• {Real Wedding} Cassie & Bennet: Intimate Backyard DIY Wedding + Carnival Reception (Part 2)

colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    Yesterday I shared Part 1 of this completely charming, absolutely fantastic, ridiculously good wedding (if you missed it, be sure to get your pinning finger ready and go be inspired).  Today, you get to see the whimsical, fun, fabulous carnival-themed reception.  Step right up!

colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    Almost everything you see was DIY: pinwheels, the ticket cake, the gold animals, bunting, burlap and chalkboard signs…  SO many great DIY details!

colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photographyWe danced our first dance to “I Won’t Give Up” but Jason Mraz.  We are high school sweethearts and have been through, and know we will go through, many tough times together. This song expresses the beauty through struggle well. colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography

fun carnival-themed DIY wedding reception

I’m DYING over the bride’s gorgeous red reception dress. I kinda sorta REALLY want to steal her whole wedding, don’t you? It’s magical!

And if you didn’t get enough, here’s a fun film from their photobooth and photos, by photographer Jennie Andrews. And don’t forget to go see Part 1 of this wedding!

{Vendors} All vendors were hired locally out of Knoxville, Tennessee.  Photography: Jennie Andrews Photography / Planning: One Enchanted EveningCaterer and Pies:  Simply Southern CateringTent and Rentals: All Occasions Party Rental / Seating:  Something Borrowed Vintage Rentals (now Bash Factory) / Invitations and Signage: Kate Moore CreativeBand: The Pop Rocks

1. Posted Jan 29 at 11:39 am | Permalink

i want her red dress!

2. Posted Jan 29 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

What a cute and fun theme! I love the gold animals. And lawn games?! Brilliant.

3. Posted Jan 29 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

Loving every bit. What fun!

4. Posted Jan 30 at 2:53 am | Permalink

Amazing post 🙂 i love the ticket cake.

5. Posted Jan 31 at 1:51 am | Permalink

How can you not love this amazing wedding? So many fun details reflecting the couple’s personalities. Absolutely stunning the little red dress, the pinwheels, the guest books and the lounge area. Good job – and thanks a lot for sharing!

6. Posted Jan 31 at 7:00 am | Permalink

I really love the simple details on the event. It seems to be little things which gives more beauty of the event. Also, the red dress is very beautiful!This was really fun event, rather than a serious an a boring one.Congrats!xoxo

7. Posted May 2 at 11:38 pm | Permalink

It is fun for having DIY in the wedding, isn’t it? I am sure the process is meaningful. I like backyard idea as well. It is warm, natural, intimate and happy. The bridal gown is so beautiful. Your ladies are really fashionable. Congratulations!

8. Andrea
      Posted Jul 16 at 9:00 pm | Permalink

I’m a little late, but I was wondering if anyone can tell me how the labels on the tea tins were made and what are the strips of colored paper? Are the held down by the labels or labels themselves?

9. Posted Mar 11 at 11:59 am | Permalink

I really love the simple details on the event

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Quincy and I got the boys a little something to welcome them home. I'm not sure it's big enough  Thanks for the pic @ladyfinger77  Not gonna lie, it's been reeeeeaally nice having an almost empty house this week while the big boys are out of town and it's just Quincy and me. It's so peaceful and clean.  But when I get sent pictures like this of my boys with my cutie pie nephew Braxton, I start missing them something fierce and can't wait to see them tomorrow. #theadventuresofcharlieandcalvin #brothersandcousins #sooooooomanyboys
       Memorial weekend'n ❤️ #quincyrhys  Happy 4 months my chubby bunny! It's crazy to think that 8 years ago today your pops asked me to marry him and now here you are already 4 months old. You are happy and smiling 90% of the time and still screamy 10% of the time. Much better, but your unpredictable screaminess still pops up at the times when I'm trying to get out of the house or eat, usually both at once. I can take a hint. You are 17 lbs and almost 26 inches - putting you in the 90th % for height and 80th for weight. Oh, and your head is in the 94th % - which I'm fine with since it was a nice slightly below average size when you were born. You are hilariously huge  Your daddy says if you keep growing like this people are going to start calling you Hodor You have rolled from belly to back a few times (a small miracle given your size and how little floor time you've been able to have due to your reflux), scoot yourself with your feet when laying on your back, have reached for and grabbed a toy, and are a chatterbox. You like music, like being held in sitting and standing positions, and really wanna eat your hands. You are a champion napper -- usually taking a 2-3 hr one in the morning and a good afternoon one as well. I can even put you down without soothing you to sleep first and you fall asleep on your own - something that your brothers didn't do until at least 6 months old. You're sleeping from around 7:30 pm - 7 am, waking around 3:30 for a snack (you're totally not hungry either, you just miss me). You're just the cutest with your fat rolls and cheek dimps and duck fluff hair and big gummy smiles and you have everyone of us completely smitten.  #quincysmonthbymonth