• {Real Wedding} Alex & Will: Plantation Beach Wedding with the Prettiest Florals Ever!

Happy Leap Year Day!  For a special day like today, I have a very special wedding.  The moment I saw the bride’s bouquet (which was the first photo in the whole gorgeous shebang of photos sent by Brooke Images) I knew I had to feature it.  And when I was editing this wedding for your viewing pleasure today, I couldn’t help but feature the bouquet over and over and over.  It is THAT pretty.  It is steal-worthy, pin-worthy, multiple-images worthy!  Now before you start thinking that is the only thing I love about this wedding, let me just tell you…it isn’t.  The venue is so serene, the bride has fab style, and I am obsessed with the bridesmaids’ statement necklaces!  Why don’t I just let you see for yourself?

From Alex, the bride:

We stayed at the Plantation for the first time on our 2 year anniversary and fell in love with Walker’s Landing. It was the perfect place to invite our family and friends to celebrate our special weekend. We both love water and the simple, rustic feel of the room over looking the marsh fit us to a tee.

As wedding favors, we put together a candy bar in our wedding colors where guests could fill up personalized bags with our favorite chocolates, gummies, and rock candy. We DIY’d the menu cards for the place setting so guests would know their options at the buffet stations and our guestbook was a framed tree that guests finger printed for us.  At the reception site, we lined the fireplace mantel with wedding pictures of our parents and grandparents.  I wore my grandmother’s pearl bracelet.  We planned every detail of the wedding and with the help of our vendors, it came to life.

So?  Was I right or was I right?  I sort of want to live in these images.  The color palette, the gorgeous light, the calm and serene and happy feeling they give me…I just LOVE them!  What about you?

{Vendors} Photographer: Brooke Images submitted through Two Bright Lights / Florist: Artistic Florist  Location: Walkers Landing at the Omni Amelia Island Plantation / DJ: Charlie Roberts

1. Posted Feb 29 at 11:21 am | Permalink

You’re right, this wedding is so dreamy. The florals are to die for, and the way the photographer captured it made it all the more beautiful.

2. Posted Feb 29 at 7:02 pm | Permalink

Those flowers are AMAZING. Love the light shining in all of the photographs.

3. Posted Feb 29 at 10:30 pm | Permalink

So gorgeous! I adore them 🙂

4. Posted Mar 1 at 2:59 am | Permalink

Those bouquets are just fantastic.

5. Posted Mar 1 at 6:40 am | Permalink

You’re right – the florals are beautiful!

6. Posted Mar 1 at 12:58 pm | Permalink

Beautiful!! The scenery, details, photography – so lovely. And yes, the florals are stunning!!

7. Posted Mar 19 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

8. Xahnn
      Posted Apr 20 at 11:21 pm | Permalink

Very dedicated and very sweet. I always dream that my future wedding would be like this, beach wedding is more memorable, more special and more romantic. I’m looking forward for my future wedding in the beach : )

xahnn from Postdoctoral Fellowships

•  Continuing the Halloween theme today because I'm in a Halloween mood  Last year. My favorite movie as a kid became Charlie's favorite last year and he wanted to be Jareth so bad. I wasn't sure I could pull it off, but we did. Even down to dressing Calvin as Toby because he was the perfect age. I don't think it will ever get better than this for me. #dancemagicdance #babewiththepower #labyrinth  Motherhood is a constantly evolving state of total joy, exhausted agony, superhuman strength, and very human failures. As soon as you celebrate that superhuman successful day, it is replaced with new challenges. And just when you think you can't go one more day, you get a day so magical you want to have ten more babies. I'm in the midst of one of those exhausted phases again but I keep trying to remind myself that it is this phase that makes the magical days shine brighter. In the wise words of Miley Cyrus (I'm actually serious): it's all about the climb.  We've got this mamas. (Tag a momma who needs to get cheesy and read the words to a Miley Cyrus song ) #battlefieldmotherhood _______________________________________________ I can almost see it. That dream I'm dreaming, But there's a voice inside my head saying, "You'll never reach it." Every step I'm takin' Every move I make feels lost with no direction, My faith is shakin' But I, I gotta keep tryin' Gotta keep my head held high There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb The struggles I'm facing The chances I'm taking Sometimes might knock me down, But no, I'm not breaking I may not know it, But these are the moments That I'm gonna remember most  Just gotta keep goin', And I, I gotta be strong Just keep pushing on, 'Cause... There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb.
       Countdown to Halloween is on! Reminiscing about that time Charlie was @macklemore for Halloween, 2013. Kid was two weeks shy of three and played the part to a tee. What is your favorite costume you or your kids ever did? #isthatyourgrandmascoat #poppintags #charlieasmacklemore #babymacklemore #bornentertainer #charlesdashiell  We have this hat, passed down to Charlie from my friend's little boy, then passed down to Calvin. It's just a simple grey hat but it is so so cute and is the thing that my boys wear the most in the toddler years. It holds so much sentimental value for me. Well yesterday I took the babies on a walk and somewhere along the way Calvin chucked it. He also tossed his shoes but I saw those right away. It wasn't until we stopped for lunch that I realized the hat was gone. I was so sad about it that I retraced our steps to see if I could find it. No luck. I'm pretty sure he tossed it in Goodwill while I was digging for stuff for our Halloween costumes. Which means it is gone, because when you lose something in Goodwill it is seriously like looking for a needle in a haystack. I've been sick about it ever since, which I know is silly. It's just a hat, after all. But it's one of those things that I was planning to pass to Quincy and then save forever and when I was old and grey I would dig it out of the attic and take a walk down memory lane. You moms know what I'm talking about. But it's gone and all I have are photos and the memories. Luckily Calvin had started putting it on Quincy's head and last week I snapped this picture. Charlie and Calvin both kept saying "cuuuuuuute" ❤️ I hope it makes its way onto another little boy's head someday #thefredrickboys #calvinandquincy #brudders #thebrotherhoodofthegreytoddlerhat