• {It’s in the Details} 15 Ways to Use Yarn in Your Wedding

Really want to show your crafty homespun style in your wedding?  Use yarn in your wedding details.  Most of these ideas are super easy and totally DIY  All you need is, well, yarn!  And there are SO many fun ways to use it.  Here are my favorite fifteen ways:

1.  {yarn-wrapped mason jars}

13.  {yarn ball ring “pillow”}

{Kellan Studios via Once Wed}

14.  {yarn crocheted ring pillow}

{via Martha Stewart Weddings}

15.  {yarn backdrop}

{Jackie Wonders via Style Me Pretty}

That last idea would make a fantastic ceremony background, or a backdrop for your dessert table.

If you like any of these, you can find links to some DIY tutorials below:

Go to Sarah Ortega’s site here for a DIY yarn letter tutorial.

Go here for a DIY to make your own yarn ball boutonnieres.

You can find a DIY for yarn globes on Bayside Bride here, and one on Ruffled that you can find here.

Which is your favorite?  Are you a fan of yarn use in weddings?

1. Posted Dec 6 at 10:20 am | Permalink

Awesome roundup! Love the yarn wrapped letters for the bar and the use of balls of yarn for the centerpieces!

2. Posted Dec 6 at 10:38 am | Permalink

I love the yarn globes & letters . . . how I wish I’d had this inspiration for my wedding last year!

3. Posted Dec 6 at 11:36 am | Permalink

loving these DIY ideas, Chandra 🙂

4. Posted Dec 6 at 11:46 am | Permalink

Yarn details are so cute! Great round up!

5. Posted Dec 6 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

You make me want to start searching for a knit shawl!! Gorgeous!

6. Posted Dec 6 at 5:29 pm | Permalink

Those letters and that shawl are yarn perfection!

7. Posted Dec 6 at 8:07 pm | Permalink

These are all great!! The ‘6’ is very intricate!

8. Posted Dec 7 at 5:06 am | Permalink

Great collection. Everything is beautiful and interesting.

9. Posted Dec 7 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

Yarn + Glitter = Genius.
      xx Lexi
      FASHION: Glitter & Pearls
      WEDDINGS: Glitter Weddings

10. Posted Dec 9 at 9:35 am | Permalink

who knew yarn was so versatile? I love all of these ideas, and now I’m inspired to use yarn instead of ribbon for my holiday packages this year! Thanks for sharing 🙂

11. Posted Dec 10 at 8:12 pm | Permalink

I. LOVE. that yarn ball bouquet- so gorgeous!

12. Anonymous
      Posted Aug 4 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

Does anyone know the pattern and gauge, etc to make the knitted bridal shrug that is featured in these photos?

13. Kelly carr
      Posted Jul 9 at 7:29 am | Permalink

Do you have a pattern for the shawl?

14. Cheri
      Posted Jul 9 at 8:28 am | Permalink

#14 shows nice ring pillows however they are knitted, not crocheted.

•  Can a person be your happy place? Because I'm pretty certain that Quincy is mine ☺️✨ #quincyrhys #thatdimpletho  This week was a rough one. I feel like I say that every week but this one really was. Today alone had me at my breaking point. All three of my kids seemed hell bent on driving me crazy. Quincy literally wouldn't let me put him down or leave the room without a major scream-cry fest. He rode around on the fuss bus allllll day. Tropical storm Calvin left destruction in his wake everywhere he went (if you follow me on snap/stories you got a little sampling but that was nowhere near the extent of it). At one point I went into a room away from my kids and sat in a chair and cried. Within three minutes one of them found me (of course) gave me a hug, and we were all better (except Calvin -- I think this is his permanent state ). This photo is my version of thinking happy thoughts. Bougainvillea vibes ✌️️✨
       Putting the finishing touches on the boys' bedroom and had to stop to admire the magic that the morning light and their @babyjives mobile was making. ✨☁️⭐️❤️✨#charlieandcalsroomredo  You know what is a great motivator? Not wanting to be outdone by your big bro. Cause look who's pulling himself up, so he can keep up  #quincysmilestones #calvinandquincy #lawdhelpme #charlieandcalsroomredo