• {It’s in the Details + A DIY} Turn any jar into an aqua mason jar!

Hiya!  Today I’m guest posting for Chrissy of The Perfect Palette while she is on vacation.  I did a fall palette and inspiration board for her {go see it here}, so here on Oh Lovely Day I’m going to share a DIY with you that will help bring that palette to life.  And it will also satisfy my mason jar loving readers, and I know there are a lot of you!  I’m going to tell you how to turn any clear jar into an aqua mason jar!

So I can’t take credit for this genius idea.  I found the tutorial on Craftberry Bush.DIY make your own aqua mason jars via oh lovely day

Materials needed:
    -Clear jars
    -Modge podge or white Elmer’s glue
    -Paint brush
    -Green & blue food coloring

Instructions:
    – In a small bowl mix (approx.) 1 tsp glue or modge podge, 2 drops blue and 1 drop green food coloring, 1 1/2 tsp of water (this amount will color around 3 jars)
    – Mix together with a small paint brush
    -Using even strokes, brush the outside of jar from top to bottom.  Be careful not to use too much to avoid clumping.  The streaks will become invisible when dry.
    – Turn upside down on a paper towel and let dry

*Warning* the paint will chip or wash off, so you have to paint the outside so you can use them as floral containers like this:

DIY make your own aqua mason jars via oh lovely day | photo by Jennifer Roper
    Or as floating candle luminaries, like this:
    DIY make your own aqua mason jars via oh lovely day | photo by Jennifer Roper
    {above two photos by Jennifer Roper}

For the full tutorial with photos and additional methods and instructions, go to Craftberry Bush.  And if you do this DIY, I would love to hear all about it!

1. Posted Sep 6 at 6:58 am | Permalink

Thanks so much for sharing this tutorial!

2. Posted Sep 6 at 7:12 am | Permalink

i can’t get enough of aqua mason jars

3. Posted Sep 6 at 10:22 am | Permalink

Awesome DIY tutorial! Thanks for sharing! The blue jars are so pretty, but they’re pretty difficult to find, I think, so this is great!

4. Posted Sep 6 at 10:46 am | Permalink

I didn’t realize how easy transforming a mason jar could be! Thanks for sharing 🙂

5. Posted Sep 6 at 11:40 am | Permalink

These are so pretty! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

6. Posted Sep 6 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

Great idea! Love it!

7. Posted Sep 6 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

Nothing better than an aqua blue mason jar!! Love this! Thanks for sharing!!

8. Posted Sep 9 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

I can’t wait to try this! I will be heading to the store tomorrow!

9. Posted Nov 2 at 2:51 am | Permalink

You know, I was wondering, why not seal it with clear varnish after completion. This way it wont chip. What say?

10. Posted Dec 17 at 11:50 am | Permalink

Sweet tutorial. I have dozens of empty baby food jars I’ve been wanting to give new life to and what better way than to try this out 🙂

11. Posted Dec 17 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

I will never ever tire of mason jars. I’m quite sure I will just adore them forever!

12. Posted Feb 7 at 8:22 pm | Permalink

These are great – I’ve been looking around like crazy for these jars (and collecting clear glass jars in the meantime) … as I’m having a wedding guest list of 300 and will need approximately 3-5 jars per table. This post has made my day.

Shari from http://www.goodfoodweek.blogspot.com and my wedding blog is now http://www.shariandphillip.projectwedding.com

13. Posted Apr 18 at 8:05 pm | Permalink

Thanks for this! Didn’t have any luck using Elmer’s (it was either streaky or frosted-looking), but the mod podge works great!

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Quincy and I got the boys a little something to welcome them home. I'm not sure it's big enough  Thanks for the pic @ladyfinger77  Not gonna lie, it's been reeeeeaally nice having an almost empty house this week while the big boys are out of town and it's just Quincy and me. It's so peaceful and clean.  But when I get sent pictures like this of my boys with my cutie pie nephew Braxton, I start missing them something fierce and can't wait to see them tomorrow. #theadventuresofcharlieandcalvin #brothersandcousins #sooooooomanyboys
       Memorial weekend'n ❤️ #quincyrhys  Happy 4 months my chubby bunny! It's crazy to think that 8 years ago today your pops asked me to marry him and now here you are already 4 months old. You are happy and smiling 90% of the time and still screamy 10% of the time. Much better, but your unpredictable screaminess still pops up at the times when I'm trying to get out of the house or eat, usually both at once. I can take a hint. You are 17 lbs and almost 26 inches - putting you in the 90th % for height and 80th for weight. Oh, and your head is in the 94th % - which I'm fine with since it was a nice slightly below average size when you were born. You are hilariously huge  Your daddy says if you keep growing like this people are going to start calling you Hodor You have rolled from belly to back a few times (a small miracle given your size and how little floor time you've been able to have due to your reflux), scoot yourself with your feet when laying on your back, have reached for and grabbed a toy, and are a chatterbox. You like music, like being held in sitting and standing positions, and really wanna eat your hands. You are a champion napper -- usually taking a 2-3 hr one in the morning and a good afternoon one as well. I can even put you down without soothing you to sleep first and you fall asleep on your own - something that your brothers didn't do until at least 6 months old. You're sleeping from around 7:30 pm - 7 am, waking around 3:30 for a snack (you're totally not hungry either, you just miss me). You're just the cutest with your fat rolls and cheek dimps and duck fluff hair and big gummy smiles and you have everyone of us completely smitten.  #quincysmonthbymonth