• {DIY} Ribbon + Lace Backdrop Tutorial

Today’s DIY comes to you from a new contributor! I’m hoping to share many more fab DIYs thanks to my lovely contributors.

Hello Oh Lovely Day readers! I’m Michaela and I’m thrilled to be sharing a recent Do it Yourself project. My cousin is getting married in March and her wedding is going to be a gorgeous mix of blush pink, mercury glass, metallic finishes, luscious flowers and pretty, eclectic details. She’s going to have a photo booth in one corner of the reception for guests to play around with, so we decided to create the backdrop ourselves.  With about 20 yards of various shades of pink, gray and cream ribbon, we did just that!  Here’s how we did it:

Materials: Glue gun, ribbon, cord, lace,  rope or a strong pipping (to attach all your ribbon to), tape measure, and scissors.

• Step 1: With your tape measure, measure how wide you want your ribbon backdrop to span. We made ours 6ft wide by 5ft long, because we figured that was large enough for a few people to fit into one photo frame.
    • Step 2: Cut your strips of ribbon and lace and lay them out in the pattern you want to glue them in.  I suggest this, because we realized we bought about 10 rolls of ribbon we weren’t going to need– back to the store they went!
    • Step 3: Wrap the top of the ribbon around the cord.  We chose a sturdy white cord typically used for trim. It’s the perfect weight to hold all this ribbon.  We wanted to be able to adjust the positioning of the ribbon on the day of (in case anything needed to be fixed due to travel), so we made the ribbon wrap around the cord which enables it to be slid right or left, similar to a curtain panel on a rod.
    • Step 4: Continue gluing ribbon until you reach the end of the cord.  Leave about 8 inches on either end so you can easily tie the ribbon backdrop wherever you need to attach it.

*images by michaela noelle designs

We’re so excited about how it turned out.  Thanks so much, Chandra, for letting me share our pink and lace photo booth backdrop project. You’re a doll :)

1. Posted Feb 19 at 7:05 am | Permalink

Love this DIY and I’m pinning it for my wedding! xoxo, Lindsay

2. Charlotte
      Posted Feb 19 at 7:28 am | Permalink

I love this, also love ribbons done in the same way on chairs, they look great x

3. Posted Feb 19 at 9:24 am | Permalink

Thanks for sharing the ribbon backdrop, Chandra! So fun :) xoxo
      Michaela

4. Posted Feb 19 at 10:41 am | Permalink

so pretty! thanks for sharing this!

5. Posted Feb 19 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous!!!

6. Posted Feb 19 at 9:16 pm | Permalink

LOVE this!

7. Liz aka @weddfest
      Posted Feb 24 at 1:24 am | Permalink

Perfect and something even I could manage!

8. Pat
      Posted Jan 10 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

I am wondering just how much ribbon this took? Did you mean 20 yards or 20 bolts of ribbon? Or 20 yards of each color? It’s very pretty. Thanks.

9. Posted Apr 15 at 9:27 pm | Permalink

would love to know how much ribbon was used for these measurements? Love it!

• follow oh lovely day on pinterest
    • Topics

Archives

• mens wearhouse
    • George Street Photo & Video
    • Sugarplum Lane Baby
    • Minted Wedding Stationery
    • Gilded Rentals

My Favorite Things

Shop For Your Honeymoon

Baby Must-Haves

• Our Wedding
    • Bloggers Wedding Advice
    • Lovely Ever After
    • oh lovely day on instagram
    •  Even when I actually sleep through the night (which is rare these days) I can't sleep in because I'm too uncomfortable to stay in bed. Taking advantage of a cool morning and sleeping Charlie and husband to have a quiet morning alone, windows open and curled up with my new book and blanky. It's nice, but I'd rather be sleeping. #37weeks #babyfredrickpartdeux
       It's so hot that I'm getting a ton of wear (as in every single day) from my maternity dresses. This one is one of my faves (have it in black too!) You can like this photo and sign up at the link to get an email with links to my favorite maternity dresses (most are around $30!) #37weeks #liketkit www.liketk.it/7Z80 @liketkit
    • Wedding Paper Divas Save the Date Card Sale