• {Real Wedding} Cassie & Bennet: Intimate Backyard DIY Wedding + Carnival Reception (Part 2)

colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    Yesterday I shared Part 1 of this completely charming, absolutely fantastic, ridiculously good wedding (if you missed it, be sure to get your pinning finger ready and go be inspired).  Today, you get to see the whimsical, fun, fabulous carnival-themed reception.  Step right up!

colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    Almost everything you see was DIY: pinwheels, the ticket cake, the gold animals, bunting, burlap and chalkboard signs…  SO many great DIY details!

colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photographyWe danced our first dance to “I Won’t Give Up” but Jason Mraz.  We are high school sweethearts and have been through, and know we will go through, many tough times together. This song expresses the beauty through struggle well. colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography

fun carnival-themed DIY wedding reception

I’m DYING over the bride’s gorgeous red reception dress. I kinda sorta REALLY want to steal her whole wedding, don’t you? It’s magical!

And if you didn’t get enough, here’s a fun film from their photobooth and photos, by photographer Jennie Andrews. And don’t forget to go see Part 1 of this wedding!

{Vendors} All vendors were hired locally out of Knoxville, Tennessee.  Photography: Jennie Andrews Photography / Planning: One Enchanted EveningCaterer and Pies:  Simply Southern CateringTent and Rentals: All Occasions Party Rental / Seating:  Something Borrowed Vintage Rentals (now Bash Factory) / Invitations and Signage: Kate Moore CreativeBand: The Pop Rocks

1. Posted Jan 29 at 11:39 am | Permalink

i want her red dress!

2. Posted Jan 29 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

What a cute and fun theme! I love the gold animals. And lawn games?! Brilliant.

3. Posted Jan 29 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

Loving every bit. What fun!

4. Posted Jan 30 at 2:53 am | Permalink

Amazing post 🙂 i love the ticket cake.

5. Posted Jan 31 at 1:51 am | Permalink

How can you not love this amazing wedding? So many fun details reflecting the couple’s personalities. Absolutely stunning the little red dress, the pinwheels, the guest books and the lounge area. Good job – and thanks a lot for sharing!

6. Posted Jan 31 at 7:00 am | Permalink

I really love the simple details on the event. It seems to be little things which gives more beauty of the event. Also, the red dress is very beautiful!This was really fun event, rather than a serious an a boring one.Congrats!xoxo

7. Posted May 2 at 11:38 pm | Permalink

It is fun for having DIY in the wedding, isn’t it? I am sure the process is meaningful. I like backyard idea as well. It is warm, natural, intimate and happy. The bridal gown is so beautiful. Your ladies are really fashionable. Congratulations!

8. Andrea
      Posted Jul 16 at 9:00 pm | Permalink

I’m a little late, but I was wondering if anyone can tell me how the labels on the tea tins were made and what are the strips of colored paper? Are the held down by the labels or labels themselves?

9. Posted Mar 11 at 11:59 am | Permalink

I really love the simple details on the event

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  One sick kid, one heat wave, one million ants in our laundry room... You win Monday. Sometimes you just gotta put the work away, or step away from the piles of laundry, and get outside for a reset. Or look at photos of bougainvillea from when you could get outside  #wavingthewhiteflagtoday #tomorrowisanewday  Summer. Heat wave. Mandatory. #calvinsfirstcone #calvins2ndyear
       When your shades and your shirt are meant to be  #charlesdashiell  On weekends, we nurse, cuddle, and nap together and it is my favorite. With the other boys I was always trying to get stuff done while they were napping. Since this is my last baby, I'm trying to really soak up all the moments I can -- one day I'll have plenty of time to get stuff done. For now I'll just be a hot mess that made the most of this baby time. Whenever I get a bit anxious about not getting things done, I re-read my favorite poem about motherhood: Mother, oh mother, come shake out your cloth! Empty the dustpan, poison the moth, Hang out the washing and butter the bread, Sew on a button and make up a bed. Where is the mother whose house is so shocking? She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking! Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue (Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby, loo). Dishes are waiting and bills are past due (Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo). The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo. Look! Aren't her eyes the most wonderful hue? (Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo.) Oh, cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow, But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust, go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby. Babies don't keep. Song for a Fifth Child By Ruth Hulburt Hamilton #battlefieldmotherhood #mommaandquincyselfies