{DIY} Woodburned Table Numbers

Hey y’all!  For today’s DIY, the bride from this Sweet Southern DIY Wedding is sharing her woodburned table numbers and sign DIY project!  I loved these, so I’m really glad to have Katie share them.

When my family tore down our barn, we found bundles upon bundles of wooden shingles. My uncle just happened to be helping us that day which sparked my idea for the table numbers. He had woodburned a few gorgeous items when I was little and so I asked him if he would woodburn the numbers for our tables.

We used 16 shingles all together. Numbers 1-15 and he did a “Mr. & Mrs.” for the head table.  If you don’t have a torn-down barn of your own you could find some here or here.

I wanted to cut more shingles at an angle and adhere them to the back (hot glue would be fine) so they would stand up but this was a last minute project and the backs had to be delegated out. My mom knew that they made adhesive cardboard backings and she bought some at Michael’s.

But if you want to do wood easels, you could use these and cut them down to size.
And if you don’t have an uncle (or someone else) who knows how to do woodburning, you can buy a woodburning kit online for as little as $10.

We picked a font with pretty numbers, blew them up to about 400 pts in word. We printed, traced, and filled in the number with the wood burning tool. The “Mr. & Mrs.” was made the same way.

This DIY would be perfect for a rustic barn, ranch, or outdoor wedding!  And they are really affordable and easy to do.  Thanks so much to Katie for sharing!  Any of you planning to try them yourself?
All photos by TimWill Photography

1. Posted Apr 18 at 6:57 am | Permalink

I love this idea! Simple, elegant and affordable – those are the best DIY projects!

2. Posted Apr 18 at 3:29 pm | Permalink

These are cute! They remind me of branding irons for cattle – actually – cattle brands would make great table signs!

3. Posted Apr 19 at 4:17 am | Permalink

These are great. So perfect!

4. Posted Apr 21 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

Love these! I had no idea they had wood burning kits, either. Great idea.

5. Jessica
    Posted Jun 4 at 12:45 pm | Permalink

These are adorable! How do they stay upright? Are they just leaning on something or is there a stand I can’t see?

6. Sara
    Posted Jul 17 at 7:05 am | Permalink

These look great! Do you remember which font you used for the numbers?

• Oh Lovely Day is the go-to blog on motherhood, product recommendations and parenting tips, family and home, and wedding.
  • shop my current favorite things

•  7 years and three babies ago we celebrated our one month wedding anniversary in Florence on our honeymoon. I miss having traveling adventures with you. We're on a different kind of adventure now (one with even better views but an even harder climb to the top) but someday we'll get to do this again. Side note: I also miss being this size, so I'll put that on the "hopefully someday" list too #goals #beforebabies #grainybutgood  Surprised this fella with a solo ice cream date after school today and it was good. The company and the ice cream.
     Can I please freeze time and keep him this sweet bonnet wearing, sling loving chubby baby forever? #allthefeels #themorebabiesyouhavethemorebabiesyouwant #quincyrhys  Cure for this heatwave? Slowly walking around in air conditioned Trader Joe's and buying all of the mini pumpkins  it worked for a little while.
%d bloggers like this: