 17 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

I will never ever tire of mason jars. I’m quite sure I will just adore them forever!

12. Posted Feb 7 at 8:22 pm | Permalink

These are great – I’ve been looking around like crazy for these jars (and collecting clear glass jars in the meantime) … as I’m having a wedding guest list of 300 and will need approximately 3-5 jars per table. This post has made my day.

Shari from http://www.goodfoodweek.blogspot.com and my wedding blog is now http://www.shariandphillip.projectwedding.com

13. Posted Apr 18 at 8:05 pm | Permalink

Thanks for this! Didn’t have any luck using Elmer’s (it was either streaky or frosted-looking), but the mod podge works great!

• follow oh lovely day on pinterest
    • Topics

Archives

• mens wearhouse
    • Minted Wedding Stationery
    • Gilded Rentals

My Favorite Things

Shop For Your Honeymoon

Baby Must-Haves

Bridesmaids & Events

• Our Wedding
    • Bloggers Wedding Advice
    • Lovely Ever After

We had our first date 20 years ago today when we were practically babies in high school. We were on and off (and on and off and on and off) through college, survived a 3 year long distance relationship before there was FaceTime and when one of us didn't even have a cell phone. We've done 11 years of sharing a bathroom, almost 6 years of marriage, and now almost 3 babies. Some days have been so easy, and others are incredibly hard. Each day we make a choice to love each other and enjoy this beautiful life together. And to do it our way, following our dreams and raising our children to be open minded, good and kind people. Our way, ride or die, till the wheels fall off. Me and you. Happy 20 year date-a-versary my social media-less hunk of a husband.❤️ We should have gotten a sitter  //  by @hazelnutphoto from our gender reveal, which I'll be sharing next week!
       Had a super #happymail day thanks to the 2016 calendar preview from @papersource. At first I was all like "the color, the design, the pretty, oh my! " but then I thought "2016, January, due date, holy shit! " I feel like the next 6 months just flashed before my eyes. Slow down 2015. The calendars and planners are real purty tho. #mypscalendar
    • Latest Pins on Pinterest