Classic Mint + Peach Wedding

Classic Mint and Peach Wedding | photo by Leslie Hollingsworth | Oh Lovely Day

From the moment I laid eyes on these mint green bridesmaid dresses and lovely lush bouquets, I was head over heels in love with this wedding. It only took one photo. I don’t think bridesmaid dresses get any prettier, and the florals in this wedding are beyond stunning.

On our wedding day, we wanted to create an atmosphere of natural beauty and simple elegance that would display the beauty of marriage, two lives joining together. We knew that we would have friends and family traveling from around the country and world, who supported us through the journey of our relationship and our desire was that this day would highlight our gratitude for our wonderful friends and family and would be a day of joyful celebration for all involved.

Advice for couples planning now? Enjoy every single moment. Weddings have a tendency to be a blur because there is so much going on, but, this may be one of the few occasions in life in which you have almost all the people you care about most in one place, and they are there to support and celebrate you. Be intentional about soaking up every part of the day and the people who are there!

Classic Mint and Peach Wedding | photo by Leslie Hollingsworth | Oh Lovely Day Classic Mint and Peach Wedding | photo by Leslie Hollingsworth | Oh Lovely Day Classic Mint and Peach Wedding | photo by Leslie Hollingsworth | Oh Lovely Day Classic Mint and Peach Wedding | photo by Leslie Hollingsworth | Oh Lovely Day Classic Mint and Peach Wedding | photo by Leslie Hollingsworth | Oh Lovely Day Classic Mint and Peach Wedding | photo by Leslie Hollingsworth | Oh Lovely Day Classic Mint and Peach Wedding | photo by Leslie Hollingsworth | Oh Lovely Day Classic Mint and Peach Wedding | photo by Leslie Hollingsworth | Oh Lovely Day

My favorite moment from the day definitely took place at our reception. We did a combined Father/Daughter and Mother/Son dance to My Girl. Towards the end of the song, our band broke out in  the Harlem Shake and all of our wedding party came out onto the dance floor, doing the Harlem Shake; including one of the groomsmen coming out in a full penguin costume. That got the party started and the dance floor was hopping the rest of the night.

What made your wedding YOU?

What made our wedding us were the people who were there. We both deeply value friends and family and at the end of the day the most important part was who celebrated with us. The day truly had a laid back and relaxed, yet simply elegant feel, while at the same time was a ton of fun with food, drinks, dancing, and celebrating with the people who are most important to us.

Was I right about the florals? And the classic elegance of this wedding combined with the boho feel of the bridesmaids (those flowy dresses and the wavy relaxed hairstyles are perfection) and the feminine color palette of mint + peach makes this one of the loveliest weddings I’ve seen in a while. Wouldn’t you agree? Congrats to Sara & Zach!

Side note, this is my 1000th post on Oh Lovely Day! Can you believe it? I think I’m due a pay raise 🙂

Photographer:  Leslie Hollingsworth Photography / Bridesmaid Dresses: Bella Bridesmaid / Invitation Designer: Georgia Ann’s Paperie / Band: Nationwide Coverage / Cake Designer: Barb’s Cakes, llc / Event Planner: Sharon Bell of GoPro Event Solutions, LLC / Dress Store: Ivory & White / Reception Venue: The Club / Florals: Dean Hodge (no website) / Groom’s Attire: Men’s Wearhouse / Hair & Makeup: Melissa Bogardus / Signage: Etsy Shop Flair Designery

Leave a comment.

1. Posted Nov 5 at 9:32 am | Permalink

Amazing pictures! Love the bridesmaids dresses, the location, your dress, the atmosphere … just everything look absolutely perfect! 🙂

x

2. Posted Nov 5 at 9:37 am | Permalink

This is probably my favorite color palette – one that I’m keeping in mind for my big day (someday). Gorgeous!

Lily on Fillmore

3. Posted Nov 5 at 11:23 am | Permalink

Absolutely stunning. Those bridesmaid dresses are amazing!

4. Posted Nov 6 at 4:13 am | Permalink

lovely coloursand location

5. Shannon
    Posted Nov 7 at 11:06 am | Permalink

Are these Dessy dresses? If so is the color celadon?

• Posted Nov 7 at 8:56 pm | Permalink

They are from Bella Bridesmaid – not sure Dessy sells there. But I’ll see if I can get more info from the bride!

• Shannon
        Posted Nov 15 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

Some Bella Bridesmaid stores do sell Dessy, apparently it is by location.

• Emily
        Posted Mar 17 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

Did we ever get an update on the bridesmaid dress designer and style?

6. Posted Dec 6 at 1:25 pm | Permalink

Classic mint is a color is it’s own. Although it falls under the pastel colors it is very underestimated and shines throughout any ceremony.

7. Ashley
    Posted Dec 23 at 1:56 pm | Permalink

Love these bridesmaid dresses! Do you know who the designer is?

8. Kalisha Ybarra
    Posted May 16 at 7:20 am | Permalink

Is there any update on where these bridesmaid dresses are from and the color name? I’ve been looking for these exact ones forever and would love to have them for my bridesmaids!

9. Emily
    Posted Jun 26 at 9:11 am | Permalink

I think I found those exact dresses! I believe they’re from the After Six line on the Dessy website. Not sure what color these particular bridesmaids are in… but they’re beautiful!

10. Megan Utzman
    Posted Aug 5 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

Hello!

Do you have any information from the Bride on where the bridesmaids necklaces are from?

If you could email me back, that would be super!

Thanks!

11. Kristina
    Posted Aug 13 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

Great post and I’m looking for that EXACT same color of bridesmaid dresses- do you know the designer/color name??

12. Joanna
    Posted Aug 24 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

Hi there!

I absolutely LOVE the bridesmaid dresses! Exactly what I am looking for! Can you share what brand the dresses were?

Thank you!

13. Meredith
    Posted Sep 14 at 6:15 am | Permalink

I love these bridesmaid dresses as well! Any update form the bride on what designer and color they are? It seems a lot of us love this color palette. Thank you!!

14. Emme
    Posted May 29 at 8:52 am | Permalink

I have also been looking for the bridesmaid dress. The Dessy dress style has been discontinued but Bella Bridesmaid referred me to this similar style for $210.

15. Posted Jun 28 at 9:04 pm | Permalink

Wonderful site. Lots of helpful info here. I am sending it to several pals ans also sharing in delicious.
    And obviously, thank you on your effort!

5 Trackbacks

• Oh Lovely Day is the go-to blog on motherhood, product recommendations and parenting tips, family and home, and wedding.
  • shop my current favorite things

•  Can I please freeze time and keep him this sweet bonnet wearing, sling loving chubby baby forever? #allthefeels #themorebabiesyouhavethemorebabiesyouwant #quincyrhys  Cure for this heatwave? Slowly walking around in air conditioned Trader Joe's and buying all of the mini pumpkins  it worked for a little while.
     Surprised this fella with a solo ice cream date after school today and it was good. The company and the ice cream.   Each one of my kids teaches me different things in different ways. Today this one taught me that two tantrums and a skipped nap do not a bad day make. Because despite his seriously trying my patience today we actually had a pretty good one. And his smiles are just the best ❤️ / Alternative caption: I want his bangs  #mommacalvinselfies #calvins3rdyear #battlefieldmotherhood
%d bloggers like this: