• Wizard of Oz Inspired Wedding Shoot

Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWhat do you get when you combine inspiration from The Wizard of Oz with a wedding? One of the most creative shoots I’ve featured on Oh Lovely Day, that’s what! The Wizard of Oz was one of my two favorite movies as a child (I called the second one “Maria” – who can guess the correct movie title!?) and seeing it brought to life in today’s wedding shoot makes me so happy. So follow the yellow brick road to today’s Emerald City Shoot from Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography.

Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comDon’t you just LOVE? The translation of ruby slippers into fab red bow heels, the emerald and gold palette with touches of red and rainbows, the whimsical ceremony set-up made to look like a yellow brick road…there’s just so much creative inspiration here. I think Dorothy would approve, don’t you?  And I’m loving that green birdcage veil – I want to see more colorful birdcage veils on brides – maybe as a reception piece.

So, what do you think?  Be sure to check out all of the images in the gallery – there’s even more to see!

{Vendors} Concept + Styling: Red Heels Events / Photography: Summer Jean Photography / Floral: Posh Petals / Paper Products: Paper & Ink Designs / Linen: Chair Cover and Linen Collection / Bride’s Dress: Stephanie James / Couple’s Accessories: Pixel & Hank / Jewelry: Jensen’s Jewelers / Vintage Rentals: Refunction Junktion Vintage Rentals / Videography: Inspiration Video / Makeup and Hair: Shelby Chapko / Chairs: Special Events LLC / Venue: Grand Haven Golf Club / Bakery: Second Floor Bakery

Leave a comment.

1. Posted Jul 22 at 7:23 am | Permalink

omg. the way those chairs are arranged is amazing. follow the yellow brick road… :)

2. Posted Jul 22 at 7:24 am | Permalink

Thank you SO much for featuring our inspiration shoot today!!

3. Posted Jul 22 at 10:05 am | Permalink

L.O.V.E. this shoot!! I also love Summer Jean Photography! I was in my good friend’s wedding the beginning of May with Summer as her photographer and she was a joy to work with! Not to mention her photos are fabulous! Great work by all! :)

4. Posted Jul 22 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

Really love this shoot. The table dressing and green glass really captures the magical of the emerald city.

5. Posted Jul 23 at 3:01 am | Permalink

How inspiring, creative and fun! I love the yellow brick road style chairs, and the glittery red shoes, of course!

6. Posted Jul 23 at 9:58 am | Permalink

Love the emerald, yellow and those ruby red shoes!

7. Posted Jul 29 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

This shoot is absolutely magical! Love every single thing about it! And let me take a guess – The Sound of Music??

5 Trackbacks

• follow oh lovely day on pinterest
    • Topics

Archives

• mens wearhouse
    • Minted Wedding Stationery
    • Gilded Rentals

My Favorite Things

Shop For Your Honeymoon

Baby Must-Haves

• Our Wedding
    • Bloggers Wedding Advice
    • Lovely Ever After
    • oh lovely day on instagram
    •  I pledge to refrain from distracted driving, not just when my kids are in the car, but all the time. Because even though my kids might not be with me, someone else's are with them. How will #UBsafe + #savekidslives? Head to @uppababy's profile link to do your own pledge - for every photo posted they are donating $1 to @safekidsworldwide. Let's make them spend some big bucks! Side note -- Cal now has two teef peeking through that bottom gum. He keeps smiling like this, as if to show them off. He did work hard for em  #calvinsmilestones
       Starting a new series on the blog: Oh Lovely Day's Favorite Places in LA. I'll share my favorite places to visit in the city and where we find local family fun. First up, a tour of a family favorite: @milkjarcookies (on the blog - #linkinprofile) And you can see our fave places by following #OLDsfaveplacesinLA here on IG as well. And after you check out the tour, scroll one more post down to enter this month's giveaway!
    • Wedding Paper Divas Save the Date Card Sale