• {Real Wedding} Cassie & Bennet: Intimate Backyard DIY Wedding + Carnival Reception (Part 2)

colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    Yesterday I shared Part 1 of this completely charming, absolutely fantastic, ridiculously good wedding (if you missed it, be sure to get your pinning finger ready and go be inspired).  Today, you get to see the whimsical, fun, fabulous carnival-themed reception.  Step right up!

colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    Almost everything you see was DIY: pinwheels, the ticket cake, the gold animals, bunting, burlap and chalkboard signs…  SO many great DIY details!

colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photographyWe danced our first dance to “I Won’t Give Up” but Jason Mraz.  We are high school sweethearts and have been through, and know we will go through, many tough times together. This song expresses the beauty through struggle well. colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography

fun carnival-themed DIY wedding reception

I’m DYING over the bride’s gorgeous red reception dress. I kinda sorta REALLY want to steal her whole wedding, don’t you? It’s magical!

And if you didn’t get enough, here’s a fun film from their photobooth and photos, by photographer Jennie Andrews. And don’t forget to go see Part 1 of this wedding!

{Vendors} All vendors were hired locally out of Knoxville, Tennessee.  Photography: Jennie Andrews Photography / Planning: One Enchanted EveningCaterer and Pies:  Simply Southern CateringTent and Rentals: All Occasions Party Rental / Seating:  Something Borrowed Vintage Rentals (now Bash Factory) / Invitations and Signage: Kate Moore CreativeBand: The Pop Rocks

1. Posted Jan 29 at 11:39 am | Permalink

i want her red dress!

2. Posted Jan 29 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

What a cute and fun theme! I love the gold animals. And lawn games?! Brilliant.

3. Posted Jan 29 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

Loving every bit. What fun!

4. Posted Jan 30 at 2:53 am | Permalink

Amazing post 🙂 i love the ticket cake.

5. Posted Jan 31 at 1:51 am | Permalink

How can you not love this amazing wedding? So many fun details reflecting the couple’s personalities. Absolutely stunning the little red dress, the pinwheels, the guest books and the lounge area. Good job – and thanks a lot for sharing!

6. Posted Jan 31 at 7:00 am | Permalink

I really love the simple details on the event. It seems to be little things which gives more beauty of the event. Also, the red dress is very beautiful!This was really fun event, rather than a serious an a boring one.Congrats!xoxo

7. Posted May 2 at 11:38 pm | Permalink

It is fun for having DIY in the wedding, isn’t it? I am sure the process is meaningful. I like backyard idea as well. It is warm, natural, intimate and happy. The bridal gown is so beautiful. Your ladies are really fashionable. Congratulations!

8. Andrea
      Posted Jul 16 at 9:00 pm | Permalink

I’m a little late, but I was wondering if anyone can tell me how the labels on the tea tins were made and what are the strips of colored paper? Are the held down by the labels or labels themselves?

9. Posted Mar 11 at 11:59 am | Permalink

I really love the simple details on the event

•  Three things: 1. You've got one day left to enter my @mywildbird sling giveaway, so head over to my blog (link in profile) and tag your friends. 2. I was featured on @loyal_hana blog as part of their motherhood series, so if you want to give it a read and hear about my typical (hot mess) day or how I (don't) balance work and mothering head to their profile to find the link to their site. I pretty much live in their nursing-friendly clothes and was honored to be featured. 3. Charlie took this picture (and basically directed me for the shot) and it makes me really really happy   Putting the finishing touches on the boys' bedroom and had to stop to admire the magic that the morning light and their @babyjives mobile was making. ✨☁️⭐️❤️✨#charlieandcalsroomredo
       Can a person be your happy place? Because I'm pretty certain that Quincy is mine ☺️✨ #quincyrhys #thatdimpletho  This week was a rough one. I feel like I say that every week but this one really was. Today alone had me at my breaking point. All three of my kids seemed hell bent on driving me crazy. Quincy literally wouldn't let me put him down or leave the room without a major scream-cry fest. He rode around on the fuss bus allllll day. Tropical storm Calvin left destruction in his wake everywhere he went (if you follow me on snap/stories you got a little sampling but that was nowhere near the extent of it). At one point I went into a room away from my kids and sat in a chair and cried. Within three minutes one of them found me (of course) gave me a hug, and we were all better (except Calvin -- I think this is his permanent state ). This photo is my version of thinking happy thoughts. Bougainvillea vibes ✌️️✨