• {It’s in the Details} Embroidery Hoop Wedding Decor DIYs

I love when I find something really simple that can be used in many different ways.  Who would have thought you could find so many cool uses for embroidery hoops in wedding decor and details?  They are cheap and make doing a little DIY for your wedding super easy!

{embroidery hoop ring pillow alternative}
    {embroidery hoop table numbers}
    {embroidery hoop signs}
    {embroidery hoop chandelier}
    {via babble}
    {embroidery hoop photo display}
    {via twig}
    {embroidery hoop decor}
    {left and bottom right: janae hardy via love and lavender, top right: martha stewart weddings}
    I love the idea of collecting fabrics in different patterns and colors and hanging them in embroidery hoops as wedding decor.  You can move them into your home after and create a gallery wall display with them to remind you of your wedding day.  Which is your favorite idea?

1. Posted Jan 17 at 8:41 am | Permalink

Although I’m more of the crafter in the family, my sister does actually do some needlepoint. I love the idea for the ring pillow. GENIUS!

2. Posted Jan 17 at 8:47 am | Permalink

Love the idea of the hoop chandelier! Such a fun DIY project!:)

3. Posted Jan 17 at 9:05 am | Permalink

Thanks for the great ideas! I love the decor one so much! And I think the numbers would be lovely for photos of our kids.

4. Posted Jan 17 at 9:17 am | Permalink

Such a sweet addition, and I love how easily they can become a lifelong memento, too 🙂

5. Posted Jan 17 at 11:07 am | Permalink

I love embroidery hoops ~ such a cute decor idea!

6. Posted Jan 17 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

So so sweet, especially that No. 5!

7. Posted Jan 17 at 6:39 pm | Permalink

So cute and innovative…we especially loved the chandeliers and the photo displays.

8. Posted Jan 18 at 12:24 am | Permalink

Using as signs is such a fab idea!!

9. Posted Jan 18 at 4:34 am | Permalink

I haven’t had time to sit down and sew something in ages, but I used to love embroidery. It is just so therapeutic!

10. Posted Mar 8 at 1:34 am | Permalink

Some great ideas here – I love the chandeliers and table numbers. Recently I made a little piece of embroidery hoop art of my own http://bit.ly/zbMjLi would love to know what you think!

11. Posted Mar 27 at 11:25 am | Permalink

Lovely, what a great idea! This is also something maybe grandmother or aunt can do to participate in the wedding preparations.

12. Posted Sep 14 at 3:43 am | Permalink

Quanta Delicadeza….mas o bom gosto na sua seleção é impecável.

•  Continuing the Halloween theme today because I'm in a Halloween mood  Last year. My favorite movie as a kid became Charlie's favorite last year and he wanted to be Jareth so bad. I wasn't sure I could pull it off, but we did. Even down to dressing Calvin as Toby because he was the perfect age. I don't think it will ever get better than this for me. #dancemagicdance #babewiththepower #labyrinth  Motherhood is a constantly evolving state of total joy, exhausted agony, superhuman strength, and very human failures. As soon as you celebrate that superhuman successful day, it is replaced with new challenges. And just when you think you can't go one more day, you get a day so magical you want to have ten more babies. I'm in the midst of one of those exhausted phases again but I keep trying to remind myself that it is this phase that makes the magical days shine brighter. In the wise words of Miley Cyrus (I'm actually serious): it's all about the climb.  We've got this mamas. (Tag a momma who needs to get cheesy and read the words to a Miley Cyrus song ) #battlefieldmotherhood _______________________________________________ I can almost see it. That dream I'm dreaming, But there's a voice inside my head saying, "You'll never reach it." Every step I'm takin' Every move I make feels lost with no direction, My faith is shakin' But I, I gotta keep tryin' Gotta keep my head held high There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb The struggles I'm facing The chances I'm taking Sometimes might knock me down, But no, I'm not breaking I may not know it, But these are the moments That I'm gonna remember most  Just gotta keep goin', And I, I gotta be strong Just keep pushing on, 'Cause... There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb.
       Countdown to Halloween is on! Reminiscing about that time Charlie was @macklemore for Halloween, 2013. Kid was two weeks shy of three and played the part to a tee. What is your favorite costume you or your kids ever did? #isthatyourgrandmascoat #poppintags #charlieasmacklemore #babymacklemore #bornentertainer #charlesdashiell  We have this hat, passed down to Charlie from my friend's little boy, then passed down to Calvin. It's just a simple grey hat but it is so so cute and is the thing that my boys wear the most in the toddler years. It holds so much sentimental value for me. Well yesterday I took the babies on a walk and somewhere along the way Calvin chucked it. He also tossed his shoes but I saw those right away. It wasn't until we stopped for lunch that I realized the hat was gone. I was so sad about it that I retraced our steps to see if I could find it. No luck. I'm pretty sure he tossed it in Goodwill while I was digging for stuff for our Halloween costumes. Which means it is gone, because when you lose something in Goodwill it is seriously like looking for a needle in a haystack. I've been sick about it ever since, which I know is silly. It's just a hat, after all. But it's one of those things that I was planning to pass to Quincy and then save forever and when I was old and grey I would dig it out of the attic and take a walk down memory lane. You moms know what I'm talking about. But it's gone and all I have are photos and the memories. Luckily Calvin had started putting it on Quincy's head and last week I snapped this picture. Charlie and Calvin both kept saying "cuuuuuuute" ❤️ I hope it makes its way onto another little boy's head someday #thefredrickboys #calvinandquincy #brudders #thebrotherhoodofthegreytoddlerhat