• {It’s in the Details} 5 Fab Ceremony Backdrop Ideas

If you’re not getting married in a church or location with a fabulous view, you may want to DIY a wedding ceremony backdrop to pull together your ceremony space and jazz up your I DO’s, not to mention your photos. Here are 5 great ideas for a wedding ceremony backdrop:

{Backdrop for a DIY Wedding}
    5 Fab Ceremony Backdrop Ideas | Oh Lovely Day
    Fun, whimsical, and totally DIY, a pinwheel backdrop is perfect for you brides having a DIY wedding with lots of handmade touches.
    {Backdrop for the Personal Wedding}
    5 Fab Ceremony Backdrop Ideas | Oh Lovely Day
    What could be more personal than sharing your wedding vows or a special reading, note, etc. on your wedding ceremony backdrop?  This idea includes an aisle runner too, which ties the whole thing together.  You’d need very minimal ceremony decor with this jawdropping backdrop.
    {Backdrop for the Modern Wedding}
    5 Fab Ceremony Backdrop Ideas | Oh Lovely Day
    This backdrop of stacked blocks decorated in geometric shapes and cool colors is perfect for a both an outdoor or indoor modern wedding.  Add some rugs for the wedding party to stand on and you’re all set.
    {Backdrop for the Cool Wedding}
    5 Fab Ceremony Backdrop Ideas | Oh Lovely Day
    This one is perfect for artists, hipsters, creatives, or the couple that has a lot of hands on help.  Because those cranes would take forever, so unless you’re super talented with loads of time on your hands, you’re going to need hired help on this one.  But I love the tiny paper cranes against the dark fabric background, don’t you?
    {Backdrop for the Classic Wedding}
    5 Fab Ceremony Backdrop Ideas | Oh Lovely Day

Are your wedding tastes more of the classic variety, but you still want to add a little touch of personality to your day?  A sweet sign, banner, or saying hung above you during the ceremony is the perfect touch.

Which is your ceremony backdrop style?  Any ideas you’d like to add to the list?

PS- if you like ribbons, check out these ribbon backdrop ideas.

{photo credits} pinwheel backdrop from louisa bailey / vows backdrop and runner by tammy horton photography via style me pretty / modern backdrop by jesi haack design and jose villa via 100 layer cake / paper crane backdrop by altmix photography via ruffled / classic sign backdrop by yvonne wong via green wedding shoes

1. Posted Nov 15 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

Oh wow! The vow backdrop is the coolest thing I’ve seen in a while! I can’t wait to see someone I know do this in person at their wedding.

2. Posted Nov 18 at 9:30 pm | Permalink

Love all these ideas!!! But how perfect is that Oh Lovely Day one?!

3. Posted Nov 19 at 10:15 am | Permalink

I love the vows backdrop. The image of the script behind them is beautiful in and of itself but then when you realize it’s their vows…too cute!

I saw a backdrop that was an elaborate chalk drawing on the side of a building recently. It was pretty fantastic.

4. Nick
      Posted Aug 3 at 3:30 pm | Permalink

I’m helping a friend with her wedding and she absolutely loves the backdrop of stacked blocks decorated in geometric shapes and cool colors. What did you guys use for the blocks? Is it cardboard? The geometrical shapes, is it fabric or painted on? I can’t tell. Looks great though. Thanks for any help you can offer.

• Posted Aug 3 at 5:16 pm | Permalink

Hi Nick- We didn’t make all of the backdrops, just collected the ideas to share. Event designer and stylist Jesi Haack made the geometric one – you might want to ask her.

5. Posted Sep 8 at 11:10 pm | Permalink

Documents and data can be saved in HTMLformat or RTF format for easy distribution across different platforms and computers.
      However, most libraries will be unable to store and share the
      amount and ddiversity of infornation that the Internet can. Live
      and Workk in NYC entrepreneurial idea: Bartender come event planner.

6. Posted Nov 3 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

Daniels is able to ofer advide and insght on a multitude
      of topics, including thise pertaining to caterrer options.
      Look for wedding outfits for yourself plus
      wedding paryy allow time for alternations and fittings.
      Unless the iinvitation states that it is
      acceptable, it is best not too wezr jeans tto the wedding.

• follow oh lovely day on pinterest
    • Topics

Archives

• mens wearhouse
    • Sugarplum Lane Baby
    • Minted Wedding Stationery
    • Gilded Rentals

My Favorite Things

Shop For Your Honeymoon

Baby Must-Haves

• Our Wedding
    • Bloggers Wedding Advice
    • Lovely Ever After
    • oh lovely day on instagram
    •  This month growth spurt is really pissing us off.
       I'm busy working on holiday gift guides and gathering discounts for some Black Friday and Small Biz Saturday lists. If you are a small business offering a discount that you would like included for small biz Saturday, please do the following: (do not leave a comment here to be included although feel free to tag your favorite shops so they can email me!) 1. Email me at chandra@ohlovelyday.com 2. Use subject line SMALL BIZ SATURDAY DISCOUNT 3. Include your Company name linked to your website with the coupon code and when it is valid, as well as any exclusions (ex: US only, must spend over $30, etc) Due to the number of emails I receive and that my computer time is limited with a baby I won't be able to respond to every email. I will only include shops I feel are a fit with my blog and readers due to space limitations. You can check the post on Saturday to see the full list. I encourage everyone to shop small and handmade this holiday season!
    • Wedding Paper Divas Save the Date Card Sale