Sequin Confetti Poppers DIY

sequin confetti poppers DIY | Oh Lovely Day | photo by Amy Stone

I’m excited to share today’s DIY because it combines three of my favorite things: sequins, confetti, and washi tape! These confetti poppers are really cute for a recessional (place one on each guest’s seat) or as a favor for a party or small event. And if you are using them outside you can use a more eco-friendly confetti, but I used sequins and sparkle for fun.

sequin confetti poppers DIY | Oh Lovely Day | photo by Amy Stone

Here’s what you’ll need:

sequin confetti poppers DIY | Oh Lovely Day | photo by Amy Stone

Step 1: wrap pieces of washi tape in various patterns and colors however you like around your push pop. I liked covering the top and bottom, and then doing one winding around the cylinder.

Step 2: trace the circle of the push pop on your metallic stock paper and cut out the circle to “seal” your push pop.

Step 3: fill the cylinder with sequins or other confetti.

Step 4: place the stock paper circle on top of the push pop to seal it. You may have to push it in gently while pushing the push pop bottom up and using the force of the confetti to straighten the circle lid. Then pull the push pop bottom back down and confetti will fall down as well. If you have the lid large enough to fill the hole, when you push it open to shower the confetti, the lid will make a popping sound.

Step 5: Pop confetti & celebrate!

sequin confetti poppers DIY | Oh Lovely Day | photo by Amy Stone sequin confetti poppers DIY | Oh Lovely Day | photo by Amy Stone

I really love how these turned out. I used them at each place setting for a recent baby shower. How would you use them?

Photos by Amy Stone PhotographyAmy Stone is a member of our Lovely Vendor Guide. If you’d like to be considered for our handpicked vendor guide, apply here.

Leave a comment.

1. Posted Aug 19 at 8:30 am | Permalink

So fun and creative!

2. Posted Aug 19 at 9:34 am | Permalink

girl, stop it! seriously this is waaaay too much cuteness for Monday! Love this idea!

3. Posted Aug 19 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

These are adorable! I never knew about those push pop containers — how creative to use them this way! So much fun to be had with sequins or other confetti “fillings”.

4. Posted Aug 19 at 2:15 pm | Permalink

such a cute DIY!

5. Theresa
    Posted Aug 21 at 8:47 am | Permalink

I think this would be great to make for New Year’s Eve. At the stroke of midnight, everyone pops their sequin poppers!!! Great for First Night because we will be outside. Thanks so much for the idea. Can’t wait to make them.

6. Posted Aug 21 at 11:33 am | Permalink

I would NOT use them outside as I suspect the sequins would not be good for birds and other creatures to snack on.

• Posted Aug 21 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

yep, that’s why I said in the post not to use sequins outside, but a more eco-friendly confetti 🙂

8 Trackbacks

• Oh Lovely Day is the go-to blog on motherhood, product recommendations and parenting tips, family and home, and wedding.
  • shop my current favorite things

•  Can I please freeze time and keep him this sweet bonnet wearing, sling loving chubby baby forever? #allthefeels #themorebabiesyouhavethemorebabiesyouwant #quincyrhys  Cure for this heatwave? Slowly walking around in air conditioned Trader Joe's and buying all of the mini pumpkins  it worked for a little while.
     Surprised this fella with a solo ice cream date after school today and it was good. The company and the ice cream.   Each one of my kids teaches me different things in different ways. Today this one taught me that two tantrums and a skipped nap do not a bad day make. Because despite his seriously trying my patience today we actually had a pretty good one. And his smiles are just the best ❤️ / Alternative caption: I want his bangs  #mommacalvinselfies #calvins3rdyear #battlefieldmotherhood
%d bloggers like this: