• {DIY} Woodburned Table Numbers

Hey y’all!  For today’s DIY, the bride from this Sweet Southern DIY Wedding is sharing her woodburned table numbers and sign DIY project!  I loved these, so I’m really glad to have Katie share them.

When my family tore down our barn, we found bundles upon bundles of wooden shingles. My uncle just happened to be helping us that day which sparked my idea for the table numbers. He had woodburned a few gorgeous items when I was little and so I asked him if he would woodburn the numbers for our tables.

We used 16 shingles all together. Numbers 1-15 and he did a “Mr. & Mrs.” for the head table.  If you don’t have a torn-down barn of your own you could find some here or here.

I wanted to cut more shingles at an angle and adhere them to the back (hot glue would be fine) so they would stand up but this was a last minute project and the backs had to be delegated out. My mom knew that they made adhesive cardboard backings and she bought some at Michael’s.

But if you want to do wood easels, you could use these and cut them down to size.
    And if you don’t have an uncle (or someone else) who knows how to do woodburning, you can buy a woodburning kit online for as little as $10.

We picked a font with pretty numbers, blew them up to about 400 pts in word. We printed, traced, and filled in the number with the wood burning tool. The “Mr. & Mrs.” was made the same way.

This DIY would be perfect for a rustic barn, ranch, or outdoor wedding!  And they are really affordable and easy to do.  Thanks so much to Katie for sharing!  Any of you planning to try them yourself?
    All photos by TimWill Photography

1. Posted Apr 18 at 6:57 am | Permalink

I love this idea! Simple, elegant and affordable – those are the best DIY projects!

2. Posted Apr 18 at 3:29 pm | Permalink

These are cute! They remind me of branding irons for cattle – actually – cattle brands would make great table signs!

3. Posted Apr 19 at 4:17 am | Permalink

These are great. So perfect!

4. Posted Apr 21 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

Love these! I had no idea they had wood burning kits, either. Great idea.

5. Jessica
      Posted Jun 4 at 12:45 pm | Permalink

These are adorable! How do they stay upright? Are they just leaning on something or is there a stand I can’t see?

6. Sara
      Posted Jul 17 at 7:05 am | Permalink

These look great! Do you remember which font you used for the numbers?

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Apparently you wanted to sleep in your own room as well, because last night your brothers bunked up and you got the nursery all to yourself and slept like a champ. 7:30-3:30, quick feeding, then up at 6:30. Which means I got my first real night's sleep in 7 months. Encore encore!!!  #quincyrhys #quincysmilestones  I can hardly believe Quincy was ever this tiny. And now he's 7 months tomorrow. Since we are out of the infant baby gear/clothing phase, I'm selling it all at a deep discount now at @ohlovelydaysale (including this playmat!) and more this weekend if you are local. See the flyer a few posts back and head to my sale feed. Tag your expecting friends or the mom's of new babes that are in So Cal! #OLDsamplesale
       7 months old today, but momma won't be taking your 7 month photo today (probably not tomorrow either) because I'm so tired from your sleeping more like a 7 week old than a 7 month old. Did you not get the 3rd baby memo? If you don't give me more sleep soon I'm going to pull a Lindsay Lohan and check myself into a nice facility due to my "exhaustion" (except in my case it really will be exhaustion). Then who will you wake up all night, huh? So can you try and just wake me up once a night? Instead of 3? Deal? DEAL!!!? #seriouslysotired #quincyrhys  Mama said there'd be days like this... Just not 200 of them in a row  good thing the company's cute. Also, currently loving this playmat from @lollalandusa - it's big and soft and cleans easily. And now we can practice sitting without worrying about head bumps when he falls over  #quincyrhys #OLDfavefinds