• {Styled Shoot} Vintage World Travel Wedding

old world travel wedding shootI love vintage, I love travel, and I love weddings.  So today’s styled shoot sent to me by Tiffany Walsh with Wedding 101 Nashville is pretty much a no brainer.  I’m a big fan of vintage globes and maps, so the map paper airplanes, the maps decoupaged onto the plates, and the globe altar decor are hitting my sweet spot.  Here’s a little about the shoot concept from Tiffany:

Since this couple is planning to travel all over Europe on their honeymoon, we gave them a glimpse of what their day could look like with our Old World Travel theme at Natchez Hills Vineyard’s beautiful estate, just south of Nashville in Hampshire, TN. With the help of a slew of vintage suitcases, globes, old books, cameras, and map paper airplanes, the vineyard was transported back in time for the celebration for Katie & Doug’s special unity. The warm Tennessee sun gave a romantic glow to the couple strolling and embracing among the grapevines, lounging on a Victorian sofa, and goofing off in the vintage photobooth – travel gnomes and all! Our favorite moment was a special twist on the traditional unity candle: the bride and groom placed a bottle of wine, two glasses and notes written to one another into a custom-made wooden box and nailed it shut – only to be opened on their ten year wedding anniversary. Helen Keller says, “Life is either a great adventure or nothing.” After this shoot, Katie and Doug are well on their way to a beautiful wedding day and a honeymoon abroad that will the beginning of many great adventures in their lives.

old world travel wedding shoot old world travel wedding shoot old world travel wedding shoot old world travel wedding shoot old world travel wedding shoot old world travel wedding shootI love this idea for an anniversary shoot, incorporating places you’ve traveled together or went on your honeymoon as well.  Anyone else love maps and globes as much as I do?

PS – if you do, here’s how to incorporate globes into your wedding.  And you might like this travel-themed inspiration board.

{Vendors} Photographer: David Braud Photography / Styling & Design: Wedding 101 Nashville / Caterer:  Perl Catering / Event Planner:  Belle Events / Floral Designer:  Branching Out Floral and Event Design / Invitation Designer:  designs in paper / Cinema and Video:  Stephen Price Videography / Dress Store:  The Spoiled Lady, Something Old, Something New Consignment Boutique / Cake Designer:  Sweet Temptations / Linens and Coverings:  Southern Events, Southern Events Party Rental / Makeup Artist:  Marz Makeup & Hair / Jewelry:  Stella & Dot / Tuxedo and Mens Attire:  American Tuxedos / Event Venue:  Natchez Hills Vineyard

1. Posted Feb 28 at 9:24 am | Permalink

Thanks for posting this Chandra. It was a fun day working with Tiffany and Amy from Wedding 101 and great bunch of other folks to shoot this special event at the beautiful Natchez Hills Vineyard. For anyone interested I’ll be posting more of this shoot soon on my site/gallery. Like us on FB to see when the other photos are published http://www.facebook.com/davidbraudphotography
      — and Flashtastic Photo Booth – http://www.FlashtasticPhotoBooth.com – was also there (not in the vendor list) for the shoot.

2. Posted Feb 28 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

We love these vintage photos, there are perfect! Keep up the good work.

3. Posted Feb 28 at 8:32 pm | Permalink

WE ARE THRILLED! It looks beyond gorgeous on your new site 🙂 Thank you for featuring our hard work and amazing vendors. They are so talented!

4. Posted Mar 1 at 10:26 am | Permalink

Thanks for posting Chandra!!! The pictures and the write-up turned out beautifully! The staff at Natchez Hills Vineyard enjoyed working with Tiffany from Wedding 101 and all the vendors who helped make this shoot come to life! If you get a chance check us out at http://www.natchezhills.com or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/natchezhills.

5. Posted Mar 24 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

Hi Chandra,
      Thank you SO much for the gorgeous feature of some of our favorite rentals! We love the use of the around the world theme 🙂
      -Heather from Southern Events

6. Posted Apr 4 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

I love the vintage photos. Great work!

7. Posted Sep 26 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

I am truly grateful tto thee holder of this website who
      has shared this impressive paragraph at here.

8. Posted Sep 29 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

Contemplating their busy strategy of life, may be they don’t possess the time and energy to make a day at the lender for
      that procedure due to their busy schedule.

•  Continuing the Halloween theme today because I'm in a Halloween mood  Last year. My favorite movie as a kid became Charlie's favorite last year and he wanted to be Jareth so bad. I wasn't sure I could pull it off, but we did. Even down to dressing Calvin as Toby because he was the perfect age. I don't think it will ever get better than this for me. #dancemagicdance #babewiththepower #labyrinth  Motherhood is a constantly evolving state of total joy, exhausted agony, superhuman strength, and very human failures. As soon as you celebrate that superhuman successful day, it is replaced with new challenges. And just when you think you can't go one more day, you get a day so magical you want to have ten more babies. I'm in the midst of one of those exhausted phases again but I keep trying to remind myself that it is this phase that makes the magical days shine brighter. In the wise words of Miley Cyrus (I'm actually serious): it's all about the climb.  We've got this mamas. (Tag a momma who needs to get cheesy and read the words to a Miley Cyrus song ) #battlefieldmotherhood _______________________________________________ I can almost see it. That dream I'm dreaming, But there's a voice inside my head saying, "You'll never reach it." Every step I'm takin' Every move I make feels lost with no direction, My faith is shakin' But I, I gotta keep tryin' Gotta keep my head held high There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb The struggles I'm facing The chances I'm taking Sometimes might knock me down, But no, I'm not breaking I may not know it, But these are the moments That I'm gonna remember most  Just gotta keep goin', And I, I gotta be strong Just keep pushing on, 'Cause... There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side It's the climb.
       Countdown to Halloween is on! Reminiscing about that time Charlie was @macklemore for Halloween, 2013. Kid was two weeks shy of three and played the part to a tee. What is your favorite costume you or your kids ever did? #isthatyourgrandmascoat #poppintags #charlieasmacklemore #babymacklemore #bornentertainer #charlesdashiell  We have this hat, passed down to Charlie from my friend's little boy, then passed down to Calvin. It's just a simple grey hat but it is so so cute and is the thing that my boys wear the most in the toddler years. It holds so much sentimental value for me. Well yesterday I took the babies on a walk and somewhere along the way Calvin chucked it. He also tossed his shoes but I saw those right away. It wasn't until we stopped for lunch that I realized the hat was gone. I was so sad about it that I retraced our steps to see if I could find it. No luck. I'm pretty sure he tossed it in Goodwill while I was digging for stuff for our Halloween costumes. Which means it is gone, because when you lose something in Goodwill it is seriously like looking for a needle in a haystack. I've been sick about it ever since, which I know is silly. It's just a hat, after all. But it's one of those things that I was planning to pass to Quincy and then save forever and when I was old and grey I would dig it out of the attic and take a walk down memory lane. You moms know what I'm talking about. But it's gone and all I have are photos and the memories. Luckily Calvin had started putting it on Quincy's head and last week I snapped this picture. Charlie and Calvin both kept saying "cuuuuuuute" ❤️ I hope it makes its way onto another little boy's head someday #thefredrickboys #calvinandquincy #brudders #thebrotherhoodofthegreytoddlerhat