• Classic Mint + Peach Wedding

Classic Mint and Peach Wedding | photo by Leslie Hollingsworth | Oh Lovely Day

From the moment I laid eyes on these mint green bridesmaid dresses and lovely lush bouquets, I was head over heels in love with this wedding. It only took one photo. I don’t think bridesmaid dresses get any prettier, and the florals in this wedding are beyond stunning.

On our wedding day, we wanted to create an atmosphere of natural beauty and simple elegance that would display the beauty of marriage, two lives joining together. We knew that we would have friends and family traveling from around the country and world, who supported us through the journey of our relationship and our desire was that this day would highlight our gratitude for our wonderful friends and family and would be a day of joyful celebration for all involved.

Advice for couples planning now? Enjoy every single moment. Weddings have a tendency to be a blur because there is so much going on, but, this may be one of the few occasions in life in which you have almost all the people you care about most in one place, and they are there to support and celebrate you. Be intentional about soaking up every part of the day and the people who are there!

Classic Mint and Peach Wedding | photo by Leslie Hollingsworth | Oh Lovely Day Classic Mint and Peach Wedding | photo by Leslie Hollingsworth | Oh Lovely Day Classic Mint and Peach Wedding | photo by Leslie Hollingsworth | Oh Lovely Day Classic Mint and Peach Wedding | photo by Leslie Hollingsworth | Oh Lovely Day Classic Mint and Peach Wedding | photo by Leslie Hollingsworth | Oh Lovely Day Classic Mint and Peach Wedding | photo by Leslie Hollingsworth | Oh Lovely Day Classic Mint and Peach Wedding | photo by Leslie Hollingsworth | Oh Lovely Day Classic Mint and Peach Wedding | photo by Leslie Hollingsworth | Oh Lovely Day

My favorite moment from the day definitely took place at our reception. We did a combined Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dance to My Girl. Towards the end of the song, our band broke out in  the Harlem Shake and all of our wedding party came out onto the dance floor, doing the Harlem Shake; including one of the groomsmen coming out in a full penguin costume. That got the party started and the dance floor was hopping the rest of the night.

What made your wedding YOU?

What made our wedding us were the people who were there. We both deeply value friends and family and at the end of the day the most important part was who celebrated with us. The day truly had a laid back and relaxed, yet simply elegant feel, while at the same time was a ton of fun with food, drinks, dancing, and celebrating with the people who are most important to us.

Was I right about the florals? And the classic elegance of this wedding combined with the boho feel of the bridesmaids (those flowy dresses and the wavy relaxed hairstyles are perfection) and the feminine color palette of mint + peach makes this one of the loveliest weddings I’ve seen in a while. Wouldn’t you agree? Congrats to Sara & Zach!

Side note, this is my 1000th post on Oh Lovely Day! Can you believe it? I think I’m due a pay raise 🙂

Photographer:  Leslie Hollingsworth Photography / Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaid / Invitation Designer: Georgia Ann’s Paperie / Band: Nationwide Coverage / Cake Designer: Barb’s Cakes, llc / Event Planner: Sharon Bell of GoPro Event Solutions, LLC / Dress Store: Ivory & White / Reception Venue: The Club / Florals: Dean Hodge (no website) / Groom’s Attire: Men’s Wearhouse / Hair & Makeup: Melissa Bogardus / Signage: Etsy Shop Flair Designery

Leave a comment.

1. Posted Nov 5 at 9:32 am | Permalink

Amazing pictures! Love the bridesmaids dresses, the location, your dress, the atmosphere … just everything look absolutely perfect! 🙂

x

2. Posted Nov 5 at 9:37 am | Permalink

This is probably my favorite color palette – one that I’m keeping in mind for my big day (someday). Gorgeous!

Lily on Fillmore

3. Posted Nov 5 at 11:23 am | Permalink

Absolutely stunning. Those bridesmaid dresses are amazing!

4. Posted Nov 6 at 4:13 am | Permalink

lovely coloursand location

5. Shannon
      Posted Nov 7 at 11:06 am | Permalink

Are these Dessy dresses? If so is the color celadon?

