• {It’s in the Details} Watercolor Dreams + A DIY

I’ve always been a fan of watercolors.  In fact, I have a few displayed in my home.  Both my mother and mother-in-law watercolor paint (they took a class together!)  My mom even watercolored thank you cards that we used in our out-of-town bags for our wedding (yes, I hand wrote a thank you card for every.single.bag!)  And my husband and I collected watercolors from our favorite honeymoon spots in Italy.

Despite my love of watercolor, I had never thought about translating that into a wedding detail – until now!

{watercolor paper pretties}
    {DIY watercolor placecards}
    {photo and DIY via 100 Layer Cake}
    {watercolor cakes}
    {DIY watercolor favor tags}
    {watercolor dresses for the bride and bridesmaids}
    {watercolor place setting}
    {watercolor napkins}
    {DIY and photos via once wed}
    {DIY watercolor paperchain decor}
    {DIY and photos by oh happy day}
    {watercolor inspired florals}
    {DIY watercolor votives}
    {photo and DIY via once wed}
    That last idea is my favorite and is a super easy DIY.  All you need is a bunch of clear votives from your local craft store, dollar store, or Target, watercolor paints and a brush.  Oh, and water!  Just paint the inside of your votives whatever shades you want, let them dry, and put in a votive.  So cheap and easy, and super pretty!
    So tell me, what do you think of watercolor details?  Which is your favorite of the DIY ideas?  How genius are those watercolor votives!?

1. Posted Mar 12 at 6:43 am | Permalink

Such a lovely idea!

2. Posted Mar 12 at 8:21 am | Permalink

Definitely a pretty post – watercolor is lovely!

3. Posted Mar 13 at 5:44 am | Permalink

love the watercolor dresses. chic with a bit of ‘attitude’. =)

4. Rachael
      Posted Mar 15 at 7:31 am | Permalink

I love the watercolor votives! I’m definitely going to try those for my wedding in October. 🙂 Thanks for sharing!

5. Posted Mar 19 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

Oooh, it’s like I’m stuck in a Monet and I don’t want to get out! 😀

6. Posted Oct 27 at 10:56 am | Permalink

I found the votive idea this afternoon – grabbed the grandkids watercolors and painted one to try it out. BEAUTIFUL!! Just bought a couple dozen clear holders at Goodwill – Christmas presents for the lovely ladies in my family! Thank you for the idea!!

•  This week was a rough one. I feel like I say that every week but this one really was. Today alone had me at my breaking point. All three of my kids seemed hell bent on driving me crazy. Quincy literally wouldn't let me put him down or leave the room without a major scream-cry fest. He rode around on the fuss bus allllll day. Tropical storm Calvin left destruction in his wake everywhere he went (if you follow me on snap/stories you got a little sampling but that was nowhere near the extent of it). At one point I went into a room away from my kids and sat in a chair and cried. Within three minutes one of them found me (of course) gave me a hug, and we were all better (except Calvin -- I think this is his permanent state ). This photo is my version of thinking happy thoughts. Bougainvillea vibes ✌️️✨  And just like that, summer is back  Take me back to the fall weather of two days ago! Also, take me back to when this kid slept past 5 am and took naps. For a week now, between 4:30-5:30 am this kid climbs up on our bed over top of me and proceeds to squrim, poke, and annoy me till I get up. Quincy's sleeping till 6 or later FINALLY and now Calvin is waking me up!? And he refused to nap today (again) too. Seriously you guys, he's killin' me. He looks real cute in rain gear but if he does it again tonight he's headed to toddler military school. #sotiredineedanewwordfortired #calvins3rdyear #battlefieldmotherhood
       You know what is a great motivator? Not wanting to be outdone by your big bro. Cause look who's pulling himself up, so he can keep up  #quincysmilestones #calvinandquincy #lawdhelpme #charlieandcalsroomredo  There were very few baby things I hadn't yet tried by the time I had Quincy but I hadn't really used a sling before. I got my first sling when I was still pregnant with Q and tried it with Calvin, but once Cal was walking he never wanted to be carried. He's far too busy for all that. So Quincy is the first baby I've used a sling with, and I feel like I really missed out with the other two. I had and loved other carriers with them (and still do) but there is just something about the sling that is magical and it is my carrier of choice right now. It is convenient (you can keep it threaded and just throw it on), it is cozy, it doesn't tightly wrap behind my back which always makes me sweaty, and I can nurse while Quincy is in it which has been a lifesaver. I'm actually nursing him in this photo! I'm sharing photos from our recent visit to the pumpkin patch and how I got to do all the things with my family while wearing Quincy in the sling because I didn't have to stay with him in the stroller or go find a place to nurse him. He chilled, ate, and napped in my sling. And because I love it so much I'm teaming up with @mywildbird to give one reader a sling of their choice! Head to my blog to enter (link in profile) and tell your friends  #OLDfavefinds #babywearing #mywildbird #giveaway #fredrickfamfallfun