• {It’s in the Details} Globes Incorporated into your Wedding

It’s Day 3 of Travel Week here at Oh Lovely Day!  If you missed Sunday’s Parisian Engagement Session or yesterday’s travel-inspired wedding inspiration board, be sure to check them out.  And tomorrow we have a FAB New Zeland real wedding for you.  It is to.die.for!  Oh, and a quick note on a change at Oh Lovely Day: I recently added ‘pin it’ buttons to each individual photo.  Can you please do me a favor and use them to test them out and let me know if you have any problems?  Just hover over the photo you want to pin and you’ll see the button appear in the bottom right corner for you to click!  Thanks so much.

Today’s post is also travel inspired: ways to incorporate globes into your wedding.  But it doesn’t have to be a travel-themed wedding to use them.  You can just pick one element of your wedding and incorporate globes instead of putting them everywhere.  And you can make them vintage or modern depending on how you use them!  Here are some of my favorite ways:

{globes as centerpieces or table decor}
    incorporating globes into your wedding from Oh Lovely Day
     {mini-globes as wedding favors}
    incorporating globes into your wedding from Oh Lovely Day
     {globes escort card display}
    incorporating globes into your wedding from Oh Lovely Day
     {globes as your guestbook alternative if you have guests from all over…
    just have them pin a note to a globe in the area they are from}
    incorporating globes into your wedding from Oh Lovely Day
     {globes as lanterns as part of your wedding decor}
    incorporating globes into your wedding from Oh Lovely Day
     {turn a globe or two into a chalkboard wedding sign}
    incorporating globes into your wedding from Oh Lovely Day
     {globes in your ring shot}
    incorporating globes into your wedding from Oh Lovely Day

These are just a few fun ways to incorporate globes into your wedding!  What is your favorite or do you have another idea for how to use them?  Share it with us in the comments!

{photo credits: centerpiece, favors, escort cards, guestbook alternative, lanterns, signs, ring shot}

1. Posted Jul 17 at 8:08 am | Permalink

love this idea. i’m in the process of collection globes for my new home! i love them. xo!

2. Posted Jul 17 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

Love those globes as lanterns!

3. Posted Jul 17 at 9:11 pm | Permalink

Love all of these ideas! And love the Travel week too! 🙂

4. Posted Aug 5 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

Adore the ring shot! Perfect for travelers.

5. Posted Sep 25 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

Globes as lanterns!? A ceiling full of them would be absolutely perfect! Loved this blog 🙂

6. Posted Jan 30 at 6:13 pm | Permalink

where did you get your smaller globes for the tables?

7. Natalia
      Posted Sep 30 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

Where did you get the mini globes?
      I really like that idea as wedding favours but cant seem to find where to get them, for a reasonable price

8. Valerie
      Posted Jan 28 at 1:22 pm | Permalink

We are trying to find globes as décor for hanging on ceiling, tables, etc. Having trouble finding these items without spending a fortune. Any ideas.

•  Can a person be your happy place? Because I'm pretty certain that Quincy is mine ☺️✨ #quincyrhys #thatdimpletho  This week was a rough one. I feel like I say that every week but this one really was. Today alone had me at my breaking point. All three of my kids seemed hell bent on driving me crazy. Quincy literally wouldn't let me put him down or leave the room without a major scream-cry fest. He rode around on the fuss bus allllll day. Tropical storm Calvin left destruction in his wake everywhere he went (if you follow me on snap/stories you got a little sampling but that was nowhere near the extent of it). At one point I went into a room away from my kids and sat in a chair and cried. Within three minutes one of them found me (of course) gave me a hug, and we were all better (except Calvin -- I think this is his permanent state ). This photo is my version of thinking happy thoughts. Bougainvillea vibes ✌️️✨
       Putting the finishing touches on the boys' bedroom and had to stop to admire the magic that the morning light and their @babyjives mobile was making. ✨☁️⭐️❤️✨#charlieandcalsroomredo  You know what is a great motivator? Not wanting to be outdone by your big bro. Cause look who's pulling himself up, so he can keep up  #quincysmilestones #calvinandquincy #lawdhelpme #charlieandcalsroomredo