• {DIY} Woodburned Table Numbers

Hey y’all!  For today’s DIY, the bride from this Sweet Southern DIY Wedding is sharing her woodburned table numbers and sign DIY project!  I loved these, so I’m really glad to have Katie share them.

When my family tore down our barn, we found bundles upon bundles of wooden shingles. My uncle just happened to be helping us that day which sparked my idea for the table numbers. He had woodburned a few gorgeous items when I was little and so I asked him if he would woodburn the numbers for our tables.

We used 16 shingles all together. Numbers 1-15 and he did a “Mr. & Mrs.” for the head table.  If you don’t have a torn-down barn of your own you could find some here or here.

I wanted to cut more shingles at an angle and adhere them to the back (hot glue would be fine) so they would stand up but this was a last minute project and the backs had to be delegated out. My mom knew that they made adhesive cardboard backings and she bought some at Michael’s.

But if you want to do wood easels, you could use these and cut them down to size.
    And if you don’t have an uncle (or someone else) who knows how to do woodburning, you can buy a woodburning kit online for as little as $10.

We picked a font with pretty numbers, blew them up to about 400 pts in word. We printed, traced, and filled in the number with the wood burning tool. The “Mr. & Mrs.” was made the same way.

This DIY would be perfect for a rustic barn, ranch, or outdoor wedding!  And they are really affordable and easy to do.  Thanks so much to Katie for sharing!  Any of you planning to try them yourself?
    All photos by TimWill Photography

1. Posted Apr 18 at 6:57 am | Permalink

I love this idea! Simple, elegant and affordable – those are the best DIY projects!

2. Posted Apr 18 at 3:29 pm | Permalink

These are cute! They remind me of branding irons for cattle – actually – cattle brands would make great table signs!

3. Posted Apr 19 at 4:17 am | Permalink

These are great. So perfect!

4. Posted Apr 21 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

Love these! I had no idea they had wood burning kits, either. Great idea.

5. Jessica
      Posted Jun 4 at 12:45 pm | Permalink

These are adorable! How do they stay upright? Are they just leaning on something or is there a stand I can’t see?

6. Sara
      Posted Jul 17 at 7:05 am | Permalink

These look great! Do you remember which font you used for the numbers?

•  Seriously cannot believe I'm saying this but, YOU ARE NINE MONTHS OLD! Your first 9 months of life sure did go by faster than your 9 months in my belly, and I didn't even know you were in there for the first 9 weeks! (Yep, I was totally that pregnant lady the third time around  but that's a story for another time...) You are feeding yourself, have still never had a bottle , are pulling up to standing, sprint crawling, finally cut your first tooth and are working on your second. You have regressed in sleep and the last week have been waking up 1-2 times a night but I know it's those teeth. You are not a good teether. You're babbling like crazy, mostly in this hilarious new demon voice, you often mimic sounds, and are always saying dadadada. How about a little mama, huh? I'm the one who has barely slept for 9 months through colic and reflux and nursing and night wakings and who carries you around on my person 90% of the time. I'm not bitter though. The smiles you save for me alone more than make up for it. #quincysmonthbymonth  Countdown to Halloween is on! Reminiscing about that time Charlie was @macklemore for Halloween, 2013. Kid was two weeks shy of three and played the part to a tee. What is your favorite costume you or your kids ever did? #isthatyourgrandmascoat #poppintags #charlieasmacklemore #babymacklemore #bornentertainer #charlesdashiell
       Continuing the Halloween theme today because I'm in a Halloween mood  Last year. My favorite movie as a kid became Charlie's favorite last year and he wanted to be Jareth so bad. I wasn't sure I could pull it off, but we did. Even down to dressing Calvin as Toby because he was the perfect age. I don't think it will ever get better than this for me. #dancemagicdance #babewiththepower #labyrinth  Motherhood is a constantly evolving state of total joy, exhausted agony, superhuman strength, and very human failures. As soon as you celebrate that superhuman successful day, it is replaced with new challenges. And just when you think you can't go one more day, you get a day so magical you want to have ten more babies. I'm in the midst of one of those exhausted phases again but I keep trying to remind myself that it is this phase that makes the magical days shine brighter. In the wise words of Miley Cyrus (I'm actually serious): it's all about the climb.  We've got this mamas. (Tag a momma who needs to get cheesy and read the words to a Miley Cyrus song ) #battlefieldmotherhood _______________________________________________ I can almost see it. That dream I'm dreaming, But there's a voice inside my head saying, "You'll never reach it." Every step I'm takin' Every move I make feels lost with no direction, My faith is shakin' But I, I gotta keep tryin' Gotta keep my head held high There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb The struggles I'm facing The chances I'm taking Sometimes might knock me down, But no, I'm not breaking I may not know it, But these are the moments That I'm gonna remember most  Just gotta keep goin', And I, I gotta be strong Just keep pushing on, 'Cause... There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb.