• {Real Wedding} Kate & Tim: Pretty Pink + Peach DIY Wedding (that cost under $4000!)

Yes, you read that right – this wedding’s budget was $4000!  This wedding shows you that it is possible to have a gorgeous wedding full of fun details without spending a small fortune.  And I LOVE the color palette!

From the bride:

About the DIY: We tried to do as much DIY as we could to keep our budget below $4000. I made my veil, all of the bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres, the flag bunting, the little flags for the cake and cupcakes and all of the print pieces (invitation, menus, various signs around the reception area, etc.) I’m a graphic designer, so that part was really important to me.

What was your favorite moment: My favorite moment was definitely when we read our vows. We wrote them ourselves, so it was emotional, happy and so full of love. I think it really showed everyone just how much we love each other!

How did you make your wedding YOU?  From the start, we wanted this wedding to look and feel like us. The music, what we wore, the fact that our dog was part of the wedding, the bonfire – we wanted it to be like a big party outside with all of our favorite people. And that’s exactly what it was!

How much do you love this wedding?  I’m obsessed with the color palette and the mismatched bridesmaids.  What’s your favorite detail?

Vendors:  Photographer: Amanda Perry Photography / Venue: Academy of Performing Arts / Dress: David’s Bridal / Catering: Oklahoma Joe’s / Drinks: Boulevard Brewing Company / Cake: Hy-Vee / Waffle, the dog’s, bow tie: Etsy Shop Pipsqueak and Petunia

1. Posted Jan 18 at 7:52 am | Permalink

Awesome wedding!! Love the details! :)

2. Posted Jan 18 at 8:02 am | Permalink

I love this! I’m also on a budget for our wedding. I like the mason jar idea! We are using mason jars for our wedding as well. I am in love with the boutonnieres. I’d love to know what you used to make those and the orange balls are fabulous! What a great find. I’d love to find green ones but am not sure where to look.

3. Posted Jan 18 at 8:03 am | Permalink

loving the pops of color!

4. Posted Jan 18 at 8:03 am | Permalink

What a great wedding and it shows you that you can still have a beautiful wedding with lots of love for not a huge budget. Loving the printed pieces.

5. Posted Jan 18 at 8:33 am | Permalink

I love the modern print pieces that they mixed in with the more outdoor, rustic vibe!:) Such a lovely wedding!

6. Posted Jan 18 at 9:10 am | Permalink

So so sweet! I love the color palette and the sweet details!

7. Mark @ shopedc.com
      Posted Jan 18 at 9:41 am | Permalink

Your dog is so adorable. Beautiful post Chandra.

8. The Bride :)
      Posted Jan 18 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

I’m so excited to have our wedding featured! Thank you! And thanks everyone for all of the sweet comments. It was a great day :)

Jen – Thank you! I went to Hobby Lobby on a whim and found some fake flowers that I really liked (and that I thought could pass as real). Then I made the orange balls out of little Styrofoam balls and paint – so you could use green instead of orange and end up with the same thing! Then I just stuck green floral wire in them for the stem, arranged the other flowers together with it and floral taped it all together. Super easy – and fun!

9. Posted Jan 19 at 3:13 am | Permalink

wow

really super and nice look

10. Posted Jan 19 at 4:55 am | Permalink

This is beautiful!! The details are amazing and I LOVE the color palette!

11. Posted Mar 3 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

This wedding is wonderful! Everything is so beautiful, you’d never guess you had a $4k budget! And I love that your dog was in the wedding, that’s my favorite. Hoping our dog can join us on our wedding day :)

12. jackie
      Posted Dec 4 at 6:49 pm | Permalink

hey! I found this via pinterest… and I immediately knew it was a KC wedding! anyway, where did you get the big tub for the beer? I am looking to get one. thanks!

• follow oh lovely day on pinterest
    • Topics

Archives

• mens wearhouse
    • George Street Photo & Video
    • Sugarplum Lane Baby
    • Minted Wedding Stationery
    • Gilded Rentals

My Current Obsessions

• Shop For Your Honeymoon

• Our Wedding
    • Bloggers Wedding Advice
    • Lovely Ever After
    • oh lovely day on instagram
    •  Sharing my inspiration for #babyfredrickpartdeux's nursery today on the blog, with lots of goodies from @serenaandlily @thelandofnod @pbteen @babyjives & other @etsy shops. Baby nursery design is fun!
       If you're looking for ways to get rid of all of those hard boiled eggs from Easter I've rounded up 30 yummy ideas beyond your boring egg salad and shared them on @itsmomtastic : http://www.momtastic.com/food/415651-30-ways-to-use-your-hard-boiled-easter-eggs/
    • Wedding Paper Divas Save the Date Card Sale