• Posted Nov 7 at 8:56 pm | Permalink

They are from Bella Bridesmaid – not sure Dessy sells there. But I’ll see if I can get more info from the bride!

• Shannon
          Posted Nov 15 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

Some Bella Bridesmaid stores do sell Dessy, apparently it is by location.

• Emily
          Posted Mar 17 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

Did we ever get an update on the bridesmaid dress designer and style?

6. Posted Dec 6 at 1:25 pm | Permalink

Classic mint is a color is it’s own. Although it falls under the pastel colors it is very underestimated and shines throughout any ceremony.

7. Ashley
      Posted Dec 23 at 1:56 pm | Permalink

Love these bridesmaid dresses! Do you know who the designer is?

8. Kalisha Ybarra
      Posted May 16 at 7:20 am | Permalink

Is there any update on where these bridesmaid dresses are from and the color name? I’ve been looking for these exact ones forever and would love to have them for my bridesmaids!

9. Emily
      Posted Jun 26 at 9:11 am | Permalink

I think I found those exact dresses! I believe they’re from the After Six line on the Dessy website. Not sure what color these particular bridesmaids are in… but they’re beautiful!

10. Megan Utzman
      Posted Aug 5 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

Hello!

Do you have any information from the Bride on where the bridesmaids necklaces are from?

If you could email me back, that would be super!

Thanks!

11. Kristina
      Posted Aug 13 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

Great post and I’m looking for that EXACT same color of bridesmaid dresses- do you know the designer/color name??

12. Joanna
      Posted Aug 24 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

Hi there!

I absolutely LOVE the bridesmaid dresses! Exactly what I am looking for! Can you share what brand the dresses were?

Thank you!

13. Meredith
      Posted Sep 14 at 6:15 am | Permalink

I love these bridesmaid dresses as well! Any update form the bride on what designer and color they are? It seems a lot of us love this color palette. Thank you!!

14. Emme
      Posted May 29 at 8:52 am | Permalink

I have also been looking for the bridesmaid dress. The Dessy dress style has been discontinued but Bella Bridesmaid referred me to this similar style for $210.

15. Posted Jun 28 at 9:04 pm | Permalink

Wonderful site. Lots of helpful info here. I am sending it to several pals ans also sharing in delicious.
      And obviously, thank you on your effort!

5 Trackbacks

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  7 months old today, but momma won't be taking your 7 month photo today (probably not tomorrow either) because I'm so tired from your sleeping more like a 7 week old than a 7 month old. Did you not get the 3rd baby memo? If you don't give me more sleep soon I'm going to pull a Lindsay Lohan and check myself into a nice facility due to my "exhaustion" (except in my case it really will be exhaustion). Then who will you wake up all night, huh? So can you try and just wake me up once a night? Instead of 3? Deal? DEAL!!!? #seriouslysotired #quincyrhys  Mama said there'd be days like this... Just not 200 of them in a row  good thing the company's cute. Also, currently loving this playmat from @lollalandusa - it's big and soft and cleans easily. And now we can practice sitting without worrying about head bumps when he falls over  #quincyrhys #OLDfavefinds
       I can hardly believe Quincy was ever this tiny. And now he's 7 months tomorrow. Since we are out of the infant baby gear/clothing phase, I'm selling it all at a deep discount now at @ohlovelydaysale (including this playmat!) and more this weekend if you are local. See the flyer a few posts back and head to my sale feed. Tag your expecting friends or the mom's of new babes that are in So Cal! #OLDsamplesale  Got one little corner of the boys' soon-to-be-shared bedroom done today. Once the bunkbeds arrive I may totally rearrange things but for now I'm loving this @thelandofnod table for reading, doing puzzles, and there is a hidden bin underneath where I have a Lego topper hidden so we can make it a Lego table too. And store those puzzles with all of the little pieces that drive me insane  Can't wait to finish and share more of this room (and move Cal in so I can move Quincy into the nursery and maybe get a little more sleep!) You can see the design process and inspiration that I did with the design services team from The Land of Nod on the blog as well (link in profile). #projectsharedboysbedroom #calvins3rdyear