• Wizard of Oz Inspired Wedding Shoot

Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWhat do you get when you combine inspiration from The Wizard of Oz with a wedding? One of the most creative shoots I’ve featured on Oh Lovely Day, that’s what! The Wizard of Oz was one of my two favorite movies as a child (I called the second one “Maria” – who can guess the correct movie title!?) and seeing it brought to life in today’s wedding shoot makes me so happy. So follow the yellow brick road to today’s Emerald City Shoot from Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography.

Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comDon’t you just LOVE? The translation of ruby slippers into fab red bow heels, the emerald and gold palette with touches of red and rainbows, the whimsical ceremony set-up made to look like a yellow brick road…there’s just so much creative inspiration here. I think Dorothy would approve, don’t you?  And I’m loving that green birdcage veil – I want to see more colorful birdcage veils on brides – maybe as a reception piece.

So, what do you think?  Be sure to check out all of the images in the gallery – there’s even more to see!

{Vendors} Concept + Styling: Red Heels Events / Photography: Summer Jean Photography / Floral: Posh Petals / Paper Products: Paper & Ink Designs / Linen: Chair Cover and Linen Collection / Bride’s Dress: Stephanie James / Couple’s Accessories: Pixel & Hank / Jewelry: Jensen’s Jewelers / Vintage Rentals: Refunction Junktion Vintage Rentals / Videography: Inspiration Video / Makeup and Hair: Shelby Chapko / Chairs: Special Events LLC / Venue: Grand Haven Golf Club / Bakery: Second Floor Bakery

Leave a comment.

1. Posted Jul 22 at 7:23 am | Permalink

omg. the way those chairs are arranged is amazing. follow the yellow brick road… :)

2. Posted Jul 22 at 7:24 am | Permalink

Thank you SO much for featuring our inspiration shoot today!!

3. Posted Jul 22 at 10:05 am | Permalink

L.O.V.E. this shoot!! I also love Summer Jean Photography! I was in my good friend’s wedding the beginning of May with Summer as her photographer and she was a joy to work with! Not to mention her photos are fabulous! Great work by all! :)

4. Posted Jul 22 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

Really love this shoot. The table dressing and green glass really captures the magical of the emerald city.

5. Posted Jul 23 at 3:01 am | Permalink

How inspiring, creative and fun! I love the yellow brick road style chairs, and the glittery red shoes, of course!

6. Posted Jul 23 at 9:58 am | Permalink

Love the emerald, yellow and those ruby red shoes!

7. Posted Jul 29 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

This shoot is absolutely magical! Love every single thing about it! And let me take a guess – The Sound of Music??

5 Trackbacks

• follow oh lovely day on pinterest
    • Topics

Archives

• mens wearhouse
    • George Street Photo & Video
    • Sugarplum Lane Baby
    • Minted Wedding Stationery
    • Gilded Rentals

My Favorite Things

Shop For Your Honeymoon

Baby Must-Haves

• Our Wedding
    • Bloggers Wedding Advice
    • Lovely Ever After
    • oh lovely day on instagram
    •  19 years ago today, I went on my very first date with this stud. Subway sandwiches, a picnic at the park, a walk in the woods, and ice cream cones. I wore cut off jean shorts and rocked a 90's spiral perm and he wore socks with sandals. Just over 14 years (and quite a few "breaks") later, we got married. Now we're about to celebrate our 5 year anniversary and the birth of our second son. Life is crazy cool. Happy first date anniversary to my just as hot, social media-less, baby daddy and husband. Even though my hormones indicate otherwise lately, I love you so much and am so lucky to do this thing called life with you. ❤️
       Came home to the best surprise ever (my favorite pizza ever) courtesy of the best momma ever. In a couple days it will be 10 years since I moved from Chicago to LA and in all of that time I have never ordered one of these to be shipped to me, even though I wanted to a million times. And I haven't been to Chicago for 3 years (which is way too long to be apart!) so I'm really really excited to dig in to this beauty. Where my Giordannos lovers at?
    • Wedding Paper Divas Save the Date Card Sale