• Wizard of Oz Inspired Wedding Shoot

Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWhat do you get when you combine inspiration from The Wizard of Oz with a wedding? One of the most creative shoots I’ve featured on Oh Lovely Day, that’s what! The Wizard of Oz was one of my two favorite movies as a child (I called the second one “Maria” – who can guess the correct movie title!?) and seeing it brought to life in today’s wedding shoot makes me so happy. So follow the yellow brick road to today’s Emerald City Shoot from Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography.

Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comDon’t you just LOVE? The translation of ruby slippers into fab red bow heels, the emerald and gold palette with touches of red and rainbows, the whimsical ceremony set-up made to look like a yellow brick road…there’s just so much creative inspiration here. I think Dorothy would approve, don’t you?  And I’m loving that green birdcage veil – I want to see more colorful birdcage veils on brides – maybe as a reception piece.

So, what do you think?  Be sure to check out all of the images in the gallery – there’s even more to see!

{Vendors} Concept + Styling: Red Heels Events / Photography: Summer Jean Photography / Floral: Posh Petals / Paper Products: Paper & Ink Designs / Linen: Chair Cover and Linen Collection / Bride’s Dress: Stephanie James / Couple’s Accessories: Pixel & Hank / Jewelry: Jensen’s Jewelers / Vintage Rentals: Refunction Junktion Vintage Rentals / Videography: Inspiration Video / Makeup and Hair: Shelby Chapko / Chairs: Special Events LLC / Venue: Grand Haven Golf Club / Bakery: Second Floor Bakery

Leave a comment.

1. Posted Jul 22 at 7:23 am | Permalink

omg. the way those chairs are arranged is amazing. follow the yellow brick road… 🙂

2. Posted Jul 22 at 7:24 am | Permalink

Thank you SO much for featuring our inspiration shoot today!!

3. Posted Jul 22 at 10:05 am | Permalink

L.O.V.E. this shoot!! I also love Summer Jean Photography! I was in my good friend’s wedding the beginning of May with Summer as her photographer and she was a joy to work with! Not to mention her photos are fabulous! Great work by all! 🙂

4. Posted Jul 22 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

Really love this shoot. The table dressing and green glass really captures the magical of the emerald city.

5. Posted Jul 23 at 3:01 am | Permalink

How inspiring, creative and fun! I love the yellow brick road style chairs, and the glittery red shoes, of course!

6. Posted Jul 23 at 9:58 am | Permalink

Love the emerald, yellow and those ruby red shoes!

7. Posted Jul 29 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

This shoot is absolutely magical! Love every single thing about it! And let me take a guess – The Sound of Music??

5 Trackbacks

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  You've had quite a milestone month from 7-8 months. You're scooting (with some speed), crawling, sitting up on your own, and sleeping through the night (with one feeding around 4:30-5) pretty consistently. You totally want to mix it up with your brothers -- sometimes I think you are trying to jump out of my lap to get to them. You and Charlie have the sweetest relationship and you and Cal are best bros. They are both so loving towards you and patient when you pull their hair or grab the toy they have. I wish they were that patient with each other  They both watch out for you, retrieve things you drop, laugh when you're doing silly things like shaking your head like crazy, and are always looking for you. You're eating solids three times a day, still love to nurse, still have no teeth, are constantly babbling (dadadada is common), and are amazingly strong. You are 21.5 lbs (75th %) and are 90th % for height. And you still don't like me out of your sight -- all the heart eyes for momma and I love it. You're quite a flirt with everyone though but aren't loving when men get too close or talk to you too much. Except for daddy -- you're a big fan of him. You went from being my hardest baby to my easiest of the three right now. Thanks for the reprieve. Your happiness is infectious and each dimpled smile you give brightens everyone's day. Happy 8 months buddy. Love you times a million. #quincysmonthbymonth  I know someday you won't want to hold my hand anymore, but I sure do hope that day is still very far away. Like 10-15 years maybe?  #battlefieldmotherhood
       These three are why I'm now a morning person. Starting each day with smiles and kisses from these boys is what fuels me for the day. And coffee. Lots and lots of coffee  #thefredrickboys  Had the best time with my biggest boy at the @nhmla today. He's been there so many times since we have a membership that he has an order he likes to follow. But I surprised him by taking him on Dinofest weekend and he loved it so much he didn't even mind that it was too crowded to see the butterflies today or that we couldn't see everything. Sometimes it is so good for the both of us to have some time together, away from the babies. Like the old days. #charlesdashiell #mommacharliedateday #oldsfaveplacesinla