• {Styled Shoot} Vintage World Travel Wedding

old world travel wedding shootI love vintage, I love travel, and I love weddings.  So today’s styled shoot sent to me by Tiffany Walsh with Wedding 101 Nashville is pretty much a no brainer.  I’m a big fan of vintage globes and maps, so the map paper airplanes, the maps decoupaged onto the plates, and the globe altar decor are hitting my sweet spot.  Here’s a little about the shoot concept from Tiffany:

Since this couple is planning to travel all over Europe on their honeymoon, we gave them a glimpse of what their day could look like with our Old World Travel theme at Natchez Hills Vineyard’s beautiful estate, just south of Nashville in Hampshire, TN. With the help of a slew of vintage suitcases, globes, old books, cameras, and map paper airplanes, the vineyard was transported back in time for the celebration for Katie & Doug’s special unity. The warm Tennessee sun gave a romantic glow to the couple strolling and embracing among the grapevines, lounging on a Victorian sofa, and goofing off in the vintage photobooth – travel gnomes and all! Our favorite moment was a special twist on the traditional unity candle: the bride and groom placed a bottle of wine, two glasses and notes written to one another into a custom-made wooden box and nailed it shut – only to be opened on their ten year wedding anniversary. Helen Keller says, “Life is either a great adventure or nothing.” After this shoot, Katie and Doug are well on their way to a beautiful wedding day and a honeymoon abroad that will the beginning of many great adventures in their lives.

old world travel wedding shoot old world travel wedding shoot old world travel wedding shoot old world travel wedding shoot old world travel wedding shoot old world travel wedding shootI love this idea for an anniversary shoot, incorporating places you’ve traveled together or went on your honeymoon as well.  Anyone else love maps and globes as much as I do?

PS – if you do, here’s how to incorporate globes into your wedding.  And you might like this travel-themed inspiration board.

{Vendors} Photographer: David Braud Photography / Styling & Design: Wedding 101 Nashville / Caterer:  Perl Catering / Event Planner:  Belle Events / Floral Designer:  Branching Out Floral and Event Design / Invitation Designer:  designs in paper / Cinema and Video:  Stephen Price Videography / Dress Store:  The Spoiled Lady, Something Old, Something New Consignment Boutique / Cake Designer:  Sweet Temptations / Linens and Coverings:  Southern Events, Southern Events Party Rental / Makeup Artist:  Marz Makeup & Hair / Jewelry:  Stella & Dot / Tuxedo and Mens Attire:  American Tuxedos / Event Venue:  Natchez Hills Vineyard

1. Posted Feb 28 at 9:24 am | Permalink

Thanks for posting this Chandra. It was a fun day working with Tiffany and Amy from Wedding 101 and great bunch of other folks to shoot this special event at the beautiful Natchez Hills Vineyard. For anyone interested I’ll be posting more of this shoot soon on my site/gallery. Like us on FB to see when the other photos are published http://www.facebook.com/davidbraudphotography
      — and Flashtastic Photo Booth – http://www.FlashtasticPhotoBooth.com – was also there (not in the vendor list) for the shoot.

2. Posted Feb 28 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

We love these vintage photos, there are perfect! Keep up the good work.

3. Posted Feb 28 at 8:32 pm | Permalink

WE ARE THRILLED! It looks beyond gorgeous on your new site 🙂 Thank you for featuring our hard work and amazing vendors. They are so talented!

4. Posted Mar 1 at 10:26 am | Permalink

Thanks for posting Chandra!!! The pictures and the write-up turned out beautifully! The staff at Natchez Hills Vineyard enjoyed working with Tiffany from Wedding 101 and all the vendors who helped make this shoot come to life! If you get a chance check us out at http://www.natchezhills.com or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/natchezhills.

5. Posted Mar 24 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

Hi Chandra,
      Thank you SO much for the gorgeous feature of some of our favorite rentals! We love the use of the around the world theme 🙂
      -Heather from Southern Events

6. Posted Apr 4 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

I love the vintage photos. Great work!

7. Posted Sep 26 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

I am truly grateful tto thee holder of this website who
      has shared this impressive paragraph at here.

8. Posted Sep 29 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

Contemplating their busy strategy of life, may be they don’t possess the time and energy to make a day at the lender for
      that procedure due to their busy schedule.

• CURRENT OBSESSIONS

•  Apparently you wanted to sleep in your own room as well, because last night your brothers bunked up and you got the nursery all to yourself and slept like a champ. 7:30-3:30, quick feeding, then up at 6:30. Which means I got my first real night's sleep in 7 months. Encore encore!!!  #quincyrhys #quincysmilestones  I can hardly believe Quincy was ever this tiny. And now he's 7 months tomorrow. Since we are out of the infant baby gear/clothing phase, I'm selling it all at a deep discount now at @ohlovelydaysale (including this playmat!) and more this weekend if you are local. See the flyer a few posts back and head to my sale feed. Tag your expecting friends or the mom's of new babes that are in So Cal! #OLDsamplesale
       7 months old today, but momma won't be taking your 7 month photo today (probably not tomorrow either) because I'm so tired from your sleeping more like a 7 week old than a 7 month old. Did you not get the 3rd baby memo? If you don't give me more sleep soon I'm going to pull a Lindsay Lohan and check myself into a nice facility due to my "exhaustion" (except in my case it really will be exhaustion). Then who will you wake up all night, huh? So can you try and just wake me up once a night? Instead of 3? Deal? DEAL!!!? #seriouslysotired #quincyrhys  Mama said there'd be days like this... Just not 200 of them in a row  good thing the company's cute. Also, currently loving this playmat from @lollalandusa - it's big and soft and cleans easily. And now we can practice sitting without worrying about head bumps when he falls over  #quincyrhys #OLDfavefinds