• Wizard of Oz Inspired Wedding Shoot

Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWhat do you get when you combine inspiration from The Wizard of Oz with a wedding? One of the most creative shoots I’ve featured on Oh Lovely Day, that’s what! The Wizard of Oz was one of my two favorite movies as a child (I called the second one “Maria” – who can guess the correct movie title!?) and seeing it brought to life in today’s wedding shoot makes me so happy. So follow the yellow brick road to today’s Emerald City Shoot from Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography.

Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comDon’t you just LOVE? The translation of ruby slippers into fab red bow heels, the emerald and gold palette with touches of red and rainbows, the whimsical ceremony set-up made to look like a yellow brick road…there’s just so much creative inspiration here. I think Dorothy would approve, don’t you?  And I’m loving that green birdcage veil – I want to see more colorful birdcage veils on brides – maybe as a reception piece.

So, what do you think?  Be sure to check out all of the images in the gallery – there’s even more to see!

{Vendors} Concept + Styling: Red Heels Events / Photography: Summer Jean Photography / Floral: Posh Petals / Paper Products: Paper & Ink Designs / Linen: Chair Cover and Linen Collection / Bride’s Dress: Stephanie James / Couple’s Accessories: Pixel & Hank / Jewelry: Jensen’s Jewelers / Vintage Rentals: Refunction Junktion Vintage Rentals / Videography: Inspiration Video / Makeup and Hair: Shelby Chapko / Chairs: Special Events LLC / Venue: Grand Haven Golf Club / Bakery: Second Floor Bakery

Leave a comment.

1. Posted Jul 22 at 7:23 am | Permalink

omg. the way those chairs are arranged is amazing. follow the yellow brick road… :)

2. Posted Jul 22 at 7:24 am | Permalink

Thank you SO much for featuring our inspiration shoot today!!

3. Posted Jul 22 at 10:05 am | Permalink

L.O.V.E. this shoot!! I also love Summer Jean Photography! I was in my good friend’s wedding the beginning of May with Summer as her photographer and she was a joy to work with! Not to mention her photos are fabulous! Great work by all! :)

4. Posted Jul 22 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

Really love this shoot. The table dressing and green glass really captures the magical of the emerald city.

5. Posted Jul 23 at 3:01 am | Permalink

How inspiring, creative and fun! I love the yellow brick road style chairs, and the glittery red shoes, of course!

6. Posted Jul 23 at 9:58 am | Permalink

Love the emerald, yellow and those ruby red shoes!

7. Posted Jul 29 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

This shoot is absolutely magical! Love every single thing about it! And let me take a guess – The Sound of Music??

3 Trackbacks

• follow oh lovely day on pinterest
    • Topics

Archives

• mens wearhouse
    • George Street Photo & Video
    • Sugarplum Lane Baby
    • Minted Wedding Stationery
    • Gilded Rentals

My Favorite Things

Shop For Your Honeymoon

Baby Must-Haves

• Our Wedding
    • Bloggers Wedding Advice
    • Lovely Ever After
    • oh lovely day on instagram
    •  Today had some highs and some lows. It was way way way too hot to be this pregnant and it turns out that all the pressure and pain I'm feeling is not this baby's head peeking out yet (if I could see down there I would swear he would be looking back up at me), as there is no dilation happening so far. Upside, I saw Dave Grohl at my OB's office (with his pregnant wife, obvs) and he said hi and gave me a sympathetic smile. I almost peed my pants (more than usual) as I seriously love Dave Grohl. Also, this pretty pretty @doielounge robe showed up at my door and I can wait to treat myself to wearing it post-baby. Presents make me happy. So I think presents and Dave Grohl beat the heat and sealed cervix. For today... Side note: if you want to DIY a sequin hanger of your own, I shared a DIY for it a while back. Just search DIY sequin hanger on the blog (link in profile). It, and said robe, are both perfect for wedding photos, bridesmaid gifts, etc.
       #tbt to baby Charlie, looking all cute and getting me excited for spit bubbles, razzing, and baby laughs all over again. And also to get me through the hottest day of the year at 9 months pregnant. Eff off heat!
    • Wedding Paper Divas Save the Date Card Sale