• Sequin Confetti Poppers DIY

sequin confetti poppers DIY | Oh Lovely Day | photo by Amy Stone

I’m excited to share today’s DIY because it combines three of my favorite things: sequins, confetti, and washi tape! These confetti poppers are really cute for a recessional (place one on each guest’s seat) or as a favor for a party or small event. And if you are using them outside you can use a more eco-friendly confetti, but I used sequins and sparkle for fun.

sequin confetti poppers DIY | Oh Lovely Day | photo by Amy Stone

Here’s what you’ll need:

sequin confetti poppers DIY | Oh Lovely Day | photo by Amy Stone

Step 1: wrap pieces of washi tape in various patterns and colors however you like around your push pop. I liked covering the top and bottom, and then doing one winding around the cylinder.

Step 2: trace the circle of the push pop on your metallic stock paper and cut out the circle to “seal” your push pop.

Step 3: fill the cylinder with sequins or other confetti.

Step 4: place the stock paper circle on top of the push pop to seal it. You may have to push it in gently while pushing the push pop bottom up and using the force of the confetti to straighten the circle lid. Then pull the push pop bottom back down and confetti will fall down as well. If you have the lid large enough to fill the hole, when you push it open to shower the confetti, the lid will make a popping sound.

Step 5: Pop confetti & celebrate!

sequin confetti poppers DIY | Oh Lovely Day | photo by Amy Stone sequin confetti poppers DIY | Oh Lovely Day | photo by Amy Stone

I really love how these turned out. I used them at each place setting for a recent baby shower. How would you use them?

Photos by Amy Stone PhotographyAmy Stone is a member of our Lovely Vendor Guide. If you’d like to be considered for our handpicked vendor guide, apply here.

Leave a comment.

1. Posted Aug 19 at 8:30 am | Permalink

So fun and creative!

2. Posted Aug 19 at 9:34 am | Permalink

girl, stop it! seriously this is waaaay too much cuteness for Monday! Love this idea!

3. Posted Aug 19 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

These are adorable! I never knew about those push pop containers — how creative to use them this way! So much fun to be had with sequins or other confetti “fillings”.

4. Posted Aug 19 at 2:15 pm | Permalink

such a cute DIY!

5. Theresa
      Posted Aug 21 at 8:47 am | Permalink

I think this would be great to make for New Year’s Eve. At the stroke of midnight, everyone pops their sequin poppers!!! Great for First Night because we will be outside. Thanks so much for the idea. Can’t wait to make them.

6. Posted Aug 21 at 11:33 am | Permalink

I would NOT use them outside as I suspect the sequins would not be good for birds and other creatures to snack on.

• Posted Aug 21 at 12:39 pm | Permalink

yep, that’s why I said in the post not to use sequins outside, but a more eco-friendly confetti 🙂

8 Trackbacks

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Got one little corner of the boys' soon-to-be-shared bedroom done today. Once the bunkbeds arrive I may totally rearrange things but for now I'm loving this @thelandofnod table for reading, doing puzzles, and there is a hidden bin underneath where I have a Lego topper hidden so we can make it a Lego table too. And store those puzzles with all of the little pieces that drive me insane  Can't wait to finish and share more of this room (and move Cal in so I can move Quincy into the nursery and maybe get a little more sleep!) You can see the design process and inspiration that I did with the design services team from The Land of Nod on the blog as well (link in profile). #projectsharedboysbedroom #calvins3rdyear  Waking up to the news of the devastation in Italy -- I left a piece of my heart there when we were on our honeymoon (this photo was taken in Orvieto). Sending thoughts and love to everyone there. So so sad.
       And just like that, Calvin is more little boy than baby  #calvins3rdyear #boyhood  L O V E ❤️ It really is all you need. What the world needs. What we all need. Am I right? #30weeks #quincysweekbyweek #quincyrhysambassadoroflove Adorable design by @heymamacase's sweet son Eddy and available in her shop @mamacaseprints