• Wizard of Oz Inspired Wedding Shoot

Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWhat do you get when you combine inspiration from The Wizard of Oz with a wedding? One of the most creative shoots I’ve featured on Oh Lovely Day, that’s what! The Wizard of Oz was one of my two favorite movies as a child (I called the second one “Maria” – who can guess the correct movie title!?) and seeing it brought to life in today’s wedding shoot makes me so happy. So follow the yellow brick road to today’s Emerald City Shoot from Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography.

Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comWizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.com Wizard of Oz Wedding | Red Heels Events and Summer Jean Photography on ohlovelyday.comDon’t you just LOVE? The translation of ruby slippers into fab red bow heels, the emerald and gold palette with touches of red and rainbows, the whimsical ceremony set-up made to look like a yellow brick road…there’s just so much creative inspiration here. I think Dorothy would approve, don’t you?  And I’m loving that green birdcage veil – I want to see more colorful birdcage veils on brides – maybe as a reception piece.

So, what do you think?  Be sure to check out all of the images in the gallery – there’s even more to see!

{Vendors} Concept + Styling: Red Heels Events / Photography: Summer Jean Photography / Floral: Posh Petals / Paper Products: Paper & Ink Designs / Linen: Chair Cover and Linen Collection / Bride’s Dress: Stephanie James / Couple’s Accessories: Pixel & Hank / Jewelry: Jensen’s Jewelers / Vintage Rentals: Refunction Junktion Vintage Rentals / Videography: Inspiration Video / Makeup and Hair: Shelby Chapko / Chairs: Special Events LLC / Venue: Grand Haven Golf Club / Bakery: Second Floor Bakery

Leave a comment.

1. Posted Jul 22 at 7:23 am | Permalink

omg. the way those chairs are arranged is amazing. follow the yellow brick road… 🙂

2. Posted Jul 22 at 7:24 am | Permalink

Thank you SO much for featuring our inspiration shoot today!!

3. Posted Jul 22 at 10:05 am | Permalink

L.O.V.E. this shoot!! I also love Summer Jean Photography! I was in my good friend’s wedding the beginning of May with Summer as her photographer and she was a joy to work with! Not to mention her photos are fabulous! Great work by all! 🙂

4. Posted Jul 22 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

Really love this shoot. The table dressing and green glass really captures the magical of the emerald city.

5. Posted Jul 23 at 3:01 am | Permalink

How inspiring, creative and fun! I love the yellow brick road style chairs, and the glittery red shoes, of course!

6. Posted Jul 23 at 9:58 am | Permalink

Love the emerald, yellow and those ruby red shoes!

7. Posted Jul 29 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

This shoot is absolutely magical! Love every single thing about it! And let me take a guess – The Sound of Music??

5 Trackbacks

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  7 months old today, but momma won't be taking your 7 month photo today (probably not tomorrow either) because I'm so tired from your sleeping more like a 7 week old than a 7 month old. Did you not get the 3rd baby memo? If you don't give me more sleep soon I'm going to pull a Lindsay Lohan and check myself into a nice facility due to my "exhaustion" (except in my case it really will be exhaustion). Then who will you wake up all night, huh? So can you try and just wake me up once a night? Instead of 3? Deal? DEAL!!!? #seriouslysotired #quincyrhys  Mama said there'd be days like this... Just not 200 of them in a row  good thing the company's cute. Also, currently loving this playmat from @lollalandusa - it's big and soft and cleans easily. And now we can practice sitting without worrying about head bumps when he falls over  #quincyrhys #OLDfavefinds
       I can hardly believe Quincy was ever this tiny. And now he's 7 months tomorrow. Since we are out of the infant baby gear/clothing phase, I'm selling it all at a deep discount now at @ohlovelydaysale (including this playmat!) and more this weekend if you are local. See the flyer a few posts back and head to my sale feed. Tag your expecting friends or the mom's of new babes that are in So Cal! #OLDsamplesale  Got one little corner of the boys' soon-to-be-shared bedroom done today. Once the bunkbeds arrive I may totally rearrange things but for now I'm loving this @thelandofnod table for reading, doing puzzles, and there is a hidden bin underneath where I have a Lego topper hidden so we can make it a Lego table too. And store those puzzles with all of the little pieces that drive me insane  Can't wait to finish and share more of this room (and move Cal in so I can move Quincy into the nursery and maybe get a little more sleep!) You can see the design process and inspiration that I did with the design services team from The Land of Nod on the blog as well (link in profile). #projectsharedboysbedroom #calvins3rdyear