{Styled Shoot} Vintage World Travel Wedding

old world travel wedding shootI love vintage, I love travel, and I love weddings.  So today’s styled shoot sent to me by Tiffany Walsh with Wedding 101 Nashville is pretty much a no brainer.  I’m a big fan of vintage globes and maps, so the map paper airplanes, the maps decoupaged onto the plates, and the globe altar decor are hitting my sweet spot.  Here’s a little about the shoot concept from Tiffany:

Since this couple is planning to travel all over Europe on their honeymoon, we gave them a glimpse of what their day could look like with our Old World Travel theme at Natchez Hills Vineyard’s beautiful estate, just south of Nashville in Hampshire, TN. With the help of a slew of vintage suitcases, globes, old books, cameras, and map paper airplanes, the vineyard was transported back in time for the celebration for Katie & Doug’s special unity. The warm Tennessee sun gave a romantic glow to the couple strolling and embracing among the grapevines, lounging on a Victorian sofa, and goofing off in the vintage photobooth – travel gnomes and all! Our favorite moment was a special twist on the traditional unity candle: the bride and groom placed a bottle of wine, two glasses and notes written to one another into a custom-made wooden box and nailed it shut – only to be opened on their ten year wedding anniversary. Helen Keller says, “Life is either a great adventure or nothing.” After this shoot, Katie and Doug are well on their way to a beautiful wedding day and a honeymoon abroad that will the beginning of many great adventures in their lives.

old world travel wedding shoot old world travel wedding shoot old world travel wedding shoot old world travel wedding shoot old world travel wedding shoot old world travel wedding shootI love this idea for an anniversary shoot, incorporating places you’ve traveled together or went on your honeymoon as well.  Anyone else love maps and globes as much as I do?

PS – if you do, here’s how to incorporate globes into your wedding.  And you might like this travel-themed inspiration board.

{Vendors} Photographer: David Braud Photography / Styling & Design: Wedding 101 Nashville / Caterer:  Perl Catering / Event Planner:  Belle Events / Floral Designer:  Branching Out Floral and Event Design / Invitation Designer:  designs in paper / Cinema and Video:  Stephen Price Videography / Dress Store:  The Spoiled Lady, Something Old, Something New Consignment Boutique / Cake Designer:  Sweet Temptations / Linens and Coverings:  Southern Events, Southern Events Party Rental / Makeup Artist:  Marz Makeup & Hair / Jewelry:  Stella & Dot / Tuxedo and Mens Attire:  American Tuxedos / Event Venue:  Natchez Hills Vineyard

1. Posted Feb 28 at 9:24 am | Permalink

Thanks for posting this Chandra. It was a fun day working with Tiffany and Amy from Wedding 101 and great bunch of other folks to shoot this special event at the beautiful Natchez Hills Vineyard. For anyone interested I’ll be posting more of this shoot soon on my site/gallery. Like us on FB to see when the other photos are published http://www.facebook.com/davidbraudphotography
    — and Flashtastic Photo Booth – http://www.FlashtasticPhotoBooth.com – was also there (not in the vendor list) for the shoot.

2. Posted Feb 28 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

We love these vintage photos, there are perfect! Keep up the good work.

3. Posted Feb 28 at 8:32 pm | Permalink

WE ARE THRILLED! It looks beyond gorgeous on your new site 🙂 Thank you for featuring our hard work and amazing vendors. They are so talented!

4. Posted Mar 1 at 10:26 am | Permalink

Thanks for posting Chandra!!! The pictures and the write-up turned out beautifully! The staff at Natchez Hills Vineyard enjoyed working with Tiffany from Wedding 101 and all the vendors who helped make this shoot come to life! If you get a chance check us out at http://www.natchezhills.com or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/natchezhills.

5. Posted Mar 24 at 4:29 pm | Permalink

Hi Chandra,
    Thank you SO much for the gorgeous feature of some of our favorite rentals! We love the use of the around the world theme 🙂
    -Heather from Southern Events

6. Posted Apr 4 at 1:58 pm | Permalink

I love the vintage photos. Great work!

7. Posted Sep 26 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

I am truly grateful tto thee holder of this website who
    has shared this impressive paragraph at here.

8. Posted Sep 29 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

Contemplating their busy strategy of life, may be they don’t possess the time and energy to make a day at the lender for
    that procedure due to their busy schedule.

•  Each one of my kids teaches me different things in different ways. Today this one taught me that two tantrums and a skipped nap do not a bad day make. Because despite his seriously trying my patience today we actually had a pretty good one. And his smiles are just the best ❤️ / Alternative caption: I want his bangs  #mommacalvinselfies #calvins3rdyear #battlefieldmotherhood  It's like the mothership calling him home. #littleboywindowshopping #calvins3rdyear (more on stories & snap)
     When it's hotter than blazes you wear your most tropical outfit  #quincysweekbyweek #35weeks  You've had quite a milestone month from 7-8 months. You're scooting (with some speed), crawling, sitting up on your own, and sleeping through the night (with one feeding around 4:30-5) pretty consistently. You totally want to mix it up with your brothers -- sometimes I think you are trying to jump out of my lap to get to them. You and Charlie have the sweetest relationship and you and Cal are best bros. They are both so loving towards you and patient when you pull their hair or grab the toy they have. I wish they were that patient with each other  They both watch out for you, retrieve things you drop, laugh when you're doing silly things like shaking your head like crazy, and are always looking for you. You're eating solids three times a day, still love to nurse, still have no teeth, are constantly babbling (dadadada is common), and are amazingly strong. You are 21.5 lbs (75th %) and are 90th % for height. And you still don't like me out of your sight -- all the heart eyes for momma and I love it. You're quite a flirt with everyone though but aren't loving when men get too close or talk to you too much. Except for daddy -- you're a big fan of him. You went from being my hardest baby to my easiest of the three right now. Thanks for the reprieve. Your happiness is infectious and each dimpled smile you give brightens everyone's day. Happy 8 months buddy. Love you times a million. #quincysmonthbymonth