• {Real Wedding} Cassie & Bennet: Intimate Backyard DIY Wedding + Carnival Reception (Part 2)

colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    Yesterday I shared Part 1 of this completely charming, absolutely fantastic, ridiculously good wedding (if you missed it, be sure to get your pinning finger ready and go be inspired).  Today, you get to see the whimsical, fun, fabulous carnival-themed reception.  Step right up!

colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    Almost everything you see was DIY: pinwheels, the ticket cake, the gold animals, bunting, burlap and chalkboard signs…  SO many great DIY details!

colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography
    colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photographyWe danced our first dance to “I Won’t Give Up” but Jason Mraz.  We are high school sweethearts and have been through, and know we will go through, many tough times together. This song expresses the beauty through struggle well. colorful carnival-themed DIY wedding from jennie andrews photography

fun carnival-themed DIY wedding reception

I’m DYING over the bride’s gorgeous red reception dress. I kinda sorta REALLY want to steal her whole wedding, don’t you? It’s magical!

And if you didn’t get enough, here’s a fun film from their photobooth and photos, by photographer Jennie Andrews. And don’t forget to go see Part 1 of this wedding!

{Vendors} All vendors were hired locally out of Knoxville, Tennessee.  Photography: Jennie Andrews Photography / Planning: One Enchanted EveningCaterer and Pies:  Simply Southern CateringTent and Rentals: All Occasions Party Rental / Seating:  Something Borrowed Vintage Rentals (now Bash Factory) / Invitations and Signage: Kate Moore CreativeBand: The Pop Rocks

1. Posted Jan 29 at 11:39 am | Permalink

i want her red dress!

2. Posted Jan 29 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

What a cute and fun theme! I love the gold animals. And lawn games?! Brilliant.

3. Posted Jan 29 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

Loving every bit. What fun!

4. Posted Jan 30 at 2:53 am | Permalink

Amazing post :) i love the ticket cake.

5. Posted Jan 31 at 1:51 am | Permalink

How can you not love this amazing wedding? So many fun details reflecting the couple’s personalities. Absolutely stunning the little red dress, the pinwheels, the guest books and the lounge area. Good job – and thanks a lot for sharing!

6. Posted Jan 31 at 7:00 am | Permalink

I really love the simple details on the event. It seems to be little things which gives more beauty of the event. Also, the red dress is very beautiful!This was really fun event, rather than a serious an a boring one.Congrats!xoxo

7. Posted May 2 at 11:38 pm | Permalink

It is fun for having DIY in the wedding, isn’t it? I am sure the process is meaningful. I like backyard idea as well. It is warm, natural, intimate and happy. The bridal gown is so beautiful. Your ladies are really fashionable. Congratulations!

8. Andrea
      Posted Jul 16 at 9:00 pm | Permalink

I’m a little late, but I was wondering if anyone can tell me how the labels on the tea tins were made and what are the strips of colored paper? Are the held down by the labels or labels themselves?

• follow oh lovely day on pinterest
    • Topics

Archives

• mens wearhouse
    • Sugarplum Lane Baby
    • Minted Wedding Stationery
    • Gilded Rentals

My Favorite Things

Shop For Your Honeymoon

Baby Must-Haves

• Our Wedding
    • Bloggers Wedding Advice
    • Lovely Ever After
    • oh lovely day on instagram
    •  I rounded up my favorite heirloom-worthy and cute collectible ornaments for kids, including several baby's first Christmas options. Head over to the blog to see them all and for direct links to buy (link in profile)
       Woke up with a sick baby at 4:30 am, got him back to sleep by 6, got one more hour of sleep till both kids woke up at 7, made Charlie's breakfast, got ready for court, nursed Calvin and got him down for a morning nap, drove Charlie to school where he showed his teacher I was wearing "work pants" and told me to have a good day, drove 40 minutes to court, appeared before two judges on two criminal cases and not only didn't sound like a total idiot but actually fooled them into thinking this was a normal day at the office for me (it was, before babies), stopped at target to buy yet another humidifier because both kids need one and they keep breaking and leaking all over our house, drove 40 minutes home and arrived just in time to nurse Calvin again. I may be tired and look a little rough, and I may have worn my Bella band on my suit pants because they don't actually fit yet, but I also proved to myself that I can be a working mom if I need to. Major renewed respect for all you working moms who balance that craziness everyday and manage to look put together and sound like your brain is functioning properly  today I feel like some sort of lawyerin momma blogger superhero and I'm gonna ride that high until I pass out from exhaustion. I can do it. We can do it. Go kick some ass today. Also, I love how Calvin grabs my hair when he nurses ❤️
    • Wedding Paper Divas Save the Date Card Sale